Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Sick of This Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel?
  I agree
  I disagree
View Results

Dead Twisted Romance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:39 pm
Thanks its been...fun? No, not exactly. I used to like this guild until I really got into it and relized how ******** "high and mighty" some of you guys act. I like to be able to understand what others are saying but 'the ******** I care if its not perfect'! What do you think? Is this guild too harsh or is it fine? heart
No Love,
Dead Twisted Romance  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm
I think it's fine.

If you don't like it, leave.  

Whoremone

Litia_Echo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:29 pm
It can be very harsh, then I also am not on it all that much anymore myself.
But I still enjoy it for the most part I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:48 pm
We are not harsh on those who make innocent mistakes. Hell, I make innocent mistakes all the time. But for those who purposefully(?) speak in "txt tlk","l337" or "chatspeak" is plainly unacceptable. Mainly because it is illegible.

If this still does not convince you, you are free to leave. No one is going to kick you out, or force you to stay. The decision is yours.

I am not only in this guild to expand literacy within Gaia and hopefully my community, but also to brush up my own English as well. For that I am thankful to this guild.  

Zealot of Insanity

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:00 pm
How exactly are we being too harsh or high and mighty? Did someone single you out and harass you for a typo? I do correct typos I see, but I don't try to embarass the person who made them. That's the opposite of this guild's goals.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:47 am
I don't know, I don't go on this guild often sweatdrop  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:26 pm
I guess we can get a bit harsh on here, but I think we're all just Nazis for grammar.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:02 pm
Rose the Homicidal Maniac
I guess we can get a bit harsh on here, but I think we're all just Nazis for grammar.
This is NOT what we want to do!

We rather explicitly say that this guild is not supposed to be for Grammar Nazis.

Dead Twisted Romance, if you've been harassed, please let us know so that we can do something about it. sad  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 pm
We're not high and mighty. We just want a safe refuge where we can rant about illiteracy and learn from each other.

If this isn't what you expected, well. You have every right to leave or to stay. Whichever you choose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:46 pm
The arrogance of many literates have been a concern of mine.
Then again, it does feel good to show the idiots who destroy the our way of speaking and writing that we are more elite than they are.
It's all a matter of showing who is more intellectualy gifted with the way of words and correct use of them.

Ind1v1dual

Invisible Gaian

Dead Twisted Romance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:47 pm
metalmalzan
We are not harsh on those who make innocent mistakes. Hell, I make innocent mistakes all the time. But for those who purposefully(?) speak in "txt tlk","l337" or "chatspeak" is plainly unacceptable. Mainly because it is illegible.

If this still does not convince you, you are free to leave. No one is going to kick you out, or force you to stay. The decision is yours.

I am not only in this guild to expand literacy within Gaia and hopefully my community, but also to brush up my own English as well. For that I am thankful to this guild.

Very true indeed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:17 am
So are you back? You never said exactly what we said/did to offend you.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

SiCKittie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:24 am
I personally don't try to be harsh, but i wasn't on here when you posted that either i guess. Anyways, i don't think this guild looks that bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am
Thank you. We aim to please.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Missy Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:50 am
/Warning: about to be obnoxious!/

Honestly, if you don't like the guild then just leave. Why the hell would you start a hate thread inside the guild itself, and then on top of that ask for opinions against the guild? That is, very plainly, stupid of you. It's never about perfection here. It's about literacy and the attempt to overcome laziness in typing, in which you have failed yourself. I suppose some people here would sound high and mighty to you. I'm sure that you've had people comment on your own careless grammar and spelling. You didn't even have the decency to start off the thread with a message that made sense. Or at the very least one that wasn't as inflammatory.

I would also like to tell you (just to cut off anything you might say later) not to make attacks on people unless you're willing to take it yourself.

Now, if anything, you may consider me high and mighty, but I have yet to see anyone else in this guild act like such a complete douche as you have when you started this thread.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff