Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Other Randomness :.
suggestions on Jrock or jpop? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jrock
  yes
  no
  don't listen to it
  Gold!
View Results

akira03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:42 am
i'm curious i've only heard a few songs but does anyone here listen to jrock or jpop if so can you give me any suggestions? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:52 am
Okay lets see what I can offer you:

1. L`arc~en~Ciel -> these guys are great and have a wonderful sound, plus each of them has a solo career too and it sounds wonderful, though personally HYDE solo is my fav. I also can suggest KEN solo.

2. X -> yes I will refer to them by their Japanese Name... so yeah.. Anyway these guys are Just great, yes I know the band doesn't exist anymore but who cares they started the whole Visual Kei thing long ago. <3 and well hide (may he rest in Peace) solo is wonderful as well.

3. An Cafe -> Okay now this band is just cute, it consists of Miku on Vocals, Bou on guitar (he is male don't believe me look up an interview his voice is so deep!) Kanon on Bass and Teruki on drums. They have a cute sound that's just great and they look adorable I suggest all of their music.

4. Miyavi -> okay he is my fav. but I list him fourth because well he's solo... and he's a bit iffy, it matters what sound you like. His earlier work was hard core-ish, lots of screaming and stuff, and his voice was just.... bad, but no more, he's more pop and well just darn cool, yet cute at the same time... Plus his P.V.'s are great, his name links to all of his PVs too.

5. Yuna Ito -> Now we get into the pop, she sounds amazing and played Reira in the NANA MOvie...she sounds great.

6. Mika Nakashima -> From the NANA movie too, she played Nana O. and has great voice.

7. Hikaru Utada-> I know you've heard of her... she dose the Kingdom Hearts theme songs.... she's lovely.

I have more if you want

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Zoix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:25 pm
My favourites are:
Jrock - Psycho le cemu and High and mighty colour
Jpop - Maki Goto! heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:38 pm
My personal favorites are Koda Kumi, High and Mighty Color, and Do As Infinity.  

PrinceElly
Crew

ice_blu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:13 pm
Most of what Rainbows+Unicorns said. Especially L'Arc~en~Ciel, miyavi, and ANCAFE!

How about:
Jrock
kirito-I love his songs and his voice, though some people may not like it. He was in a band called PIERROT, but they disband a while ago. One of their songs was used in the anime Getbackers called "Barairo no Sekai". It's the second opening.

Nana Kitade-She's rock... but kinda popish. Her recent songs are cutesy, but her older stuff is good. Her ending theme song is the first one of FullMetal Alchemist called "Kesenai Tsumi"

Gackt- He has a lovely voice, it's very beautiful in my opinion. One of his songs named "Tsuki no Uta" is the ending of an anime called Texhnolyze.

Jpop
Namie Amuro-She hip hop, and her songs are very catchy. Nice to dance too. She has an ending theme song, the 7th, used in InuYasha, "Come"

MINMI-She has like a Raggae style, but her songs are really good. They'll have you dancing. Her song "Shiki no Uta" is the ending of Samurai Champloo.

OLIVIA-I only heard a couple of her songs, but they cool. She sings the ending theme song("A Little Pain") of the NANA anime.

I kinda have more, but I'll have to think. I never noticed all these artist have a song used in anime, LOL. I just realized that out now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 pm
wow i have so many too look up ^_^ thank you all. I have a favorite for right now and its gackt.  

akira03

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:10 pm
NOT GACKT!!!!! NO NOT GACKT! HE IS DEATH! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AND HE"S EVIL AND UGLY AND HIS MUSIC IS BAD! though I like the song Miserable it is my guilty pleasure....

OLIVIA is so not J-pop ice_blu. She's wildly Rock... yeah I <3 her....

-p.s. I am a Gackt Hater.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:59 pm
I don't know if this is right but there's this one called Lovexxx.
There might be like one more or one less x, I forgot! sweatdrop  

ThePersonWhoYouMightKnow

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 pm
Mmm...

JRock-ish
-Hyde heart
-Nightmare
-Ellegarden heart
-Beat Crusaders
-Plastic Tree
-Miyavi

JPop-ish
-Utada Hikaru heart
-Move heart
-Namie Amuro
-Ai Otsuka
-Orange Range

There's lots more but I don't know why I can't remember Dx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:58 am
Rainbows+Unicorns
NOT GACKT!!!!! NO NOT GACKT! HE IS DEATH! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AND HE"S EVIL AND UGLY AND HIS MUSIC IS BAD!

-p.s. I am a Gackt Hater.

NOOOOO!!! A Gackt hater? How can that be? He sings like an angel and looks like one too. No not really. I just love his voice and he is too hot.

I have 5, that's fight 5 of his albums. I want to DL is new single Redemption but I have no clue where to look.

Oh yah. As for the original question I suggest going to kawaii-radio.net. It's a streaming radio station created by fans for fans. That's where I got all the exposure I have to JPop/Rock, anime theme songs, game soundtracks and pretty much anything that can be listened to that's Japanese. INCLUDING GACKT!  

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Aoi Memori

Friendly Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:21 pm
i recommend beat crusaders, UVERworld, ayumi hamasaki, BoA*, The Pillows i know more but don't remember their names at the moment ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:11 pm
*~Rainbows+Unicorns- Yeah, I just reread my whole post, and yup OLIVIA's rock.

Aww~ Don't hate Gackt too much. But we all have our own opinions.

I agree with:
the Pillows (FLCL ED)
Nightmare (OP and ED of DEATH NOTE anime)
Plastic Tree

New ones:
SID ( no anime songs that I know of)
BUCK-TICK ( Trinity Blood OP)
Shikao Suga!! (DEATH NOTE movie song)
Anna Tsuchiya(if not said, NANA OP)
Do As Infinity( Inuyasha ED...6? or 5)
the Gazette(Gazette)....no anime or anything, that I know of.
hitomi( Inuyasha OP 2)
KANA( no anime, but you may not like her voice, she's in my sig right now)

ice_blu

Skizzors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:31 am
If you listen to nothing else, listen to X-Japan. (Same as X up there. But they had to change their name to X-Japan because there was already an English/something band called X.)

Other than that.. I'm not really going to bother separating between jrock and jpop, because I'm not sure on some of them anyway. sweatdrop
The Seeker (worked on Gravitation.. Sleepless Beauty, I think)
Kagrra
hide (solo, ex-guitarist from X-Japan, died in 199 cool
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Vidoll
Psycho le Cemu
T.M.Revolution  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:15 pm
wow, a lot of suggestions. I can't think of anything to add at the moment, but I know that you're bound to find something you're interested in!

meimei-chan

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:57 am
Ayabei is great! So cute

then in Nihonhop [ <3 ]
there is

m-flo I have like all of their songs
chemistry
Crystal Kay (yes she's blak but she sings in Japanese)

.: Other Randomness :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff