Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I Belong Here?
  Yes!
  No!
View Results

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:04 pm
I just read a topic that described me as "not goth" its weird because I would consider myself goth but because I have darker thoughts than most and am I die heard metal fan but a certain topic led me to think otherwise because I enjoy wearing all black (not a make up fan) and I listen to ALL of the following bands

-Korn
-Rammstein
-AC/DC
-AFI
-Black Sabbath
-Breaking Benjamins
-Disturbed
-Drowning Pool
-Evanescence
-Garbage
-H.I.M.
-Hurt
-Kamelot
-Kill Switch Engaged
-Lacuna Coil
-Marilyn Manson (I enjoy only THREE songs which are Sweet Dreams, Beautiful People, Personal Jesus)
-Metallica
-Mudvayne
-Nickelback
-Nine Inch Nails
-Non Point
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Seether
-Slipknot
-Staind
-Stone Sour
-Story Of The Year
-System Of A Down
-The Cruxshadows
-Trapt
-Tricky
-Type O Negative

I dont like tripp pants much but the skull stuff is cool so I have to know do I fit in here or am I different from everyone else here as usual?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:12 pm
So long as you don't go around saying "I'm gothier than you" I think you'll be fine. That's the No. 1 taboo.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:44 pm
I myself listen to a some of those bands (Manson has songs a lot better than those three even if those you listed are still good songs).
You don't have to be goth to be here.
You just have to be a generaly pleasant person (not picking fights) who can type better than a two year old.
And figuring out if someone is goth or not depends on a persons idea of what goth is.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:52 pm
I define goth as anyone who has darker thoughts than the rest of the woorld and listens to rock music.  

Dante Omura

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:11 pm
This place is a hangout for not only goths, but fans of gothness. So. Yeah. Welcome!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:17 pm
gonk

MortSanglant

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:36 pm
So what if you're not a goth? I'm not. I just happen to really enjoy a lot of gothic music, among other genres. I'm listening to a Fear Factory song right now, and looking ahead on my randomized playlist i've got Ministry, Tupac, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Rancid, NIN, 2 Motorhead songs, Billy Idol, Immortal Technique, and Iron Maiden before the next goth song (Inkubus Sukkubus) comes up. There's nothing wrong with a little diversity.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:43 pm
You are what you want to be, not what others tell you. You define you.Not anybody else.  

Laharl Part Deux

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:58 pm
Eh, I'm not goth. I don't think anyone really cares.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:09 pm
You're goth enough hun ^~ And you could be here whether you were or not!
But if you really are worried about it, study up on what gothicness really is.  

ShadowLotus

mildlycrazy13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:18 am
I'm not really a goth but I'm hear. I just like a lot of the gothic music, clothing (though my mom will flip if I wear it), and loads of my friends are goths. Okay probably like half. And I have kind of a dark mind and love vampires and skulls and that stuff.
Oh and by the way you have a nice list of music you like right there. Those three Manson tracks are the only ones I like too, but the rest of those bands are kickass.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:41 am
Laharl Part Dux
You are what you want to be, not what others tell you. You define you.Not anybody else.

He's right. As long as your you no one can tell you what you are and what your not.

Talamascan

Exodus2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:46 am
Talamascan
Laharl Part Dux

He's right. As long as your you no one can tell you what you are and what your not
thats true, adn dont say that your more gothier or anythin like that, that stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 am
Lacuna coil is great, same with Breaking Benjamin - Why shouldn't you belong here? - Everybody is welcome here!  

Disease of the Flesh

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces