Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is anyone into magic?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shomu 1025

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:56 pm
Hi! I'm new here and i'm interested in the supernatural. I would like to learn more about the supernatural world, magic included.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:41 pm
Here's a tip...Anna Riva's oil "To Protect Against Evil" is just peppermint in essential oil form.

Cthulu waits.

But seriously, the only branches I'm interested in have to do with fortunes such as Chinese Astrology, Tarot cards, palm reading, and charms. Probably the least reputable things with any link to the supernatural I guess. Just throwing it out there.

oh, btw, no, I don't think psychic hotlines are at all legitimate.  

Silenus Slade

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 pm
The supernatural has a wide range of subjects and possibilities.

I'll not share my opinions with you at this moment. I'm not in the mood for a huge range of arguments.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:15 pm
I gave up on disney magic... just kiddin

I'm into ghosts n stuff and thats about it, I tend to stay away from the magic, it has to do with my religion and stuff.
I'm interested to hear about whatever people ahev to say about it though.
im off again, take care people  

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:25 pm
i'm starting to get into magick. i've written a protection spell using elemental magic, specifically fire.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:01 pm
if you really want to learn more on the supernateral then here is a guild you should join
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=1215  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 pm
I used to be heavy into Wicca and paganism a few years ago. Then I grew out of it for a while. Now I'm exploring lots of things to do with energy and I'm slowly migrating back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:55 pm
I'm starting to getinto wicca and a couple other things.  

Kamadev

zeratul52

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:29 pm
Ah, magic. Yes, living in a small town, certain things tend to... happen... which I will not get into. Although if a friend of mine had gaia, he'd probly be in here most of the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:38 pm
Yes but of course my child.
Maybe stuf you'd call magic.
Levitation,paranormal matters,powers of the mind (psychic,telepathy etc.)
alot of stuf.
Living across the street from cemetary doesn't hurt either. twisted
Start with your head sweetie.start with your head.  

Hollis_The_Grim

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 am
another guild

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=4902

I'm into shamanism mostly, and contoversial things. I'm all for helping people, but its way to late to get into the vast and technical, and debatable topics that we could talk about.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:53 am
This is kindof a broad topic to try to cover. After all there are so many different things that can be covered under the supernatural. There is fortune telling, ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, astral projection, auras, telekinsis, mind reading, psychic impressions, and spontanious combustion just to name off a few of the more commonly discussed aspects (before getting into magic which, for a lot of people, is tied into their own personal religious beliefs in some manner or another).

*Cracks my knuckles* Where to really begin? I suppose it would be a good idea to ask if there is any particular area of interest that you would perfer to focus on to help people with responding a little bit better.

I suppose I'll start off with a little bit about magic since it was mentioned specificially. Most people you talk to who believe in magic also believe that there are various rules that govern the use of magic in the physical plane (ie on earth). Most people believe that any form of magic practice will have repercussions both possitive or negative depending upon what someone is attempting to cast.
Now, a lot of people don't really believe in magic being able to be cast. This posses a bit of a problem for people who do believe in and practice magic. In a lot of circles there is the theory that because so many people don't believe in magic, it's much harder to practice magic that causes blatently obvious effects that defy the rules of modern conventions. That is why you don't see people flying or casting fireballs all over the place. Most people who pratice and believe in magic believe in the abilty to manipulate and change more subtle effects like luck and chance. To make general changes in a more possitive nature or things more along those lines. There are also people who will try to attempt to effect things in a more negative manner such as attempting to hex someone. An intersting bit about hexes is that if someone knows that they are being hexed by another person, psychologically they will start to believe that bad things can happen to them. Someone who believes they have been hexed into dying can actually work themselves up over it enough to stress themselves out, get sick, and potientally even die due to the power of suggestion. Because of the power of the human mind to create conditions that don't always exist, it's really difficult to sometimes sort out what is magically inspired, and what is just a result of an overactive imagination.

However, there are quite a few groups that use magical practices in their every day lives regardless of whether they think of it as such or not. People carry around small charms like a rabbits foot or 4 leaf clover for luck all the time regardless of religion. Children use small rhymes to invoke the weather to "rain rain, go away, come again some other day". Which can just as easily be used as a chant to try to keep the weather at bay, even if just for a small while. Really if you think about it, subtle magic is all around us.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

kasdaye13

Dangerous Lunatic

14,975 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:51 am
I'm a studying wiccan, but i'm not a full wiccan yet so i do more reading than spell casting.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:31 pm
I am and have been looking into different forms of it for a while. It's interesting how many forms there are.  

Angel Bruja

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:00 pm
Well ignoring Magic the Gathering and magic tricks which I both play around with quite a lot real magic is something different. I am a wiccan, have been for a long time, but I am against the casting of spells on any scale. It's moreso my personal beliefs, but I don't think it should be done. It's potentially dangerous, and following the butterfly effect, karma, the threefold law, or whatever you want to, you'll find out that even casting good spells can have a negative effect on someone else. On top of that since it's magic and the energies of the world whatever the potential is for doing something bad, it's far greater than anything you could do normally. On top of that I always learned that spells are only for a last-ditch effort, for things you can't solve on your own. Frankly that means there's NO reason for me to cast spells as everything worth doing I can do without them. I'll be content to play around with the universe's energies only after I completely understand them, which probably won't be in this life.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff