Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell for 10/2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 am
What's going on this week?

I'm putting aside my crocheted afghan for a wee little bit to work on a fleece blanket for my boyfriend's birthday. I found a print with donkeys!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:44 pm
I'm still working on egg toys for the ferrets. I'll probably be working on them on and off until I run out of plastic eggs, beads, or thread.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:59 pm
I'm actually trying to make a scarf that looks like a fox's tail. It'll have two pointy white ends and otherwise be rusty orange - I saw the yarn and thought it looked a lot like a fox's fur. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:07 pm
I'm still working on Knitty's Iris....
And other than that, i'm working on an empirical manuscript for a psychology experiment.  

Maki Minakoaino

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm
Maki Minakoaino
And other than that, i'm working on an empirical manuscript for a psychology experiment.

I wish you all the best with your psych!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:47 pm
Working on the Exchange Bag from Happy Hooker. I started it over the weekend, and I think I'm finally getting somewhere with it. There's a couple of things making me unhappy, but as far as I can tell, I've followed the pattern to a T. We'll see how it comes out in the end, I guess.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:46 pm
Brunette_Star
I'm actually trying to make a scarf that looks like a fox's tail. It'll have two pointy white ends and otherwise be rusty orange - I saw the yarn and thought it looked a lot like a fox's fur. biggrin

hah that's cool. heart what a great idea, are you doing it with DPN's?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:54 am
VP Club Freakin Justice
Maki Minakoaino

I wish you all the best with your psych!

thanks xp sweatdrop  

Maki Minakoaino

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:31 pm
Lee Kushrenada
Brunette_Star

Actually, I'm crocheting it. (I'm using a size H hook and worsted weight acrylic yarn) I'm making the pattern up as I go, so I started with three stitches in my foundation chain, where I made two hdcs. Then I kept increasing for a few rows, switched to orange, and now I'm trying to see how much orange I need to make it about five feet long. Then I'll switch back to white and make another point.

But I like the DPN idea - do you mean to make it into a tube and stuff it so it'll be a neck pillow as well? That sounds neat.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:18 pm
Brunette_Star
Lee Kushrenada
Brunette_Star

Actually, I'm crocheting it. (I'm using a size H hook and worsted weight acrylic yarn) I'm making the pattern up as I go, so I started with three stitches in my foundation chain, where I made two hdcs. Then I kept increasing for a few rows, switched to orange, and now I'm trying to see how much orange I need to make it about five feet long. Then I'll switch back to white and make another point.

But I like the DPN idea - do you mean to make it into a tube and stuff it so it'll be a neck pillow as well? That sounds neat.

well I don't really think I could pull off the fox tail look myself, but I was just thinking that... if your trying to make it into a tail-like thing...that it would be 3D, so if you were to knit it *I* would go with the DPN.
but I don't know if you are making it more 3D and a little stuffed...not really stuffed just a little and the end's to make it poof a little.  

Lee Kushrenada

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:03 am
What a neat idea, that foxtail scarve! eek

I finished the back part of the honeycomb vest. Now I have to correctly make the front part. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:45 pm
I'm actually trying to make the scarf flat and 2D by making chains and turning when I move to the next row. But I do like the DPN 3D idea - that might be my next project.

A honeycomb vest? That sounds neat! Are you going to post pictures when it's done?  

Brunette_Star

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:38 pm
Brunette_Star
I'm actually trying to make the scarf flat and 2D by making chains and turning when I move to the next row. But I do like the DPN 3D idea - that might be my next project.
I have never crochet anything in my life, though I do want to learn, so I'll just pretend that I know what your talking about. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:25 pm
Whoops, sorry about confusing you. sweatdrop

Seriously, though, if you want to learn to crochet, I strongly recommend a leaflet published by Leisure Arts called "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting!" (I found it in a local craft store for about $7.) It has large pictures of the stitches (even for lefties) and gives you a few patterns to start with.  

Brunette_Star

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:05 pm
Brunette_Star

A honeycomb vest? That sounds neat! Are you going to post pictures when it's done?

ninja Already did... The back part then... I just started to set the front on the needles.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff