Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the zoo?
  Yes. All those fluffy animals. XD
  No. I hate animals. *Kicks the nearest animal*
  Meh. Animals are animals.
  No. Free the animals! (me: God damn animal activist)
  The one! The only! Poll Whore option! XD
View Results

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:25 am
Yep thats right. I'm going to the zoo on friday. One of my rare days off from work now. Damn Krispy Kreme taking my life away from me! *Shakes fist in the air* Anyways Taronga Zoo is going to be 90 years old on saturday. I didn't know that til I went to the Taronga Zoo website. sweatdrop So I'm going to the zoo with at least one mate and I'm going to see what has changed since my last visit to the zoo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:55 am
I haven't been there since i was about 7, hope you have a great day out!  

1TS JESUS LOL

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:05 am
I like animals, but it hurts me to see them kept in captivity, especially the very small and cramped enclosures.

The Eliphants have it pretty sweet at Melbourne Zoo, but they've been needing it for ages.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 pm
I wanna go to melbourne. sad Don't you guys have 3 zoos down there?

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:48 am
bohemian_wild_child
I wanna go to melbourne. sad Don't you guys have 3 zoos down there?

Well there's the Werribee Open Range Zoo, and the Aquauriam. I don't know about another Zoo.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:23 am
I got distressed in the nocturnal enclosure. Mainly because of the kids with this family were really loud and made me want to belt them something fierce. mad I had to get out of that section. The reptile place was just as bad but worse when it came to the noise. scream I had the worse headache when I left the zoo. I have to go again during the week when it isn't school holidays. rolleyes

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:27 am
We don't have a special nocturnal section at the Melbourne Zoo. The closest thing is the Platypus enclosure, which they keep dark to emulate their burrows, but the burrows have a clear perspex window so you might be able to see them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:23 am
They have a seperate area for the Platypus. I think they have the wombats in there as well. I loved the bird section. Apart from them being in a cage it was beautiful. And I learnt that there is 5 species of Rhinos. I didn't see all of the zoo though. The crowds were pissing me off too much. stare

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:41 pm
im kinda over the zoo  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:02 am
I wanna go to the aquaurim. They have a new animal place right next door. I wonder what it will be like. confused

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

stormavencore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:01 am
I love Taronga Zoo! I moved from the US to Australia in April, and I have been their twice with my husband, who is Australian. Its so much better then my old zoo. It actually has natural surroundings. I used to live in Wisconsin, and it gets too cold to have the correct type of trees, and enclosures. Much of the zoo remains in buildings.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:32 am
i wanna go to dubo zoo! it sounds awesome! i've been to australia zoo so many times the animals recognise me! (im exagerating of course xd )  

Aaila le stick

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:35 pm
I was gunna go to the Australia Zoo but couldn't afford it. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:53 am
I'd like to go to the Australian zoo, but I live on the other side of the country, so can't unless I go there for a holiday or something. I did go to the Perth zoo a couple of months ago, the first time in I don't know how many years. It was good, though sometimes I think that, though I like to see the animals, it would be better that they were let out... though a number are endangered and are likely to be killed off if they were left in the wild.  

goddess_tyche

kixsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 am
I loved Dubbo Zoo!!!
heart heart heart heart heart heart

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items