Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:36 pm
Just read this on IMDb:

'Potter' Fans Angry with Quidditch Omission

Harry Potter fans are horrified after learning the boy wizard will not play the game of Quidditch in the latest movie. Upcoming installment Order of The Phoenix omits the Quidditch - where pupils at Potter's Hogwarts school try to catch a winged ball - sequence contained in author JK Rowling's book. Film producers decided to axe the sequence due to time constraints. A studio spokesman tells British newspaper The Sun, "It would be wonderful to include every single page of the book. But as with Harry Potter films, elements have had to be omitted." However, the decision has left fans angry. On a Potter website, one disillusioned follower writes, "This makes me mad. I loved that part in the book and Quidditch plays a pretty big part."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:05 am
Well, I'd like to see how much of Umbridge's bitchiness is included if there's no good reason for her to ban Harry from Quidditch, I'm hoping she still confiscates the brooms, because that's a key part of Fred & George's departure. smile  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

covo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:48 am
When I first heard about that it pissed me off! How could they not put it in...Harry is supposed to be kicked of the team and what about seeing Ginny play seeker?!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:17 pm
I read on a harrypotter page from Spain that the director said that if the quiditch part was included,the movie will be a 7 hour movie.I doubt it all when I first read it,but If they said so,is their bisness,they know how to make a movie.But that part is cool,because of what the TWINS do there and what happens with Harry too.(I won't say more,because maybe people haven't read the book yet)  

Lilianetty

Twinkeles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:49 pm
I know i heard how terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:17 am
No Quidditch?!?!?! They can't do that! They better not take out Grawp!

Remus_Lupin3

HackAutoSystem5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:25 pm
aww mann. i loved the quidditch matches!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:06 am
That plays such a big part in the book!!! how is that going to work?!?!  

Kittykatt217

Noelani Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 am
Yeah... And isn't this the book where Ron joins the team? Because when Harry is walking back from detention he sees Ron sneaking off to practice. This sucks just a little...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:48 pm
I was disappointed with the lack of Quidditch. I think if they would have cut out some of the stuff they added that wasn't in the book, they could have fit a little more of the original book content in the movie and if they could have spared and extra twenty minutes or so they could have fit in at least the gang bang on Malfoy, which leads to the twins and Harry getting banned from quidditch which was a major part of why the twins left the school. I also feel that scene could have been better as well.  

yougotownt12341245453

l3roken5oul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:31 am
As the movies go on Quidditch really becomes less, and less important if you ask me. They put alot of it in the first two movies, just to jusitify the fact that it's there, and of course some in the fourth with the Quidditch World Cup, but really, Quidditch doesn't really hold huge, important factors for the plotline and story. They've gotta cut some things out anyway. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:27 pm
I was really disappointed when I found out there wasn't going to be Quiddage in the fifth movie 'specially since before they started filming Rubert Grint said that he was looking forward to the Quiddage the most but I can understand why they took it out. They put so much into the movies already that their can't be room for EVERYTHING and it can't be that bad concidering JKR seems to approve. Though I do wonder if they will be putting Quiddage in the sixth film 'specially since its kinda the reason Harry and Ginny get together.  

Agent Mallard

xX Loony Luna Xx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:15 pm
I agree with the disappointment department on this matter. I think a lot of stuff was left out with the OOTP movie. I'm actually torn b/w loving and hating the movie due to all that was left out/changed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 am
I am a Harry Potter fan and what I like is what the movie makers seem to view as the "ancillary" stuff. I liked seeing Ron and Ginny play Quidditch. I don't tune in to see the big fight with Voldemort. I don't give a crap about Bellatrix giggling. I want character development and I want to see the cute kids live their cute lives!  

Jill_Pole

The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces