Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Movies And Goths Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:25 pm
Are there some movies that just SCREAM goth? because ALL my friends that ejoyed watching The Nightmare Before Christmas are Goth and I'm just wondering are certain movies for the gothic audience?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:59 pm
"Nightmare Before Christmas" is actually more for the art-scene than for the goth-scene, but I suppose there is some crossover.

Movies popular amongst goths (that I know of):
Ghost World
Nosferatu
Mirrormask
The Hunger  

GilAskan
Crew

[~Snow~]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm
Donnie Darko is a big one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:33 pm
the matrix, though mostly cybergoths.  

DR490N

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:01 pm
DR490N
the matrix, though mostly cybergoths.

Very true. It's soundtrack also appeals to rivetheads.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:33 pm
How has no one mentioned The Crow xp (the first one only the rest should never have been made!!!)  

Lady Detarra

Athiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:34 am
The Crow, yes.
Also, I'd say most vampire movies could be put under this category.
Although it is a sad fact that 90% of these Suck something large and disturbing.
I like "interview with the vampire", though, and on some days "Underworld".
(The first one, as the sequel has to die.)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:01 am
Athiel
The Crow, yes.
Although it is a sad fact that 90% of these Suck something large and disturbing.

I get the feeling Interview With a Vampire is a move you have to be goth to enjoy.  

UraniumMonk

littlewonder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:57 am
I concur. Not a huge fan of Queen of the Damned, though. They got it all wrong! At least as far as Lestat goes. Can't pick out anything besides that. Didn't read the book. But I read The Vampire Lestat.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:43 am
GilAskan

confused What's a rivethead?

The only Anne Rice book I've read in entirety is The Vampire Lestat, and my parents won't let me see any of those movies except TNBC, although I did see the first Matrix movie when they weren't around. whee ONE MORE YEAR!

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 am
But its crazy I was in class today and I was talking about TNBC and some "ghetto" kid asked his friend "what movie day talkin bout" (horrible grammar and all) and his friend being the isiot he is said "oh its that gothic movie about nightmares and demons" THATS NOT TNBC DUMMY!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:01 pm
TNBC isn't goth. It's a kid's movie, for crissakes. But I still love it ^.^
Corpse Bride would actually be considered more goth than TNBC...

So...Donnie Darko, the Hunger, Underworld, Mirrormask(more of an art-film than goth, though), Edward Scissorhands, The Crow, any Anne Rice film(and no, you DON'T have to be Goth to enjoy it. You just gotta like vampires), The Matrix, Lady Death(pretty well done for an animated film), Night Watch(I LOVED this movie.)

And then, they're not really "goth", but a lot of goths I know enjoy them: Tank Girl, From Dusk til Dawn, Highway to Hell, Domino, Constantine, Rocky Horror(hehehe), the NoES series, Halloween series, Saw, Hard Candy, stuff like that.

Basically, a lot of dark and controversial films with a taint of horror.  

2aetH

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:34 pm
The style in Tim Burton films seems to be very gothic... for an example of a not-so-popular Tim Burton movie, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow had a scene of a torture chamber and the dead forest seemed very much in tune with that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:13 pm
Athiel
The Crow, yes.

I will agree with that statement.
I haven't wanted to watch Interview With a Vampire at all, for I loved the book to much and I do not want the movie to ruin it for me, by any means at all.

I haven't watched Queen of the Dammed either, for I never felt the need too....
And the second Underworld, Underworld Evolution I think it is, should indeed be demolished. Horrible acting, over powered the vampires, made werewolves look like a bunch of kittens, and upset me at the fact I paid 8$ to see it. >.>

Oh, and Legend of Sleepy Hollow happens to be a movie I had memorized, one of my favorites by Burton, along with Batman.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
GilAskan

confused What's a rivethead?

An avid fan of industrial music (or related genres, such as EBM, industrial-dance, and industrial-metal) and supporter of the industrial scene.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff