Can you do it?
  Yep.
  Um... not really, no.
  Never tried.
  Let's find out shall we? *concentrates hard*
View Results

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:35 am
Okay, I've recently taken up psychic healing. So far, I can easily do stuff like headaches, cramps, stomachaches (which includes my sisters' stomach flu) and I was able to heal my cat. (He had a huge hemotoma in his left ear).
I'd like to become a healer, so I need to get a knack on distant healing.
I'm just wondering if anyone else here does any psychic healing. Give your inputs, thoughts, whatever. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 am
Seira Relur
Okay, I've recently taken up psychic healing. So far, I can easily do stuff like headaches, cramps, stomachaches (which includes my sisters' stomach flu) and I was able to heal my cat. (He had a huge hemotoma in his left ear).
I'd like to become a healer, so I need to get a knack on distant healing.
I'm just wondering if anyone else here does any psychic healing. Give your inputs, thoughts, whatever. biggrin

Question, silly perhaps, is psychic healing a form of energy work? If so I have quite a lot of expriences with this sort of work as I am a practioner of several schools of reiki and find it to be very affective.

If your interested in that sort of healing and training I suggest you see if you can scout out a teacher in reiki or another energy working field.

As far as distance healing goes, I usually create a ball of energy in my hands and then but intentions in it before sending it off where it needs to go. Picture and other props can be helpful for different people though too. My teacher actually keeps a stuffed teddy bear that she uses to distance healing by placing her hands on the bear where she would on the person and envisioning her energy being sent out to them.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Aquajade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:57 pm
I think it's great that you want to be a Healer, but I have a goofy question.... who far 'distant' with the healing do you want to go?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 am
I am not sure I'd use the word 'psychic' but it probably applies. I only have done such techniques on myself and have had varied success depending on what it is that I'm attempting to will away. Usually a combination of techniques has better results. Generally I'm one to use practical applications that I know will work. There is much to be said, though, about psychology and health; a fair amount of a patient's chance to get better is their own belief that they'll get better.  

Starlock
Crew

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:55 pm
Aquajade
I think it's great that you want to be a Healer, but I have a goofy question.... who far 'distant' with the healing do you want to go?

Anywhere really. Right now the furthest I've been able to do was about twenty miles and it was only a simple cold. I can do a full healing to other people as far as like the other side of the house sweatdrop
Though I guess it makes sense. I haven't really been doing this long.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:51 am
It's something I've wanted to look up and try. So far, the extent of my healing has been soothing my girlfriend's pained shoulder. I think we were both kinda surprised that it worked whee  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:55 pm
I'm a decent healer...my first experience was about five years ago or so, when I relieved some pain from my friend's hip. (He jumped out of a moving van, the fool.)

I need to continue working on it, though...it's quite useful. The only problem is when I'm in pain, I can't focus enough to heal myself. Like today, when I had probably the worst cramp I've ever felt. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:01 am
May I ask what psychic healing is? (Sorry, I know it's a dumb question!) I'm interested in herbal/crystal healing, but I've only heard of psychic healing in passing once or twice before. Is it kind of like concentrating on a pain in order to lessen/remove it?

I don't think this counts, but I once had a really bad stomach ache which had me doubled over in pain. I concentrated really hard on it, as if thinking about getting rid of it would actually remove it....and it did. eek I was very surprised: it didn't rid me of it completely, but lessened it all of a sudden to the point where it was just a minor discomfort. I'm not sure that this is considered psychic healing or just 'mind over matter', but could you give me an example of this form of healing? It sounds interesting and very useful!  

Rioto_Kish

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:34 pm
Wow, I completely misinterpreted the title. Psychic healing to me is healing things wrong with the psyche.

I've done it. In fact, I do it a lot. For me, it's a channeling of other people's pain. You take it into yourself, and then ground it in something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:36 am
That's marvelous. 8D
I've tried it once or twice in the past year or so. Relieved a friend's headache and stuff.

I should try again when the opportunity comes up...

-YuYevon  

YuYevon

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 pm
I have yet to gain the channeling expertise (or find a proper Aspect) to actually heal physical damage to biological structures.

(Although I would imagine it wouldn't be overly hard. Just speeding up the normal healing processes and dumping enough energy into the system to keep from tiring out their body would work. Although I'd be careful not to put to much energy in. Cells can be very fragile.)

But I tend to be able to handle mental and emotional pain better. I don't know what it is, but it appears to be some kind of inborn ability and not active channeling.

People talk to me and feel better. Just being around me has a calming effect that seems to even have an effect on chemical imbalances, bipolar disorder, and actual depression.

I just seem to reduce emotional pain through either any form of communication or through being in physical contact (more so with the physical contact)

I'm seeing if I can actively boost it through channeling, but unfortunately I'm only well versed in channeling certain aspects, like Misdirection and Brimstar, both of which are not useful for healing. Brimstar is definately a battle, clairvoyance and travel aspect, primarly stars, heat, motion, fire, light, and speed.

Misdirection is kind of self explainatory. Unless I intend on fooling people's bodies into thinking they're healed (its more workable then you think, but not very effective and extremely dangerous) it won't be helpful to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:10 pm
I would love to be a healer as well. I've had some success in practicing distance healing before. I didn't think distance really mattered a whole lot. I've done minor healing over 450 miles away. My ex girlfriend used to have all kinds of minor things like headaches, sick stomach, pains and cramps here and there. I'd always ask her if she wanted me to do the "healey thing" that's what we called it XD.

When I first learned had any kind of psychic potential I couldn't stop trying things like that. It hasn't worked every single time, but seems pretty successful for most minor botherances. I found the most success in using a variety of techniques, like color healing color/aura/energy healing transfer. I'd many times end up feeling the same kind of pain I was healing and in feeling it, I could rid myself of it and therefore rid them of it as well. I'd also a few times transferred slight amounts of stinging pain. Lol. Just to make sure she wasn't lying, I did it without asking and she was like "<.<" "You're doing it again aren't you?" That was a long time ago though, but these people were all 450+ miles away from where I live.

Haven't practiced at all in a very long time. But yea, I'd love to be a healer. biggrin  

Aiste Spirit

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:02 pm
Physical touch is always the most effective way to heal, but any sort of connection helps. I find phones to be a great help.

And seriously studying reiki would also help.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:12 am
PoeticVengeance
I have yet to gain the channeling expertise (or find a proper Aspect) to actually heal physical damage to biological structures.

(Although I would imagine it wouldn't be overly hard. Just speeding up the normal healing processes and dumping enough energy into the system to keep from tiring out their body would work. Although I'd be careful not to put to much energy in. Cells can be very fragile.)

But I tend to be able to handle mental and emotional pain better. I don't know what it is, but it appears to be some kind of inborn ability and not active channeling.

People talk to me and feel better. Just being around me has a calming effect that seems to even have an effect on chemical imbalances, bipolar disorder, and actual depression.

I just seem to reduce emotional pain through either any form of communication or through being in physical contact (more so with the physical contact)

I'm seeing if I can actively boost it through channeling, but unfortunately I'm only well versed in channeling certain aspects, like Misdirection and Brimstar, both of which are not useful for healing. Brimstar is definately a battle, clairvoyance and travel aspect, primarly stars, heat, motion, fire, light, and speed.

Misdirection is kind of self explainatory. Unless I intend on fooling people's bodies into thinking they're healed (its more workable then you think, but not very effective and extremely dangerous) it won't be helpful to me.

People probably feel better around you because of your own aura. People with strong auras seem to bolster the well-being of the people they're around and make them feel safe, comforted, physically well, and so on.

I have the same effect on people. Actually, it's more because of your aura people feel generally stronger, because you radiate strength (I can tell just by the things you say and the bit of your personality I've seen on the board).

My own aura makes people more carefree and high spirited. I know this because I've been told many times before, and I've noticed it many times my self.

Let your aura do its thing, because that's the kind of person you are: Strong.  

Kain Wynd

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:30 pm
Kain Wynd
PoeticVengeance

People probably feel better around you because of your own aura. People with strong auras seem to bolster the well-being of the people they're around and make them feel safe, comforted, physically well, and so on.

I have the same effect on people. Actually, it's more because of your aura people feel generally stronger, because you radiate strength (I can tell just by the things you say and the bit of your personality I've seen on the board).

My own aura makes people more carefree and high spirited. I know this because I've been told many times before, and I've noticed it many times my self.

Let your aura do its thing, because that's the kind of person you are: Strong.

Heh, I've never seen myself as strong, but perhaps its a different kind of strength then society is used to.

I'll just let it be and not try to mess with it. Why fix what isn't broken?  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff