Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you go see the Metroid movie?
  you know it
View Results

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:55 am
You heard right! Actually, this is old news sweatdrop , but there's no topic on it I'm aware of. Any way, John Woo is at the helm of the project and wants it to be a mega-budgeted space spectacle or some such thing; at $100 million I'd say he's serious!

"We are very fortunate that there is such an extensive amount of material to draw upon for the film due to there being so many iterations of the game over the years," Woo has stated. Fortunate indeed; he should be gald he's not making this after the release of the original Metroid like Super Mario Bros the movie was, which little source material to work from.

Well this could either be amazing or something rancid. We'll see, right?

What will this mean for the franchise? An ensueing marketing bonanza! Samus fruit gummis? Ridley plush toys? You better believe it. This is gonna cast Metroid of the shadows into mainstream media.

Here's yummy reading material on the subject!

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=41229#

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/07/news_6093071.html

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-04/10/content_1411594.htm

Well are your thoughts on this, fellow NG members?
---------------------
Update!!

http://www.insomniacmania.com/print_preview.php?id=1573&mode=news

Dr Boll may take on Metroid.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Very interesting. I would definitely watch it, especially if they pull it off right. A new storyline would be good.  

starvigilante

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:22 am
It can't be worse than that...ugh...Doom movie -_-; I can't believe I even mention "Doom" in the same setting as Metroid... I'm sorry, Samus. Here! Kirby will chear you up!

^(^_^)^
(>^_^)>
^(^_^)^
<(^_^<)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:45 am
The problem is, whenever they make a film based on a game it always goes horribly wrong...  

[[Resistance Is Futile]]

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:44 pm
The only good films I've seen based off of video games are anime ^_^; You don't really get to see good live-action films based off video games, true.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:21 am
I have faith in the Woo. And I love Metroid.  

Isawa Tadaka

D000M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:24 pm
Eh... well I guess it couldn't be any worse than the Mario movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:32 pm
Edymion
The only good films I've seen based off of video games are anime ^_^; You don't really get to see good live-action films based off video games, true.

i have to disagree; i personally thought that the first mortal kombat movie was well done, considering the premise of mortal kombat as a game and the marketability of martial arts movies (regardles of whether or not the fighting is real) appeals to anyone with a pulse.

be that as it may, when metroid comes out, i'm buying out an entire theater for myself and the only other people i know that would appreciate a metroid movie.

and i'm still waiting for that castlevania movie to start filming...  

Nemo Phoenix

O.G. Noob

link freak131

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:54 pm
I've heard of that. XD It was such a long time ago.. I'd say at least a year ago was when I heard it first. XD That was when there tuns of rumors about a Zelda movie, and then it turned out to be a Metriod movie. I would see it, since I love that game, but, I think it would be much better if it wasn't in live action, but, rather in anime or with soft computer animation. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:53 pm
Wow, old news and I still haven't heard of it until now. sweatdrop
I'd say it'll either be really awesome or really terrible, generally. But Metroid definitely has the capability of producing a great movie. 3nodding  

Kaumodaki

Zakugara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:57 pm
Kaumodaki
Wow, old news and I still haven't heard of it until now. sweatdrop
I'd say it'll either be really awesome or really terrible, generally. But Metroid definitely has the capability of producing a great movie. 3nodding

I'm with you, I have not even heard of this before.....sounds exciting. I have to say, it is going to be one of those that you either like, or you don't...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:49 am
hmmm...I've not heard of it till today. But 100M is a lot and I hope they use it right to produce a blockbuster  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:48 pm
Note to vlad: I never liked Mortal Kombat as a game sweatdrop I hated the movie.

Even if it's "old news", it's not news that's talked about all that often. Don't feel left out wink That's why we're here!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:53 pm
hey Edymion, I did you personal signature, that is a great song! anyway, I can't wait fer that movie...  

Zakugara

Zakugara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:47 pm
I *dig* you persona; signature.....sorry  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items