Reply ~ Main Forum ~
are u goth because of post traumatic desorder? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkrock64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 pm
well i am and if anyone else is and isnt going crazy because of it then tell me how do u do it u know not go crazy with the memories of the abuse?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:45 pm
darkrock64
well i am and if anyone else is and isnt going crazy because of it then tell me how do u do it u know not go crazy with the memories of the abuse?

It all depends on how much relevance you chose to put on the event(s). I think nothing, if anything, of mine; thus, I rarely think about it. If I were thinking about it all the time, as you imply, then, I would't be able to do it.

Live and let live. You can't change it, best to shrug it off.

ieatyourtclol

darkrock64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:47 pm
Deific Requiem
darkrock64

It all depends on how much relevance you chose to put on the event(s). I think nothing, if anything, of mine; thus, I rarely think about it. If I were thinking about it all the time, as you imply, then, I would't be able to do it.

do u even know how much i suffered?
i rip the scars off my head and neck just to bleed and feel better
tats how bad it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:48 pm
First of all... I'm sorry to say this, but this particular post makes my head hurt a little bit just reading it.
u= you
I would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to type out the word you since it isn't very difficult to do so.

Second of all, post tramatic disorder does not mean someone is automatically going to "become goth", though it might push people closer to the darker things in life, and they may very well find solace in the themes that are generally assocated with being goth.

Third, even I might be guilty of the occasional run on sentance, but puncutation is your friend. Trust me on this.

Now, to go for what I believe to be the theme of this topic:
A lot of people in this guild have sufferred various forms of abuse at the hands of others. Some at the hands of peers, and others at the hands of family. There are a few different coping mechanisims each person has found in order to deal with the pains they have suffered. Perhaps they might even be kind enough to share some of these things with us in order to help others find new means of coping.

The human mind is a strange thing. Some people completly block from their memory times that they have been abused. Others blame themselves needlessly for things that were beyond their control. Still others might lash out all of their anger, pain, and aggression at completly random targets. Each person has a different way of dealing with trauma, and what might work for one person may not be suitable for another. As mentioned in a few other threads, some people turn to cutting for various reasons. It's not really a solution In can endorse, but I'm not going to condemn people for it either.

I'm not really sure how many people in the guild actually suffer from post tramatic stress disorder, nor do I know what might have been a trigger for something of that nature to manifest itself. If you're lucky other people will choose to share a bit about themselves.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:51 pm
darkrock64
Deific Requiem
darkrock64

tats how bad it is.

I was sexually abused for 7 years by the very parents that gave me life. I was also abused by friends of theirs. I was given up for adoption by them. I was cut, burnt, and stabed in school.

I have pain.

I have memories.

I chose to see it diferently. If you think i can't comrehend your pain, you are right. I can't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 pm
thank you and ill try to improve my writing sorry about that. sweatdrop  

darkrock64

Icy-Determination_020

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:07 am
darkrock64
Deific Requiem
darkrock64

tats how bad it is.

... as the girl said she has been through pleanty of pain... so have many of us here but we learn to deal with it... to move on and not be its slave... you need to grow up and stop living in your past, live life for today.

P.S.
for god sakes please stop acting like a damn drama queen...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:36 pm
I was diagnosed with PTSD about a year ago now; it's not my reason for becoming goth though.

I know how it is; I know what it's like to collapse, I know what it's like to have the flashbacks, the cutting, all of it. Only you can stop this, and you will have to, before it claims you. Seek consuelling if talking helps, try work through things. PM me if you need a chat, I'm always around.

Like another I was Sexually abused by my father. I've been stabbed and beaten up, I've seen the guy I loved die, I've contemplated suicide, I've self injured; but I'm here, and I'm alive. Most people don't realise I'm "damaged" when they meet me now. You can survive, you just have to want to.  

Perestroyka

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 pm
It largely depends on what you think goth is.

I personally believe that a goth is an avid fan of goth-rock, and I don't think events in a person's life can affect musical preferences.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:27 pm
It wasn't a single event; it was accumulation.
At first I was pessimistic; now I am what I am now: a bit more of a realist than I was before, but still generally leaning towards a darker view.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

darkrock64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:49 pm
if you guys want i can tell my story im think your lives are worse then mine and you all seemed to get on with your lives i still dont know why i cant get on with mine but if you want to here my story pm me unless you want me to post it here.
and i promiss you it may make me cry for once.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:18 pm
What you all think of Goth is possibly that new crap we all call it; Goth originated in the dark ages.

See, I'm not a Goth. I'm an Emo. There's a difference,
If small or big, There's still a difference.

[EDITED]

The Dream Reaper

darkrock64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:19 pm
The Dream Reaper
What you all think of Goth is possibly that new crap we all call it; Goth originated in the dark ages.

See, I'm not a Goth. I'm an Emo. There's a difference,
If small or big, There's still a difference.

[EDITED]

ah yes theodoric of the gothic empire i heard of him.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:55 am
I've turned to a darker lifestyle due to a recent loss. It's my way of turning death into something "cool" and not overwhelmingly destructive.s  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Alandiel_Darksbane

Friendly Genius

5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:03 pm
darkrock64
Deific Requiem
darkrock64

tats how bad it is.

What you're describing is called massocism, in your case trauma induced. With most things in my life I can say live and let live, or whatever similar philosophy that you may call it, however in extreme cases I often resort to the cutting and mutilation of my body for relief. I would like to emphasize that this is not for attention from others as I do it in inconspicous areas so as not to be seen. I probably understand your situation better than most, If you want to talk to someone that won't judge you about stuff or ridicule you, send a message my way. I'd be glad to listen.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff