Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you the same as me?
  yes
  no
View Results

darkrock64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:42 pm
i cant stand light anymore it hurts my head and eyes i always have to wear shades and i cant take it anymore does anyone have any advise on wat to do?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:15 pm
I was like that once, when I had a major headache and I had to lay in my dark room. Fraid I can't help you, though.  

littlewonder

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:16 pm
Ease into it.

Go outside, close your eyes, and look at the sun. Your pupils will shrink more gradually this way. After doing this for a few seconds, look away from the sun (down at the ground is best) and open your eyes. You should be able to adjust to the sun fairly well this way.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:18 pm
Hmm. Could it be migraines? I used to get them, and bright light (or stark contrasts between light and dark) was usually the trigger.

Look for migraine medication, maybe. If over-the-counter ones don't work, there's some pretty powerful perscription stuff that helps most people.  

Veruniel
Crew

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:35 pm
My mom took me to an eye doctor for this problem, but it isn't as bad as yours. I found that I have large pupils that contract more slowly than most. My mom thinks it's mainly from reading on nighttime car rides with the headlights of the car behind us and other dim situations. Every morning, I have my mom come in my room and turn on the lights, with my head under the covers. Then I take the blanket off, keeping my eyes closed. When I finally open my eyes, it's not as bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:57 pm
Try spending more time outdoors (taking your shades off from time to time), and drinking more water.  

UraniumMonk

darkrock64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:13 am
ok heres one thing i left out i have sun light alergies that effect my eyes now what can i do about that?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:43 pm
stay in...? XD
i only have problems with the sun if my eyes have an infection, then if i see a little light, my eyes close themself, and i can't open them sad but my parents don't care... crying  

Dark_Judje

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:05 pm
darkrock64
ok heres one thing i left out i have sun light alergies that effect my eyes now what can i do about that?

pretend to be a vampire?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:32 pm
i just sneeze in sunlight, its hereditary in my family for some reason, plus none of us like bright lights  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:40 pm
Well, I hate the sun as is...so I don't know what to tell you.

Once you are outside of school, you should be fine, especially if you live on your own.
Unless you already do so...

If you were glasses, look into transition lenses.
Or go out and find some welding goggles ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:18 pm
darkrock64
i cant stand light anymore it hurts my head and eyes i always have to wear shades and i cant take it anymore does anyone have any advise on wat to do?

....don't look at it... xd xp  

Fux this account

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:41 pm
Shanna66
i just sneeze in sunlight, its hereditary in my family for some reason, plus none of us like bright lights
My family and most people I know do that, too. Actually, most of the time it's caused from the difference in temperature and light change (from artificial to natural).

To Darkrock64: People that actually are "allergic" or intolerant of the sunlight may have as little problems as just blurred and/or painful eyesight to as much of an extreme as skin sensitivity where they can't go out in the light (or not as often and in special clothes, which are very expensive).
I suggest you keep wearing the glasses. It may just be an eye sensitivity problem, but the headaches and eye sensitivity may both be signs of a much larger problem. Go see a doctor, because, for that, there is no real home remedy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:53 pm
Transition lenses sometimes help more than shades or so people tell me. Are you sure what you have is some form of allergy as opposed to light-induced migraines? The latter is much more common.  

Silenus Slade

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:03 pm
darkrock64

sunglasses.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces