Submit

Do you support gay marriage?
  yes
  no
  undecided
View Results

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 pm
I am writing a report with the topic, "Should gay marriage be legalized?" I have plenty of information from the internet, but I want information from several different people. So, I made a survey which can be found here. I greatly appreciate your cooporation (spell check?).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 pm
in one of my christian guilds, we talked about it. someone said that as long as they don't ********, it's ok to be married.  

Love.Your.Hate.

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:42 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
in one of my christian guilds, we talked about it. someone said that as long as they don't ********, it's ok to be married.

That must be one of the oddest comments i have ever heard. It bothers me when people dress up illogic with petty qualifications to pretend it makes sense.

In response, let me say this. The Bible cannot be shown to conclusively condemn homosexuality. As such, it is at best irresponsible to condemn homosexuality by use of the Bible.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:51 pm
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

That must be one of the oddest comments i have ever heard. It bothers me when people dress up illogic with petty qualifications to pretend it makes sense.

In response, let me say this. The Bible cannot be shown to conclusively condemn homosexuality. As such, it is at best irresponsible to condemn homosexuality by use of the Bible.
in the Bible, it says that the homosexuals will join the ranks of satan.  

Love.Your.Hate.

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:57 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

thats just mean gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:59 pm
o.O Y u k i O.o
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

thats just mean gonk
but it's true!
1 Corinthians 6:8j-10 :
Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, (K) adulterers, (L) male prostitutes, homosexuals, (M) 10 thieves, (N) greedy (O) people, drunkards, revilers, (P) or swindlers (Q) will inherit God's kingdom.
(HCSB)

1 Timothy 1:9-11
We know that the law is not meant for a righteous person, but for the lawless and rebellious, (P) for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral (Q) and homosexuals, (R) for kidnappers, liars, (S) perjurers, and for whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching (T) 11 based on the glorious gospel (U) of the blessed God (V) that was entrusted to me.
(HCSB)

Passage Romans 1:25-32:
25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator�who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.  

Love.Your.Hate.

[CoinxOperatedxBoy]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:03 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
o.O Y u k i O.o
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

thats just mean gonk
but it's true!
Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, (K) adulterers, (L) male prostitutes, homosexuals, (M) 10 thieves, (N) greedy (O) people, drunkards, revilers, (P) or swindlers (Q) will inherit God's kingdom.
(HCSB)

We know that the law is not meant for a righteous person, but for the lawless and rebellious, (P) for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral (Q) and homosexuals, (R) for kidnappers, liars, (S) perjurers, and for whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching (T) 11 based on the glorious gospel (U) of the blessed God (V) that was entrusted to me.
(HCSB)

25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator�who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
thats why i hate the bible T/__T the bible makes me a sad panda  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
o.O Y u k i O.o
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

thats just mean gonk
but it's true!
(HCSB)

(HCSB)

Ha!

You posted exactly what I was planning on posting before I scrolled down more.

xd

Thank you for that.

^^

MortSanglant

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:16 pm
In regards to the first thing slipknot_afi_freakazoid said, I disagree with what the person you're referring to said. What's the point in marriage if you don't emotionally and physically devote yourself to one person?
And I've read that verse in the book of Romans. Just keep in mind that indecency and depravity occurs between all sexual preferences. Humans are just evil like that.

Anyway, I think it should be okay, so long as they don't cheat on or commit violence towards their supposed spouse.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:19 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
o.O Y u k i O.o
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

thats just mean gonk
but it's true!
(HCSB)

(HCSB)

But what the bible says can't be applied to the law.  

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:23 am
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
but it's true!
(HCSB)

(HCSB)

The bible was also written by men. Therefore none of its actual words could be put exactly to lay down the law.
Also, If you were re-writing the bible, would you not put some of your own beleifs into it?
Even if not, the bible has been translated hundreds of times and therefore every word could not be considered correct.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:27 am
And more from myself:

Depending on where you're from, I'm guessing america, there is the basic saying, "land of the free".
One should not take away rights to love just because of what is said in the bible. It should not even be questioned, as all people are entitled to persue their own happiness, as said in the constitution.
We should not violate the country's basic foundation.
Another thing- Even if it were to come up to question, the decision should be made by the people.

In my opinion.  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:58 am
choklit_teddi

The bible was also written by men. Therefore none of its actual words could be put exactly to lay down the law.
Also, If you were re-writing the bible, would you not put some of your own beleifs into it?
Even if not, the bible has been translated hundreds of times and therefore every word could not be considered correct.

Read the Bible, and look at it as a whole.

There are no contradictions.

Plus, he wasn't quoting to justify applying it to law. He was quoting to show that homosexuality is, in fact, condemned in the Bible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:02 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
zz1000zz
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

Okay.

Has the bible replaced the Constitution, now?  

Kosova4Life

Kosova4Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:03 pm
MortSanglant
choklit_teddi

Read the Bible, and look at it as a whole.

There are no contradictions.

Plus, he wasn't quoting to justify applying it to law. He was quoting to show that homosexuality is, in fact, condemned in the Bible.

But that's irrelevent to the matter of whether gay marriage should be legal or not.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff