Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bunnies can't/don't _____
  but-they-Can-DANCE!
View Results

Mercury Katal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:32 am
idk about you but i've found some pretty random things in some manga that just make me wear the what the hell face. What about you guys?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:48 pm
I've seen a lot of typos in most Tokyopop mangas.  

Ever-Changing Me

Deschaine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:58 am
I am used to most things in manga... I havent seen anything to weird or wrong so I dont know. I dont read TokyoPop that often. One store here sells the crappy American imitation. That makes me go FTW?!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:47 pm
Ever-Changing Me
I've seen a lot of typos in most Tokyopop mangas.

I've seen a couple where they st
art a word, and then finish it in the next line.
It's a little annoying.
But going from manga to anime there are a lot of changes, but that's fairly natural to happen.  

Pomegranate_Seeds

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:19 pm
I think there's been a typo of some sort, or something overall that doesn't make sense in the translation in every single Case Closed manga so far...

There's also a spot in FMA 2 where one of Tucker's speech bubbles was left blank.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:22 am
In fullmetal alchemist they sometimes misspell character's names and such. It just makes me go "WTF?"  

psycotton

d a s Z o m b i e

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:23 pm
I've seen some typos in Rurouni Kenshin. There have also been some misspelled names.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:53 pm
I dislike how in some manga, the male nudity is edited, but not female nudity. (For male pleasure, probably.) Nothing new, but still, not cool.  

Spooky Ames

paine44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:52 pm
If it's the wording that's messed up there was probably something wrong with the translation but other then that what are you talking about?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Don't get me started...oh, too late.

Okay, Shonen Jump has pretty cruddy translations in my opinion. Here's an example from D. Gray-Man (which is AWESOME)...

Turned into: Lavi, Rabi, Labi/Ravi.

Turned into: Linali Lee, Lenali Lee.

...Yeaaah... That's just the start of things too. I've seen some basic grammar mistakes and bad spellings as well. And in Naruto, I've found inconsistencies in outfits and symbols (okay, yes, I am a complete geek, but I'm just observant - I don't stare at this for hours).

Side Note: Names were romanized by the author (Katsura Hoshino) himself, but were translated weirdly.  

AtreeX

Salty Cat

tenshinokage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 pm
stressed I hate it when they start selling the series... and then cancel it later (coughs) X/1999 (coughs). and sometimes, the whole "whimpy, useless, everyone loves her, ect" main character girls annoy me because it makes the female population look bad. oh yeah, and killing off a cool character (coughs) Maes Hughes (coughs) angers me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:54 pm
Yea I know the feeling . I had a manga I was reading and it was going graet but the chapter repeated. It kinda made me mad but then I laughed.
Also in the action manga's the good guy's and bad guy's can pull their weapons out of their butts. I found that werid.

~Necro-chan~

Nicht Heilig

Durem Traveler

13,550 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:04 am
Yep, them manga get some bad translators sometimes, and nothng makes sense at all. Like in NOW before it went to infintystudios, it was whack! The dialogue didn't make sense a lot of the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 pm
I don't like it when they censor mangas...or change certain images to make them not "offensive."  

Citch

Calica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:41 pm
A lot of the spelling mistakes and typos are probably just human errors that get passed down through the line--like, maybe the type-setter mispelled a word and didn't notice, and the editor for that volume isn't intimate with the series so he/she didn't notice that the name was spelled wrong. Changes in name romanization is probably due to changes in translators and editors, and their staff isn't big enough to allow for someone to check all the books for inconsistencies. I think the problem is that these companies are putting out so many books, but they probably don't have a large enough staff to cover everything, so stupid mistakes and typos will be made. And stuff like this happens in American novels all the time, and they don't even have to translate anything! It's human error, and while it is annoying, it's nothing to getting all huffy about.  
76: The Manga Mafia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff