Submit

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:32 pm
One of the greatest things about the Pokemon show is the overabundance of positive Gay, Lesbian, and Bi-sexual charicters. This show treats sexuality the way it should be treated in the real world, completely ignored unless a charicter is interested in a relationship with another. Sexuality is treated as an aspect of personality, not the entire personality. For example, Prof. Oak is obviously Bi-sexual (I knew right away that Tracey wanted to be my "lab assistant"), but it is never adressed. He has implied relationships with male and female charicters, and nothing is said about it. Several charicters are treated in this fashion, and I, for one, applaud the writers.

I'm not even insulted by the Mighty Flaming Moltres, in fact, it seems to fit Jimmy. This show is cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:14 pm
I haven't spotted any of this in the show...which either means I'm blind to it, it's not there or the writers are that good that they can hide it well so all those overly-politically correct people out there don't complain about putting these things into chilrends programs.  

Althera

Mister Banter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:37 am
I've only watched the show rarely, but the new season w/ May has me worried.

May is "Supposedly" Ten years old, but her chest is rather too big for that. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:46 pm
I agree Ro, May seems more like a sixteen-year-old to me. Fourteen at the youngest.  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Zarka Killerfog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:40 am
I say about 15. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:59 am
Rider of Ro
I've only watched the show rarely, but the new season w/ May has me worried.

May is "Supposedly" Ten years old, but her chest is rather too big for that. xd

I was a 34C at 10... I'm not going to say that it's even uncommon anymore, what with the hormones in the meat and whatnot. Once it was considered average for a girl to hit puberty at 16; now that number has dropped to 12 and is expected to go as low as 8 if the hormone problems aren't fixed. Growth hormones, especially the overabundance of estrogen are found in all forms of meat (well, beef, poultry, and pig-related meats) and dairy (milk, eggs, ect). It's not unlikely that a ten year old would have the chest that she's going to have for the rest of her life.

Also though, this show is bad for that. They kept saying that Jessie was 12 forever when given her backstory, she's obviously at least 16 or 17. So I have no idea.  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:01 pm
16? 17? Good lord, people, think about the voice they're giving her and how old people would have to be in such an organization as Team Rocket? I would say that she is in her late-twenties.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 pm
No, Jessie is at least 33. And James is definately 18. His voice is to high for him to be any older, but too low to be any younger. (Yes, some guys still do have voices that high at 18. I have a friend like that.)  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm
IT would explain his childishness  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:35 am
Ash and Misty forever. xd xd xd  

Mister Banter

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:02 am
Ikaru_Kakou
No, Jessie is at least 33. And James is definately 18. His voice is to high for him to be any older, but too low to be any younger. (Yes, some guys still do have voices that high at 18. I have a friend like that.)

But they're roughly the same age- they were in the same class at school, and Jessie, for all her ditziness is most likely smarter then Jim. Not that he wasn't probably there on a huge grant from his parents (new wing anyone?) I'm with the guy above. They're probably both in their late twenties. And it isn't that James's voice is that high; he has an accent. Whenever he drops it his voice drops by octaves; not to mention that it was a ploy of Eric Stuart's: Kojiro has a very manly baratone.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:57 am
If James has an accent, what kind of accent is it?  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:43 pm
Ikaru_Kakou
If James has an accent, what kind of accent is it?

James has a southern rich boy accent, much like his parents and Jessiebell. It comes out really bad sometimes (a couple of ye-has come to mind) but it's the snotty fopishness that causes it to sound high-pitched rather then a younger age. I personally think that Eric Stuart, for as much as he seems to dislike James, has given the charicter a voice that suits him much more then the deep one that Kojiro has.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:51 am
pokemon might be on forever.  

Earthenware

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:04 pm
More on the subject of people's age on the show:

Ash is "supposedly" 10 as well. What male ten-year-old is as tall as Ash is? (I admit that a ten-year-old girl might be that tall these days. With girls starting puberty as early as they do these days, a girl at the tallest she'll ever get in her life at age ten is not unreasonable.) Ash reaches up to Brock's shoulder, if not higher, and Brock is DEFINATELY done with puberty, maybe 19 or 20.

In my mind as well: What ten-year-old in their right mind decides to "go on an adventure with pokemon"? Need I remind you all of the fact that the gang hikes all day long (When they aren't in a city), and sleeps outside in sleeping bags without a sleeping pad underneath it for the most part? It may not show it all that often, but obviously that's not something a normal person would attempt to do until AT LEAST sixteen. (Hence the fact that all of my pokemon RP and fanfic characters are 16-25)  
59: The Official Guild Pokemon Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff