Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Scars Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:14 pm
Hey. I was just wondering if anyone knew a good way to get rid of scars. I mean, obviously not all the way, but just to make tham a little less noticable. Please reply if you can help!!!! pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:19 pm
depends where the scar is i have one on my head from a fight when i was young now its infected because of self injury anyway if its on your head you can cover it with your hair.
i also have a scar on my chest that one i cover with a shirt and in gym class
i hide it with my hand when taking my shirt off if someone ask why my hand is there i just say " er minor chest pain is all"
but other then those areas i cant help.  

darkrock64

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 pm
well there is the classic covering up your arms with long sleeves until they fade, you can actually use cover up to try to cover them up some what but other than that you just have to wait until they fade  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 pm
First, it should be mentioned that sunlight brings out the pigments in scar tissue. In other words,

A lot of Sunlight -> Red Scars
Some sunlight -> Pink Scars
Little or no sunlight -> White/Pale scars

Beyond this, there's not a lot you can do. Moisturized the skin and it should heal a bit faster.

There are also specific products for making scars less noticeable, such as Mederma scar-creme.  

GilAskan
Crew

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Just wait for them to fade or go to the store and get scar healing stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:45 pm
I have no idea what to tell you.. I never try hiding any scars on my body at all.  

GreedsLittleEdo

.blood x stitched x paws.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 pm
*shrugs* i never really thought about 'parting' with my scars. they're a part of my past and a part fo me...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 pm
I have a huge replusive surgical scar on my right bicep, and have had some success making it less ugly using a product called “Scar Solution” or something like that. You can get them at drugstores like Walgreens, etc. They're basically silicone patches impregnated with oils and vitamins and stuff that you stick on your skin over the scar. Although they can't completely remove scars, they can make them less obvious and more natural looking.  

UraniumMonk

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:57 pm
Vitamin e oil.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:23 am
spooky_sez
Vitamin e oil.

Exaclty what i was going suggest xd It works great for breaking down over healing, which is what scars are, it works great and you can get it in most if not all chemists or stores that sell vitamins and creams. It also works great for keloids and other scars from piercings  

vampyrblood

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:53 am
vampyrblood
spooky_sez
Vitamin e oil.

Exaclty what i was going suggest xd It works great for breaking down over healing, which is what scars are, it works great and you can get it in most if not all chemists or stores that sell vitamins and creams. It also works great for keloids and other scars from piercings

Mmm, stretchmarks too.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:15 pm
Um... witch hazel? That heals bruises and things, so might wrk on scarring...  

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

prettycaca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:42 pm
Depends on where it is.

Just if its on youre ankles or even upper thigh don't wear skirts/capris bad idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:41 pm
If my scars are still healing, I use liquid capsules of Vitamin E. You can cut them open, daub them across the wounds, and it really helps the skin heal. (I know this because I've done lots of stupid things, most of them completely accidental. I was clumsy as a teen!)

I haven't used them on older scars myself, but I hear some people have had luck with them.  

Veruniel
Crew

Perestroyka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:16 am
Vitimin E is really good for scars, if they're raised red ones, then this can help; as will scar remooval creams. There's not much you can do for flat whiter ones.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff