Dankness, darkness, dungeons! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:34 pm
I study medieval buildings, and dungeons are a little hobby of mine. I think this should win the prize for spookiest one ever:

"The Bottleneck"
(St. Andrews Castle, Scotland.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This unusual dungeon ranked for its terrors with anything to be found in Europe,
as there could be no escape except through the neck of the "bottle," requiring the
use of a rope or ladder lowered from above. And because the dungeon was carved
out of the cliff beneath sea level, the roar of the waves could be heard inside.

So...
Anyone else like old castles?
Ever visited any good ones?
What's the spookiest place you've ever seen?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:39 pm
I like old hospitals...creeeeepy.  

Silenus Slade

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:07 pm
I got to check out a couple old castles in France a while back.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:03 pm
I haven't been out of America before, so the spookiest place I've ever been was probably when I went to Alcatraz Prison in San Franscisco,(sp?) California. The creepiest cell is called The Hole, a pitch black cell with nothing in it. People who threatened to hurt other prisoners and stuff had to go to that part of the prison, and only got out for one hour of the day. One guy said that, just to stay sane, he kept purposely dropping his shirt button, so he could spend time trying to find it. When he found it, he'd drop it again, so he wouldn't get bored.  

Spooky Ames

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:59 pm
The closest I've ever been to a castle (to date) is a rook tower like structure.
I think I would not be able to cope with being placed in such a dungeon. *shudders*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 pm
Spookiest thing I ever saw, was an old, rotting, late Victorian-style house waaay up north (like Muskoka North) here in Ontario. It was filled with old rotting papers, a desk, jars, and just useless junk everywhere. Everything was in a state of decay; the wallpaper, which was flecked with black mould spots, was peeling off, and the windows were broken. If ever I saw a haunted house...that was it.

I took one of the Jars, but I think I ended up not taking it home.  

trampyre

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:09 pm
Sorceress Ameneka
I haven't been out of America before, so the spookiest place I've ever been was probably when I went to Alcatraz Prison in San Franscisco,(sp?) California. The creepiest cell is called The Hole, a pitch black cell with nothing in it. People who threatened to hurt other prisoners and stuff had to go to that part of the prison, and only got out for one hour of the day. One guy said that, just to stay sane, he kept purposely dropping his shirt button, so he could spend time trying to find it. When he found it, he'd drop it again, so he wouldn't get bored.

Actually, that wasn't the hole.
I can't remember what the cell is called. But it was a series of cells in I believe the "D" block that were pitch black. That is where the prisoner with the button was held.
The hole does exist though, and I believe people were put in there if they actually DID harm other inmates.
Just in case you were wondering, I live in California and have been to Acatraz at least 4 times.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:28 pm
Sounds like fun to be placed down there for a lil bit twisted
I take bad people there and watch them freak out it would be so much fun mrgreen

sorry dude never been to a castle xp  

Icy-Determination_020

Athiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:37 am
Silenus Slade
I like old hospitals...creeeeepy.

My school building is an old hospital.><  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:17 am
I heard that story about the bloke who spent hours searching for the button. I can't imagine the sheer boredom of having nothing to do but that!

Nope. Wouldn't like Alcatraz. I don't think there's anyone in the whole world who would. I'd like to go down in the Bottleneck, though. Just for a few minutes. Lower me down, turn the lights out, and just let me get a quick feel for what it's like in there. Then give me a nice, sunny view over the sea and get me some fish and chips!  

Veruniel
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:18 am
UraniumMonk
I got to check out a couple old castles in France a while back.

Ooh, cool. Which ones?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:53 am
Veruniel

Reminds me of Interview with A Vampire, when they killed Claudia and the woman Loius (sp?) made for her.  

littlewonder

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:24 am
littlewonder
Reminds me of Interview with A Vampire, when they killed Claudia and the woman Loius (sp?) made for her.

Ooh, right. I think her name was Madeleine. I hadn't thought of that but yes, it *does* look sort of like the place they got locked in.

Whole new levels of creepy, here. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am
littlewonder
Veruniel

*nod*  

KeliJo

2aetH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:47 am
All I have to say is: Abandoned Factories. Me and my friends went to an abandoned factory site a couple miles down during nighttime....that was CREEPY as ******** was this house in a neighborhood down the street from me that had been on fire a couple months ago. That place was huge, and when we went inside at night, it was almost like looking as something out of Silent Hill of something. There were ashes still dropping from it. We eventually left because one of the rafters kept on creaking and we thought it was going to fall on us.

And then, the ditches and bayous around my city at night....damn, with all the trees growing over them and the shadows cast by the moonlight, it looked like someone was following us half the time..  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff