what are you
  white
  asian(spl)
  black
  mix/other
View Results

Neko In The Hun Era(Goth)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm
Hey, ok im a seriously mixed race person, lets just say i have german japanese white black and more in me. But i have a light/slightly pale brown skin color and when I walk in the streets some ppl look at me like "wtf shes a black goth" or "such a poser" it makes me mad...but i wonder is it alright for me to be something i have been for 6 years?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:48 pm
yeah your skin color doesnt matter if your goth or not, if that is the way you feel, continue being that way.  

Darken_mortal

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:56 pm
Skin color only matters when you're filling out college applications.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:09 pm
eek Yeah... some of the coolest gothy people are black. Look at Aliyah (Queen of the Damned), or Blade. You're different; it's something to be proud of.  

trampyre

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:39 pm
I don't see why that should matter at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:40 am
Hey, ok im a seriously mixed race person, lets just say i have german japanese white black and more in me. But i have a light/slightly pale brown skin color and when I walk in the streets some ppl look at me like "wtf shes a black goth" or "such a poser" it makes me mad...but i wonder is it alright for me to be something i have been for 6 years?

One word: Blade.  

UraniumMonk

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:59 am
Who is this Blade everyone keeps mentioning?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:21 am
i think black goths are realy pretty and i think they look realy kool. just ingnore them, why should white people get to be goths and not black people?  

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

Steampunked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:20 am
There's no connection with race. If you've got a warm skin tone, you can do the incrediably exotic looks, using golden eyeshadow and so on. To look like an exotic Indian (as in, Hindi) character, or perhaps an Egyptian spirit.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:03 am
black goths are the sexyest things ever! the only kind of goth i like to date! only cause my boyfriend is one lol.
dark skin, dark clothes, morbid humor...................
*drifts into fantasy world*

but yeah sure, its ok.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm
Silenus Slade
Skin color only matters when you're filling out college applications.

True fact.

And as other people said...

Race has nothing to do with goth.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:40 pm
One of my friends is a goth and she has dark skin. Not sure if she's black, but she has dark skin.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
Of course it's okay! I really dislike the idea that only pale-skinned people can be goth. It's about personal taste, not ethnicity.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:14 pm

That's just racist, and I hate dealing with people like that. I have to deal with it all the time. I'm called emo because I'm not pale. Okay, I'm half mexican and the rest is british and german. I get I don't look completely mexican because I have dark blonde hair, but, come on, people. It's to be expected that I might have a naturally darker skin tone. Hell, I can just walk outside for an hour and get tanlines from my shirts.

I don't have the emo hair cut, I don't listen to anything emo, I don't have emo clothes (more of rockabilly), I have no scares, and I don't go around moping. I don't fit the set stereotype, yet I'm emo confused .

Don't get me wrong, I hate stereotypes. The only reason they are made is because of prejudgements about a certain person or people when little to no contact is ever made. But, now, they're getting their own stereotypes wrong. What I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't care as much to be called emo if I actually looked emo. Wow, sorry to get off subject with my little rant sweatdrop .  

Dirzdra

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:46 pm
I know exactly how you feel....

I'm black too, yet I'm an albino...(I love my pale skin and whitish hair, though, I don't have the red eyes)...and I even goet this "act more black" stuff from my mother. i say, you are who you are....be different...be what you feel is right for you.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff