Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Zonked.Panda.]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:28 pm
The pentacle is not a smybol of satin it is a ******** smymbol of

Air water fire earth and spirit!

Get that.

I hate thoser ******** that make those gay a** movies about wiccans bieng evil and sacrificing s**t!

WTF!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:27 pm
[+Plank+]

Get that.

I hate thoser ******** that make those gay a** movies about wiccans bieng evil and sacrificing s**t!

WTF!

I know what you mean..for the last time people: pentagram is the Satanic one, pentacle is wiccan..... stare

.+Melanthios+.

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:13 pm
both are incorrect. the pentacle has several meanings. opne of which is protection/happy homecoming/etc, one of which is representative of truth and/or protection, one of which is representative of royalty, and it also has several other interpretations, including one short lived interpretation of it by christians as representative of the five wounds inflicted upon christ during the crucifixion. it is also sometimes represented with a human figure superimposed upon it, with the hands, feet, and head represented by the points and the genitals or chest placed in the middle pentagon. the indication of the inverted pentacle being a symbol of evil was not present until a book in the 1800s depiced the proper pentacle as good and the inverted pentacle with the satanic baphomet symbol superimposed upon it as a representation of evil.

now, i would recommend that beore deciding to post some half assed thread about soemthing that truly has no affiliation with what the topic says it is about, yyou try doing some ******** research.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:53 pm
In all reality there is truth in some of what all of you say. It just depends on who you ask. I am pagan and use the pentagram as a symbol for protection that also represents all of the elements. In witchcraft it is a very important symbol. It is power, protection, the elements. The placement of the top point is just as important as the meaning of it; the top point being Spirit. Many of us see that when the point is the right way, facing up, it means that the spirit has power over the flesh or is more important than the flesh. When it is inverted, it simply means that the flesh dominates the soul or is more important. This, according to many Satanists I know, is the reason they use it….that and the whole goat head fits perfectly in an inverted pentagram And while "Satanists" use the inverted pentagram as well that doesn’t make it theirs. Pagans have been using pentagrams WAY before Satanism was thought up.  

Lady Detarra

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:55 pm
Everything I would have said has already been said, save for this (yes, I'm a spelling Nazi)...

"Satin" is a fabric. "Satan" is the Devil.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:23 pm
Gil amen to that. And yet again I say that religion is pointless though im Atheist and its considered religion I dont think of it like that. My view is that Im atheist for the fact that I dont belive in a god and or gods existing and I get sick and tired of all the religious arguments.  

Lucifer H. Marik

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:15 am
DR490N
both are incorrect. the pentacle has several meanings. opne of which is protection/happy homecoming/etc, one of which is representative of truth and/or protection, one of which is representative of royalty, and it also has several other interpretations, including one short lived interpretation of it by christians as representative of the five wounds inflicted upon christ during the crucifixion. it is also sometimes represented with a human figure superimposed upon it, with the hands, feet, and head represented by the points and the genitals or chest placed in the middle pentagon. the indication of the inverted pentacle being a symbol of evil was not present until a book in the 1800s depiced the proper pentacle as good and the inverted pentacle with the satanic baphomet symbol superimposed upon it as a representation of evil.

now, i would recommend that beore deciding to post some half assed thread about soemthing that truly has no affiliation with what the topic says it is about, yyou try doing some ******** research.

I realize this, I was merely refferring to what the religions wiccan and satanist) use it for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:49 am
[+Plank+]

Get that.

WTF!

Yes, I totally agree! God, I hate it when people think Wiccans are devil worshippers! scream  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:27 am
It's a frickin' design, why can't people get over it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:27 am
******** i hate that two when they assome somthing before they look into things, my cuz nadine is a wiccan and she signed her name and put the star beside it, and this asswholed yelled out saying that was a bad sign, and nadine got reallly mad, i hate it when ppl think somthing when its not.  

Kuro_Hana101

Dapper Member

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

darkrock64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:42 am
actualy there is a form of wicca tats not wicca but satanism anyway they also use the pentacle so tats where the movies get tat idea.
the public thinks wicca and satanism is the same when its not and not tat im a satanist im a wiccan but a wiccan friend of mine told me tat not all satanists are bad.
i think tat wat she said is S**T but anyway ya the movies got it from satanism
thinking its wicca.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:57 am
Ahh, the pentacle and the pentagram.

People fear what they do not understand, and ignorance is bliss. Because most people do not know what wicca is they tend to associate it with the sterotypical version of witchcraft and hersey against the church. Generally lumping heratics together, wiccans are erroniously lumped together with satanists due to ignorance.

The pentacle can have different meanings depending on how a person chooses to use it. A symbol is a symbol after all, and can mean different things to different people. The most common use of a pentacle in wicca is of course to symbolize the elements of earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. However that is not the only application used by people overall. That is limited to the scope of wiccans. A symbol can be used differently depending on who is weilding it.

A good example of how a symbol has changed in meanings over the years is the swastika (sp?). Originally when it was drawn one way it was the symbol for life, and the other way for death. Hitler was interested in the occult and came across it and used it for his own ends. Now it is a symbol associated with World War 2, germany, and natzis.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:28 pm
[+Plank+]

Get that.

WTF!

thank you should tell my mother that  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:58 pm
GilAskan
Everything I would have said has already been said, save for this (yes, I'm a spelling Nazi)...

"Satin" is a fabric. "Satan" is the Devil.

THANK YOU for putting that.
I swear, if I see another person spell Satan wrong, I'm going to flip. It's like spelling pagan as "pagin."
Me=bit of a grammar nazi.

2aetH

skater1469

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:13 pm
[+Plank+]

Get that.

WTF!
its true  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas