Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Burglars. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:50 am
    Yes. Burglars.
    Well, I myself haven't gotten any in a long time. {That's a good thing.} What I usually do to prevent them is put a wall around my front door and any other doors leading from inside to outside. But it got tiring doing that everytime my Sims went to sleep, so I stopped.

Still haven't gotten any.

Iremember when I played the regular Sims, I would do the same thing. And the burglars always managed to steal my expensive TV or computer. One time though, I didn't box over the front door, and he got in and the stupid alarm didn't go off. He stole a chair.

When my brother played one time, the burglar went over to his Sim's grill, cooked hamburgers, swam in the pool I think, and then finally the police came.

Ah, well, my burglar stories could go on for ages, so how about you share yours?

~How do you prevent burglars?
    ~Any stories?
    ~What about raccoons and skunks? {Unleashed}
    ~What have they stolen?
    ~Anything else related to the topic?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:32 pm
ur burglar swam in the pool!? rofl  

Blu321

Newly Appointed Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 pm
When I first got The Sims for X-Box ((my first sim game ever)), I used to do something similar, only, it was with fences.

((In case you didn't know, sim games for X-Box, PS2, etc. have an item meter. If the meter is full, you can't place any more items on your lot.))

So, of course, I would block the entrance because for some reason, stolen items never lowered the item meter.

Then, I realized that even though you block the entrance(s), something still gets stolen. So I stopped playing because I got so frustrated at that. mad  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 am
[Ramen N00dles]
    Yes. Burglars.
    Well, I myself haven't gotten any in a long time. {That's a good thing.} What I usually do to prevent them is put a wall around my front door and any other doors leading from inside to outside. But it got tiring doing that everytime my Sims went to sleep, so I stopped.

Iremember when I played the regular Sims, I would do the same thing. And the burglars always managed to steal my expensive TV or computer. One time though, I didn't box over the front door, and he got in and the stupid alarm didn't go off. He stole a chair.

When my brother played one time, the burglar went over to his Sim's grill, cooked hamburgers, swam in the pool I think, and then finally the police came.

Ah, well, my burglar stories could go on for ages, so how about you share yours?

~Any stories?
    ~What have they stolen?

I play the Sims 2 now, but once when playing unleashed I think it was a bear O_O well it attacked my trash can.

Briannabo

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:56 pm
Nokia Sai
[Ramen N00dles]
    Yes. Burglars.

~Any stories?
    ~What have they stolen?

I play the Sims 2 now, but once when playing unleashed I think it was a bear O_O well it attacked my trash can.

A-a-bear?
Seriously?
Holy crud.
I had never seen a bear on there.
eek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:42 pm
Oh yeah, the Bear was classic! I don't know when it turned up, but if you had Makin' Magic and had a beehive, the bear was sure to turn up to raid it. Which was actually really annoying because you needed honey and beeswax for the spells and charms, and the bear would lengthen the honey making time.

But as for burglar stories...I keep them away by burglar alarms, and I don't have any stories.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

cottonkandynb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:42 pm
rofl swimming...

Well, my alarm didn't go off once, so now I put one in every single room... so at least one of them goes off when/if a burgalar comes.

When I had unleashed I'd only get raccoons (so annoying!) ... no bears... wonder why...

EDIT: OH THAT BEAR! I thought you meant one raiding the garbage... the one raiding the bee hive was funny. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:16 pm
What? The one raiding the trashcan, I'd completely forgotten about that bear, but that is the one you were talking about! Sorry, the only one I could remember was honey stealing bear. I used to move my beehives into places she couldn't get it.

Don't forget the bunnies on Unleashed as well, that used to dig up the vegetable gardens.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:45 am
I hate burglars XD My brother didn't like them because of the music that started when a burglar shows up.

I've had the computer game for probably a year now and only had burglars about 2 times... the alarms went off and made my sims get up to call the police but I don't think you get the items back that they stole..  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:16 am
Raccoons are annoying when they continuously wake up your sim when it is four a.m., but burglars are fun to watch. They mostly steal my swivel chairs (yes I know i can put up burglar alarms, but its more fun to watch them).  

Princess Leia Organa-Solo

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:30 pm
Rally_Pchan
I hate burglars XD My brother didn't like them because of the music that started when a burglar shows up.

I've had the computer game for probably a year now and only had burglars about 2 times... the alarms went off and made my sims get up to call the police but I don't think you get the items back that they stole..

OMFG
I hated that music! That was the reason why I hated burglars so much. It really wasn't the fact that they steal stuff, it was just so creepy. eek
I think the same music played when raccoons and skunks came, too.
I'm not sure though.
I remember one time, { xd } I asked my dad to come downstairs while my Sim was sleeping and watch him until morning came because I didn't want to be playing it because I was afraid a raccoon or skunk would come and the music would play.
I don't think I was smart enough then to just think of turning off the speakers. o.o;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:46 am
♠ I had my burgular use the crapper when it broke into Dina and Mortimer's condo. That way, the police arrived there faster. ♠  

Zwiebelsaft!

Topher18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:45 am
I had my first burgler! ^.^ He didn't do much. He walked to my porch to steal my jacuzi but the cop stopped him before he did. My people were freaking out though and my toddler was upstairs crying and my people wouldn't go and get him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:59 am
~How do you prevent burglars? You don't. . .

~Any stories? Well, I haven't gotten ANY in Sims 2 unless I used the mailbox to get one, I like when burgulars come, it's so fun.

~What about raccoons and skunks? {Unleashed} Woah! You're still talkin' Sims 1 here? I have no problem with them... i would make my Sims get stinky and take pictures of it happening. :3

~What have they stolen? COMPUTER! TV!

~Anything else related to the topic? the boolPropTestingCheatsEnabled true code enables you to bring burgulars to your house by right clicking the mailbox and clicking Burgular!  

[tofu][rocket]

[tofu][rocket]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:03 am
[Ramen N00dles]
Rally_Pchan

OMFG
I hated that music! That was the reason why I hated burglars so much. It really wasn't the fact that they steal stuff, it was just so creepy. eek
I think the same music played when raccoons and skunks came, too.
I'm not sure though.
I remember one time, { xd } I asked my dad to come downstairs while my Sim was sleeping and watch him until morning came because I didn't want to be playing it because I was afraid a raccoon or skunk would come and the music would play.
I don't think I was smart enough then to just think of turning off the speakers. o.o;

rofl
In the Sims 2 I love to make haunted houses just like Mortimers in Sims 1 so now I hear the owl hooting at night and crash noises and all these weird sounds and I have it in no other house. It's especially creepy because I'm in my basement with only one light on at night. I refuse to turn the other ceiling light on! >]
My friend plays too and she got scared of it. . .  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff