Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What is your religion? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radioactive Acid Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:48 pm
It has become apparent to me that most goths are athiests. I am one and I was just wondering if anyone else here was?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 pm
Most goths [atheist]?

Not really.

Statistically, most goths are Christians. Atheists follow in second. Pagan/Neo-pagan religions in third. Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. are all in much smaller percentages.

Also, there's already a thread or two like this.  

GilAskan
Crew

DJ Database

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:09 pm
GilAskan
Most goths [atheist]?

Not really.

Statistically, most goths are Christians. Atheists follow in second. Pagan/Neo-pagan religions in third. Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. are all in much smaller percentages.

I agree. when I saw this I was like: " confused Im Christian." Those arent correct statistics. Not trying to flame or anything but thats just facts  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:55 pm
Konkuro
GilAskan
Most goths [atheist]?

Not really.

I agree. when I saw this I was like: " confused Im Christian." Those arent correct statistics. Not trying to flame or anything but thats just facts

Most surveys turn out something like this:

Goths:
Christian - 40%
Non-Religious (Atheist, Agnostic, etc.) - 30%
Pagan/Neo-Pagan - 15%
Non-Christian Abrahamic - 5%
Other (Buddhist, Hindu, etc.) - 10%  

GilAskan
Crew

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:00 pm
I wouldn't even take statistics as fact. It's more of something that "looks right." Sure, some are actually studied, but when you study and create statistics, there is quite often a factor.

Example: I once read an article in a newspaper about how it is considered about 1/3 of the U.S. population is homeless. Then, further into the article, they say how it is impossible to know how many homeless people there are in the country. That makes sense how?

Anyways, I'm not athiest. I never was or ever will (I don't like the idea that I'll just dissappear), but am often confused with an athiest when talking to my family about it. I am agnostic. My dad is one of the many in my family that thinks they are the same. I suppose I live with a family of ignorant and stubborn Christians *sigh*.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:12 pm
I'm atheist. I don't believe in gods. I put my faith in myself for the most part, but I have a loose belief in the existance of some sort of general "cosmic balance".  

UraniumMonk

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:52 pm
After consideration, I chose agnostic as well.
I have begun to get rather irked when confused with an Atheist.
While I see how one could be easily confused, there is a difference.

I used to view myself as an atheist (years and years of a one-sided Catholic school influenced that) but I realized over time, that there is a chance of some higher form of being there, but I don't know if that is true, or not.

So, I tend not to chose a uniform practice of worship.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:35 pm
Full Catholic. Don't plan on changing, either.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

FrostDemonsAngel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 pm
I chose Agnostic.

Because when I put my mind to it,how do I know which religion is the right one,they all conflic,so there isn't really a way to choose the one that might be right.
Say I chose Chritriantiy and the right way is the Islam way.I could go to hell and have thought I was safe.
I'd much rather float in purgatory.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:49 pm
There was a thread a while ago for this, but I think it's long gone into the back pages of the guild.. so... I'm not going to worry about resurecting it.

I'm an eclectic pagan myself.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:18 pm
i was born and raised mormon, and as i began to realize that all they're really doing is brainwashing us, i decided to become athiest.

but i do believe in some sort of "higher power" but i don't usually rely on it for much.

so i guess im agnostic as well, then.

or a mix between the two.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm
Apatheistic Discordian. Eris is out there, cosmic balance, chaos v. order, etc.
But......I don't give a crap. ^.^
I just live my life from day to day, have a sketchy outline on my set of core beliefs, and hope I don't die until I feel like doing so.

2aetH

trampyre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:01 pm
Raethyn Sarachael
Apatheistic Discordian. Eris is out there, cosmic balance, chaos v. order, etc.
But......I don't give a crap. ^.^
I just live my life from day to day, have a sketchy outline on my set of core beliefs, and hope I don't die until I feel like doing so.

Cool. One of my good friends is too smile

Me, I'm hardcore Agnostic/Taoist.

Logic is my religion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:25 am
I'm a witch  

sweet616

AngelusSilenti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:49 am
I was baptized and confirmed as Christian, however if there is a religious label for my beliefs it would most likely be agnostic  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff