Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Do "Haunted Houses" do it for you anymore? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do haunted houses still scare you?
  ******** yeah! Feel how hard my heart's pounding!
  Kind of.
  LOL No! XD
View Results

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 am
Text wall warning. Sorry. sweatdrop

Remember the thrill and feeling of absolute raw terror that you got from haunted house attractions when you were little? Do any of you still have even a hint of that left?

Personally, I don't think I do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to them a hell of a lot. But that spark of fear is pretty much gone. I went to few about a week or two ago and I spent most of the time admiring everyone's costumes, and enjoying the creepy scenery. Which is a complete 180 from when I was little. First off, my parents had to force me to go in, (probably a fore shadowing of what I was about to become. lol ) and in the middle of it all I'd end up, stoping between rooms crying because I was too scared to go on. (One of the monsters broke out of character to comfort me, once. sweatdrop ) I mean, I know some of it has to do with getting older, but I've come across plenty of adults who freak the ******** out, even to the point where strangers have grabbed me as if I could protect them or something. But I'm pretty sure my lack of fear stems a lot from watching slasher films and surrounding myself with dark things.

As I said, what about y'all?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:17 am
Hmm, that's a tough one to answer. I know that when I was little I used to watch a show about special effects called "Movie Magic", and I would recite the rule about no touching like it was a mantra to make it through the haunted houses when I was younger. I would still get freaked out a bit here and there, but I made it through it...(though I do remember running away from a guy with a jason mask and a chain saw one time).

In high school I helped with a haunted house, and after that point, it just kindof seemed a lot easier once you know some of the behind the scenes of something like that.

Now when I go it's more to watch other people freak out and see how good of a job people do. I like to see how people can be creative and innovative. It gives me a good sense of fun to see how a haunted house plays out.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 am
The thrill of terror is dead for me, too.

In a way, I blame Lord of the Rings. My father read it to me when I was six. I was terrified of the Nazguls and had nightmares about them for years. But after a while the bad dreams stopped and I was snapping my fingers at Black Riders.

When you've convinced yourself not to be afraid of twisted undead horrors who want to steal your soul, everything else pales in comparison!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:38 am
That i know i have never been in a haunted house. I have always wanted to go in one but, never got anyone to take me. xp  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:42 pm
When I was little, I'd beg my parents to let so into haunted houses, and about halfway through they would have to take me home, because I'd get really scared. Nowadays, Haunted houses just aren't that scary. Sure, I'll jump occasionally, but it's not like I'm REALLY scared. I think part of it has to do with growing up and accepting the reality of things.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:48 pm
i think the folks working in haunted houses are more likely to be scared of me than i am of them...i sorta have a reflex where anything that jumps out at me gets hit really hard.  

DR490N

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:41 pm
DR490N
i think the folks working in haunted houses are more likely to be scared of me than i am of them...i sorta have a reflex where anything that jumps out at me gets hit really hard.

Austin's got that too! He got to see the principle yesterday cause some kid snuck up behind him and grabbed him. The kid fell over bleeding from the mouth and nose. That didn't go over well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:43 pm
Last time I went to a haunted house I got kicked out because I accidentally knocked some stuff over. Oh, and I was drunk. sad  

UraniumMonk

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:44 pm
When I was young the unseelie glamours were overwhelming to my empathetic nature. Now that I better understand the delicate balance inherent I revel in the panoply around me; I can lower my guard and allow the old chills to creep over me in that familiar, oh-so delicious manner.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:54 pm
I've always been easy to scare, so I'm still... well, really freaked out by haunted houses. Not really that afraid of vampires anymore, in fact I love them. But I still can't get over the terror that something will pop out of nowhere and kill me at any random instant. That's what gets me about haunted houses.

I want to say more, but I can't think of anything else to say. stressed  

EvFaerAshlynn

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:04 pm
Nope, never did it for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:28 pm
DR490N

God, I didn't expect to meet you here. Kuru booted you pretty fast, didn't he?  

Dorian Requiem

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:30 pm
like if i go through one...the only thing that happens is that i get startled by the surprising thing poping out..but as for those stupid horror rides..and the show people being torn appart and s**t like that i like that stuff..i like th morbidness  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:18 am
Well, considering the only haunted house I have ever been in was my neibor across the street. His name is Jim and he's always really into halloween. He gets other people in the neiborhood to help him with it and it always used to scare the crap outta me. That was a while ago and now he doesn't really do it much anymore. But that's the last and only one I think I've ever been in.  

mee_shee

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:05 pm
I get so freaked out from haunted houses. Not from horror movies(I have yet to see one that genuinly freaked me out), not from haunted hayrides, but haunted houses. I think its the fact that the people are right there and could actually touch you or physically harm you. sweatdrop

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff