Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Who has ever knitted the Skully Sweater from St.n b***h? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have u knitted one up before?
  Yes
  I plan too!
  No
  Never heard of it!
View Results

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:33 pm
Has anybody ever knitted the Skully Sweater from out of the Stitch n b***h book before? Or does anybody else want to? Im planning on starting on up for a fall prodject.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:10 pm
I would but I don't think I'm ready to make sweaters.
However, you can find other SnBers online on the site.
Google it. I totaly forgot the URL myself.  

YoursTruly_SissyBoi

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 pm
If my bf weren't such a warm person, I'd totally buy the book and make one for him - but I know if I ever knit him a sweater he wouldn't wear it til it got below zero sweatdrop Best of luck finding someone though!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm
I haven't actually knitted the sweater but I've used the skully pattern in a scarf. My one peice of advice is to watch the cross bones carefully- they tend to get messed up in ways that defy normal physical and mathematical laws. Like they wouldn't cross on the proper row when I started out the correct number of stitches appart and couldn't find anywhere where I'd messed up the pattern so they should meet in the right place.  

Blue-eyes-green

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:12 pm
You know, I made one of those for myself, but I've lost a lot of weight, and now it's huge! but I guess it doesn't really matter for a sweater. My girlfriend wants me to make her one, but I'm so terrified of the sweater/mate curse. I just don't know if it's a good idea. Plus, I'm a senior now, and pre-med is just sucking up all of my time.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:15 pm
Thanx u guys! 3nodding  

NightRainSpirit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:58 pm
takocos
You know, I made one of those for myself, but I've lost a lot of weight, and now it's huge! but I guess it doesn't really matter for a sweater. My girlfriend wants me to make her one, but I'm so terrified of the sweater/mate curse. I just don't know if it's a good idea. Plus, I'm a senior now, and pre-med is just sucking up all of my time.
I saw in Stitch n b***h Nation that one couple avoided the curse by writing and signing a 'pre-knittual' agreement. Basically it stipulated that the recipient would love and wear the item always, and agreed to subject themselves to the annoying process of measuring, trying-on, etc. It's a kinda funny idea, but it worked.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:21 pm
gemini6184
takocos
I saw in Stitch n b***h Nation that one couple avoided the curse by writing and signing a 'pre-knittual' agreement. Basically it stipulated that the recipient would love and wear the item always, and agreed to subject themselves to the annoying process of measuring, trying-on, etc. It's a kinda funny idea, but it worked.
lol, that is sad though that that curse actually exists. But hey, that sounds like it might just work. xd Who among us will be the first to try it though? lol  

NightRainSpirit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:10 pm
NightRainSpirit
gemini6184
takocos
lol, that is sad though that that curse actually exists. But hey, that sounds like it might just work. xd Who among us will be the first to try it though? lol
Well take it from my experience - I didn't even find out about the curse til after i went through two break-ups, and I had made something for each guy whee One guy I was even in the process of making a sweater for him as he dumped me gonk I won't jinx it anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:07 pm
I've seen that Skully Sweater you're talking about, but right now I'm not confident enough to attempt making a sweater like that - though I might try a cardigan in the future. (Like the one in the same book) That thing looks huge and complicated - good luck to you!

On the "mate curse", I think it helps if you stick to smaller items and involve the guy in picking the pattern. (I'm of course speaking as a woman in love with a man...) My boyfriend, for instance, knew I wanted to make him a scarf for Christmas, so I had him choose the style and color. (He ended up choosing a 2x2 ribbing knit pattern and blue yarn) That way, it was something he would actually wear. He wore it all winter and absolutely loves it.  

Brunette_Star

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:17 am
i usde teh skully design on the backpack alo in teh book design also. the book is the best except for the title........yea... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:44 am
I thought of making it, but I just don't have the patience to make a sweater yet....I am still in the stage where instant gratification is my thing, and I am afraid that I will work on it for forever, and something will go wrong.  

noocleer_biskit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:14 am
I want to make it doll sized. xd not for a while though...

After my christmas kniting is done, i'd be more then willing to try the pre-knittual. I've been planning on making my GF a pair of socks. I'd really like to make her a sweater or scarf or something (since i see so many patterns she'd be cute in) but she doesn't wear much in the way of things i could knit. BUT! Everyone wears socks. 3nodding and i want to make them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:32 pm
I'm in the middle of knitting it at the moment... and have been senes the begining of summer. I wanted to finish it before it got cold, but then I took an 18 credit semester. Now it looks like it might not get done until next year some time. I have Christmas presents and a baby blanket to finish first.

Oh and, Mikono, I have a mini skull pattern worked out if you want to use it.
picture  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 pm
NightRainSpirit
gemini6184
takocos
i read thebook, its pretty interseting exspcaially the pattern for the backpacks, i tried ot do it, its very eash but i got bored in the middle and folded the back part and sewed part of hte side together to maek a fingerless glove XD but teh sweater looks nice, maybe you can add more skulls or part of the oskeletal structure other places too.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff