Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Thread Archive
GLITCH ON PETS Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Had a glitch yet?
nope, knock on wood!
25%
 25%  [ 13 ]
mm hmm...but sims will be sims...EA can only do so much!
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
YES, TOO MANY! GET WITH THE PROGRAM EA!
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
...yeah...so what do I do if I don't own pets...oh, choose this one? okay...
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 51

athena08905

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:38 pm
crying crying crying crying why did I already FIND ONE!?!?!?! so...my pets are IN THE GROUND...like, they are half way on the surface of the floor and half way underneath...none of them can move except my little puppy, she just gets in and out of the dog bed...and also...my guy can't move and my woman can only do certain things...Has ANYONE experienced this and/or know how to fix it??? Please tell me if you do cry  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:20 am
i dont know if it's a glitch or not, but some of my dogs wont use the pet beds. they just fall asleep on the stupid ground. they wont even get on the sims beds! xp  

Small Strawx

athena08905

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:50 pm
alrighty, so, my animals aren't in the ground anymore..but mine don't usually use the beds either, except my puppy...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:00 pm
I'm glad to hear that your problem rectified itself.
I haven't got Pets yet (and wont have until christmas sad ) but is it possible to train your pets to sleep in their beds?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:24 pm
Yes, you select on the pet, say, when it is in the bed, and you will get an option to praise for sleeping in pet bed. You can also select to scold it for sleeping in the pet bed, lol. It works for sim beds too if you want to encourage/discourage behaviors. Hope that works for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:39 pm
well, I know that, but when they never sleep in their pet bed...it is a little hard to praise them for being in there...I don't care if they are on my sims beds, I just want them to sleep in/on something other than the Ground!! and does anyone know why the puppies don't go down stairs? they had to pee in the house because they can't use stairs...how are you suppose to work that out?  

athena08905

FreeYourSoul

Blessed Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:26 pm
The puppies are like kids. They're not allowed to use the stairs. The only way to get passed that is for someone to carry them up and down the stairs.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 am
You know the Crittur family that came with the pack! Yea well i put them in with a family and they won't eat food!! They keep getting taken away!  

tigger_princess

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:32 am
tigger_princess
You know the Crittur family that came with the pack! Yea well i put them in with a family and they won't eat food!! They keep getting taken away!

That's not a glitch. They're trained to eat nothing but Sim food. You need to put a plate of Sim food on the ground and punish them when they go to eat it to get them to eat their dog food. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:41 pm
well if its not working then go back to were you got it....Make sure you have the reciept....and get another one. If it happens on that one then call the telephone # on the Manual thingy.  

Stalker_Vamox

Lunar-Escape

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OMG.
I had the SAME EXACT problem as you did.
I had to uninstall the game and then reinstall it, and then everything worked fine. 3nodding
If it does it again, I suggest taking it back to the store and getting another one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:26 pm
i dont think its a glitch, it could just be my shitty computer, but the walls arent showing up properly...they're all red and flashy. it all gets a bit epileptic after a while. but i'll reinstall it and see if it works.
im quite ticked off coz i got it for my birthday and i cant play it coz of the stupid walls! its torture!!!  

Wonderchik-Nic

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:51 am
The red flashy walls is supposed to be because your graphics card needs to be updated, but I had that once, exited out of the game and started again and it stopped. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:05 pm
I've had a few glitches, but I dunno if they have anything to do with Pets...
Like one time, after I installed Pets, my sims wouldn't move. I had to exit to the neighborhood and move them into a different house. And one other time, my sim was putting her toddler on the ground and I canceled the action and made her put it in the crib. She began to walk away and the baby was halfway sticking from her body and the other half was on the other side of the room where she was putting him down!
gonk
But, then she glitched back.

The only other problem I've had with Pets is that it's crashed twice.
I had it like the day after it came out.
And every time I play it and I'm doing something.
Like, I was writing a REALLY good story and it crashed before I got a chance to save it.
scream

And the other night I was making a really good sim and it crashed again.
Pets is out to get me.
emo

Shanks

ArmatageShanks __ X

Thread Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items