Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Theme Song. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor moon =
  Love.
  Joy.
  Goody goodness.
View Results

x3_Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:42 am
So, the dubbers changed the Sailor Moon theme song. To make it more English. I believe I've heard people complain about this. But I think it's sort of a good thing. I mean, I LOVE the Japanese version... But this show is for little kids. They probably would have gotten bored if they had seen something they don't understand at all. It was so fun when I was seven to sing along with it. I don't know; I think this is one of the smart decisions that the dubbers made (although they didn't make too many...)

I've been wondering. I don't think they had Adult Swim when Sailor Moon aired, but since the last season was too "inappropriate," do you think it would have worked to put the last season there? Nudity, lesbians, he-shes, violence, and everything? Or would little kids be drawn to it since they know about the first few seasons? Putting the first few seasons on Adult Swim would be sort of unnecessary, because it's not that inappropriate.

Blah. I don't see what the big deal about the nudity was, though. I saw the final episode just the other day. She looked like a Barbie. Something very common with little kids over here. rolleyes

I do wish they would have aired the last season, though.

Okay, I got way off topic. Sorry, guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:16 am
Eh, I thought the American English theme song alright. It was fun to sing along to when I was younger ^-^

If StarS would have worked anywhere, then it would have worked on Adult Swim.  

Yami_Puppi

Gainsborough-Aerith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:31 am
I still listen to the North American cds just as much as the Japanese ones. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:35 am
I saw a fanfiction on FF.net that brought about a very good point (It's DiC does Stars, by the way). The American theme song stopped making sense after the first season. After the second season there were more senshi that were never mentioned, the enemies were never shown in the opening, ONLY the DK... sorry, Negaverse, and they always call her Sailor Moon, but she becomes SuperSailorMoon.

They should have at least updated the theme song for S and SuperS... sweatdrop  

Syndrama

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:37 am
I always did think it strange that they never updated the opening.

I will always cherish that song though. 3nodding A friend of mine and I were singing that song on campus as we were walking just the other day.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:19 pm
it was OK. just repetetive.  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:16 pm
Come on, most of ran around singing that song when Sailormoon first aired over here because a lot of us were pretty young. It was catchy and easy for kids to sing along with.

And they did update the openings for S and SuperS... just not the song. They shopwed mroe clips from the movies than the actual series, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:41 pm
~KB3's 2 cents~

the dub song: yeah, every time i heard the american song when i was younger i would get goosebumps when it would start, now it's okay in my mind, i didn't really complain like other fans did. They atleast left the original tune in, some dubbed kid animes have it ALOT worse (like One Piece and CCS for example)

StarS and adult swim: yes, we all know AS is the place to put it. BUT is a horrible choice marketing wise. Sailor Moon is known in America for being a kids show and therefore would continue being a kids show. For Example...lets say a common kids show like...oh, i dunno, Fairly Oddparents, suddenly decided it wanted more cursing, foul humor, and homosexuality and would never go back to being a happy kids show like before and it's moved to Nick @ Nite or something . From there, parents ban it, or worse, parents dont pay attention and kids watch anyway, then when parents realise it, blame the network, Fairly Oddparents is canceled, and it never sees the light of day again therefore, no more merchandise and therefore, no more money, which is the bottom line of everything to big networks. Besides, the AS watchers wont understand the plot of StarS, then they'd have to replay the ENTIRE series, which, seasons 1-4, dont even belong on AS in the first place.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lay-San

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 pm
omg the american theme song is sooo frekin coool! but they did add some new scenes...but the songs didn't really match... and the jap opening's also kool. has deeper meaning  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:32 am
x3_Bunny
But this show is for little kids.
I just had to mention....this was a creation of the dubbers. Sailor Moon was never a show meant for little kids. Maybe junior high/upper elementary at the most, but never the little kids they always aimed it at. That was just a joke. lol  

Kaidan

Ruthless Informer

Syndrama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 pm
Kaidan
x3_Bunny
I just had to mention....this was a creation of the dubbers. Sailor Moon was never a show meant for little kids. Maybe junior high/upper elementary at the most, but never the little kids they always aimed it at. That was just a joke. lol

Exactly. You can tell what a show is intended for by looking at the age of the main character: Sailor Moon is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD! sweatdrop She's not meant for 7 year olds, the dubbers just thought cartoon = kiddy show. They should have realized when they saw how much they needed to cut that BSSM is PG, not Y-7.

DiC made the same mistake as Buena Vista, they marketed Gargoyles as Y-7... funny thing, parents complain when their seven year old witnesses a woman be shot and nearly die guess it shouldn't have beenmarketed for 7 eyar olds, huh? So Toondisney cuts that episode when it re-airs the series, and the entire first season makes NO friggin sense afterwards. Because the Y-7 mark stayed instead of just changing it.

The moral of the story: Buena Vista is owned by the same parent company as DiC. They don't learn their lessons about animation quickly.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:41 pm
The englsih song was ok. But after getting use to the japanese verison of Sailor Moon, i thought that the Englsih song should of gone along with the series. Did you ever notice that they do the same opening in every season up to the SuperS, but in the movies, its brand new? Its hard to explain it but i think DIC loved making the opening for movies then for the show sweatdrop  

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:14 pm
~Alechsa~
Kaidan
x3_Bunny

Exactly. You can tell what a show is intended for by looking at the age of the main character: Sailor Moon is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD! sweatdrop She's not meant for 7 year olds, the dubbers just thought cartoon = kiddy show. They should have realized when they saw how much they needed to cut that BSSM is PG, not Y-7.

DiC made the same mistake as Buena Vista, they marketed Gargoyles as Y-7... funny thing, parents complain when their seven year old witnesses a woman be shot and nearly die guess it shouldn't have beenmarketed for 7 eyar olds, huh? So Toondisney cuts that episode when it re-airs the series, and the entire first season makes NO friggin sense afterwards. Because the Y-7 mark stayed instead of just changing it.

The moral of the story: Buena Vista is owned by the same parent company as DiC. They don't learn their lessons about animation quickly.

actually....the sailor moon anime IS in fact intended for kids. Japanese culture is more flexible on things than Americans are, that's why there are lesbians and barbie doll nudity in it. If u watch sailor moon commercials, there are always little girls about 6 or older pushing sailor moon merchandise. (one i saw was pretty wierd...it showed this little girl going to the beach with her Luna-P ball....twas wierd...) plus the anime was done by Toei Animation...the go to animation company when kiddie anime is involved (Digimon, Bobobo, Zatch Bell)

the manga is a different story, but for the anime...yeah...it's for kids...sorry...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm
It was okay I guess... I much prefer the Japanese theme  

Eternal_Eos

Kaidan

Ruthless Informer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:18 pm
kawaiibunny3
~Alechsa~
Kaidan
x3_Bunny

actually....the sailor moon anime IS in fact intended for kids. Japanese culture is more flexible on things than Americans are, that's why there are lesbians and barbie doll nudity in it. If u watch sailor moon commercials, there are always little girls about 6 or older pushing sailor moon merchandise. (one i saw was pretty wierd...it showed this little girl going to the beach with her Luna-P ball....twas wierd...) plus the anime was done by Toei Animation...the go to animation company when kiddie anime is involved (Digimon, Bobobo, Zatch Bell)

the manga is a different story, but for the anime...yeah...it's for kids...sorry...
I dunno....basing it on commercials featuring 6 year olds...sorry, but that's just not enough for me. I've seen some pretty odd commercials, for less than kiddie products (not dirty, you pervs), come from Japan.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff