how can they when they don't know you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:53 pm
Why do people think goths are mean? Or "evil and scare you"? Fellow goths are some of the sweetest and most lovely people I have had the pleasure to be aquainted with so far! If only others would see past the clothing and music taste...and get to know us and walk up and introduce themselves. I've tried walking up to people to meet them but it didn't work to well. You can't do that anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:20 pm
thats is called "i think i am better than you but am really scared shitless of you and/or new things"syndrome... i have kind of gotten used to it since i little in a little s**t stain of a town...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:22 pm
It's probably because of the mallcores and the assholes who shot up columbine...
Paranoia is so easy to instill, so difficult to erase.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:25 pm
yeah i agree... there is actually a girl i know who is "goth" but call all other goths "poser" but yet she is so mallcore... it is really weird actually... and i just confused myself largely...

xdemonicallyxyours13x

tablecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:23 am
people think I'm a robot. seriously.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:39 am
ah well i'm used to it, in school people think i'm just a strange scary girl they should avoid. but when they get to know me, they all think i'm a nice and sweet girl  

sweet616

Gothic~Elmo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:23 pm
How could they get used us and the way we are when alot of the time we do the same to them.
You can't tell me you never looked at a prep and said "Ew, what a snobby b***h."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:30 pm
It isnt also just becuase the way we dress, or our tastes.
But Expeirence has an effect on every ones mind.

They hate use for being differnt and unique......but another problem is that becuase actions taken from others like us gives us a bad name.

Thats the way alot people react becuase the way someone from one group or culture acts, then where all the same.

You cant say that the negetive things otthers say about Goths arent true becuase it is, But that being only to those goths who truley do act these ways. People fail to see that the way one person is doesnt have an effect on all of the same group. no matter who you are, where your from, what you do, We are all differnt nobodys the same. They just dont see that.  

Crazy_Vamp666

Crazy_Vamp666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 pm
Gothic~Elmo
How could they get used us and the way we are when alot of the time we do the same to them.
You can't tell me you never looked at a prep and said "Ew, what a snobby b***h."

I agree with you totaly... not all of us do this. But the majority of people will act this way to any one outside a similair group or interest they are into.
Its more or les an eye for an eye .. you hate me so I hate you.

But this has negitive effect on those Preps, jocks, etc who do want to b freinds with Goths, Punks, Emo's etc.

Becuase then there freinds will make that person look bad for being apart of the opposite.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Oi, the bloody problem is a combination of deindividualization/conformity and the inability to recognize that others can be indivicuals.

You're referencing to the number of people who have done this to you. If you keep trying, you'll find someone(well more with time) who is not the same.

When one person of 'that group' acts like that way, and another of the group is aware of this, they're likely to do the same because they consider themselves to be similar to the person who acted that way.

Some people from 'our group' will, ofcourse, end up acting out against the people who they know, or consider to have been in the wrong for how they treated them.

We consider them to be the same when wronged, they consider us to be the same too. The difference is, we're less likely to act as part of a group.

(sorry, but I felt like talking like an elitest snob, lol)  

Dorian Requiem

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:49 pm
Gothic~Elmo

It's just the vicious circle of social life. Preps call goths freaks, goths call preps bitches, we all yell about for a while, we get over it, and then it starts all over again.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:54 pm
evilfaerie13
thats is called "i think i am better than you but am really scared shitless of you and/or new things"syndrome... i have kind of gotten used to it since i little in a little s**t stain of a town...

NO offense, but my explanation might be better, since I am a psychologist (not yet, at least)

It's called "ignorance", "bigotry", and "xenophobia"; the latter meaning a fear or intense dislike of foreign concepts. People's minds are programmed to be in the exact cookie-cutter format that society wants; SO fkin flexible that their whole fking lives are built upon and around it. Hence those "ghetto fabulous" people. (NO offense). They sag their pants, whore off their virginities, and discuss oral sex WHEN THE FKING TEACHER'S BACK IS TURNED!!!! (It's happened.)

These people are the main opposition of goth. They are the ones that give us the most trouble. Them, and their high-and-mighty (color!), I'm-holier-than-thou-art act, when they condone prostitution, contemplate impregnating one another, and beat women! How can they act all righteous?

In closing, it's all a matter of they don't understand, and they are really stupid.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:57 pm
Seconded for Okami being correct about the majority of what ""ghetto fabulous" people" tend to do.

Bloody hell, I barely make it to any of my psychology classes, and I got all that, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:59 pm
Its because "normal" people expect the world to be happy all the time and that no one is suppose to feel anything different or dark. So they lock away those dark thoughts deep inside. We are the living embodyment of all they have locked away and when they see one of us walk by they have to face the dark part of themselves. Wow sorry rambled sweatdrop  

Lady Detarra

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:30 pm
A lot of the stereotypes (perhaps, most of the stereotypes) come from mallcore who intentionally or accidentally such stereotypes.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff