Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We call it the song.
  KAKAKAKAKAKAKASH!
View Results

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:48 pm
Not too many people have read the Dragonlance saga: anyone here? I've met maybe 3 people - ever - who have read Dragonlance.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 am
Played a couple of the adventures in D&D when I was a kid, but no, the novels didn't really grab me. I wasn't too fond of the Kinder (and then they became the new halflings in the new D&D game. Jeez!)  

Harbone

Ayla Skye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:06 pm
I've read a few. I liked them but haven't gotten around to reading all of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 pm
I think I've read three. I don't know which ones, though, because they were all condensed into one book. I liked them well enough, but I was a little lost, because they kept referencing past books, and I was like, "...And that's supposed to mean something to me?" Maybe if I'd started with the first one, I'd have continued, but then I discovered just how long it was. If I start a series when it's only a few books in, I can continue it to the end. But if I start when there're, like, fifteen, at least? Nuh-uh. Especially after I started in the middle of it, even if it was by accident.  

NightIntent
Captain

Meithanos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:04 pm
Galadedrid, you know of an entire GUILD who has read the Dragonlance books... or some given number of 'em.

NightIntent, there was a "what order should I read 'em" thread some time back that asked the order to read the DL books. But I'll post it again for good measure.

Chronicles
Dragons of the Autumn Twilight
Dragons of the Winter Night
Dragons of the Spring Dawning

Legends
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

The Second Generation

Dragons of the Summer Flame

War of the Souls
Dragons of the Fallen Sun
Dragons of the Lost Star
Dragons of the Vanished Moon

All of the above are by Margrette Weiss and Tracy Hickman.

Then you have the "basics" down so you can read the others in whatever order you feel like.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Oh, I know the order now. Sorta But I didn't then. And that was what mattered to me, and still does. Besides that, I have enough books to keep me occupied for months right now (especially with my current schedule), without another, really long, series to add to it.  

NightIntent
Captain

Meithanos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:07 am
I completely understand.

My book list is HUGE as well.

I've been having issues getting into the Dragonlance War of the Souls trillogy though. It starts off MUCH slower than the other books.

So I'm holding off on it... again... and am going to try and find The Soulforge.

Once again I'm left believing certain books do NOT exhist in my area...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:21 am
Elantis
Galadedrid, you know of an entire GUILD who has read the Dragonlance books... or some given number of 'em.

NightIntent, there was a "what order should I read 'em" thread some time back that asked the order to read the DL books. But I'll post it again for good measure.

Chronicles

Legends
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

The Second Generation

Dragons of the Summer Flame

War of the Souls
Dragons of the Fallen Sun
Dragons of the Lost Star
Dragons of the Vanished Moon

All of the above are by Margrette Weiss and Tracy Hickman.

Then you have the "basics" down so you can read the others in whatever order you feel like.

I've read all of those and then about twenty others.  

chibminshiy

JRay18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:14 pm
Galadedrid Damodred
Not too many people have read the Dragonlance saga: anyone here? I've met maybe 3 people - ever - who have read Dragonlance.
I've read the first two in SOME series in Dragonlance, I don't know which though, since there are SO many.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:08 am
I've read the Chronicles. They were some of the books that helped me get through a miserable year a long time back.  

Bookwyrme

Arkyana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 pm
I never read the saga and to be honest, it's kind of discouraging because there's so many books. When I have time, I'll try and read at least one.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 pm
Dragonlance was the first fantasy books I ever read!! I love Flint, I don't know why, I have a thing for Dwarves...

I haven't been here for awhile, it's nice to see it up and running!  

Flux_o_color

JRay18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:01 pm
Arkyana
I never read the saga and to be honest, it's kind of discouraging because there's so many books. When I have time, I'll try and read at least one.
I agree on the too many part, since there are so many, it's extremely hard to keep track of which books you've read and which you haven't, I wish thye at least made it easier to specify somehow.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:18 am
I've read them! I have read:
Chronicles

Legends
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

That was the only books I could find in Norwegian... My dad had the three first. I think I spent a whole summer vacation reading them over and over again. I have just read the three last once. They wasn't that good as the three first...  

Sol_Angelica

Winters_Faerie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:12 pm
I've read Dragons of the Autumn Twilight. I want to read more of them. ::Sighs:: Too much to read. I've got a list five miles long and way too many that I'm in the middle of reading.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff