Anime or Manga?
  Anime is great
  Manga's better
  Meh, no opinion
  GOLD!!!
View Results

Bibliophillic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:36 pm
Now, here's somthing I've wanted people's opinons on. Which is better, the RK Anime series, or the VIZ graphic novels?

Personally, I enjoy the Graphic Novels. It could be that I own all 28... sweatdrop Anyways, I'm not going to diss the anime at all, because I've never seen it. Thus, I cannot logically have an opinion on it. But my best friend owns all of it. and he says there's a lot of annoying fillers in it. I suppose that they're there because they needed to kill time until the Watsuki could write the next segments, but I've heard much of the fillers were just lame. Then they had the gall to TAKE IT OFF THE AIR BEFORE I KNEW HOW COOL IT WAS, CURSE THEM! evil evil evil

(Composes himself) sweatdrop *Ahem* Please vote and let me know your opinion, preferrably with some sort of explanation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 pm
I like the manga better but I like watching the fights in the anime.  

d a s Z o m b i e

Bibliophillic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:10 pm
Well, I'm glad you like the manga. How much have you read of it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 pm
spiffy_girl
I like the manga better but I like watching the fights in the anime.

I agree.

The anime has the whole 3rd season of filler and it never gets to the Jinchu arc.... (grrrr...). However the anime has some better things (like Ayame and Suzame for instance... cute lolis!) and some of the filler is alright (for instance, I'm quite fond of the Shimabara filler) but it gets tiring after a while...  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:04 am
i like both. the mangas betta in the story but the anime is betta in the effects and songs and stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:11 am
blossoming_angel
i like both. the mangas betta in the story but the anime is betta in the effects and songs and stuff.

True, true. But what can one expect? A graphic novel can't have sound effects or a themesong. Which poses another question. Anyone heard 'Heart of Sword?'  

Bibliophillic

Disciple of Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:01 pm
Dragon of Rising Star
blossoming_angel

True, true. But what can one expect? A graphic novel can't have sound effects or a themesong. Which poses another question. Anyone heard 'Heart of Sword?'

You know I have bro! lol
I like the Manga better, but you're right about the themsong and sound effects  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:26 pm
I love the manga way more than the anime. It's the original, unadulterated story. I've read all 28 volumes plus the two sequels Watsuki drew. I love how much better all the characters are in it. Kenshin's classy, not goofy. Kaoru's strong, not annoying and pathetic. Yahiko's annoying at times, but one sees he wants to get stronger. Sano's still Sano, but he's cool either way.

Mainly I just prefer the lighthearted, yet still serious at times feeling of the manga versus the manic giddiness of the anime and the melancholy darkness of the OVAs.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

cyberspaceangel

1,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 am
I started with the anime, but the manga's very good too
then again, there are some stories in the anime that aren't in the manga which I really like heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:38 am
cyberspaceangel
then again, there are some stories in the anime that aren't in the manga which I really like heart

Same here and vice-versa
But I tended to like manga alittle more becuz of some stuff they totally kicked out in the anime.And I enjoy the manga's art alot ^^

BunnyCupCakes

Bibliophillic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:23 pm
BunnyCupCakes
cyberspaceangel

Same here and vice-versa
But I tended to like manga alittle more becuz of some stuff they totally kicked out in the anime.And I enjoy the manga's art alot ^^

Nice to see I'm not the only one to think that. Several of my friends will not read the series because they say that "the art sucks". I really disagree. It's some of the best I've ever seen.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:44 pm
i was soooo mad when they took it off >.< and it was sooo unfair the reason y they didnt air part of season 3 in the US just because of religious junk in it sweatdrop  

silvercharmer

Bibliophillic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:16 pm
silvercharmer
i was soooo mad when they took it off >.< and it was sooo unfair the reason y they didnt air part of season 3 in the US just because of religious junk in it sweatdrop

Wait...religious junk? what exactly would you be referring to?
The Jinchu/Tenchu thing? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm
She's probably talking about the Shimabara Arc, also known as the Christian Arc. It's about the persecution of Japanese Christians and this nutcase called Amakusa Shogo who thinks he's the incarnation of Christ.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Roloko vi Britannia

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200