Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Here is a bit advice when it comes to death Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:35 pm
Nothing can harden you for the loss of a loved one.

Thats the truth, cause I though I wouldnt mourn for the dead but end up mourning. So there thats the advice.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:30 pm
Personally, I don't want to be hardened.

I always react to death the same way. I get numb. Friends tell me that I'm obviously shaken and in a severe state of shock, but I personally feel as if I'm untouched and can't sense any emotion whatsoever. And I feel guilty because I don't seem to care as much as I should. I want to be able to mourn like everyone else, and I get the urge to call myself a b***h.

I saw a high speed car accident on Friday. A car ploughed into a shopfront. Several people on the sidewalk were badly injured, and one of them is dead.

Four days later, I still feel numb. I damned well wish I could cry.  

Veruniel
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:37 pm
I suppose it doesn't really matter how many times you tell yourself we all die eventually. It's always different when it's someone you actually know sitting there in the casket. Everyone grieves in different ways, but it's never easy to see someone you actually cared about in that state. The realization that you'll never be able to talk with them, laugh with them, and share time together can be absolutly devisating for some people.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:46 pm
lurichan
I suppose it doesn't really matter how many times you tell yourself we all die eventually. It's always different when it's someone you actually know sitting there in the casket. Everyone grieves in different ways, but it's never easy to see someone you actually cared about in that state. The realization that you'll never be able to talk with them, laugh with them, and share time together can be absolutly devisating for some people.

okay im not that soft  

Hunter of the Dammed

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:48 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
lurichan

okay im not that soft

I didn't say that was myself or my own personal experiences, I said "some people". Everyone is different.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:49 pm
lurichan
Amon the Halfbreed
lurichan

okay im not that soft

I didn't say that was myself or my own personal experiences, I said "some people". Everyone is different.

okay , one thing everyone should no cars and beer do not mix  

Hunter of the Dammed

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:53 pm
Veruniel

I always react to death the same way. I get numb. Friends tell me that I'm obviously shaken and in a severe state of shock, but I personally feel as if I'm untouched and can't sense any emotion whatsoever. And I feel guilty because I don't seem to care as much as I should. I want to be able to mourn like everyone else, and I get the urge to call myself a b***h.

I saw a high speed car accident on Friday. A car ploughed into a shopfront. Several people on the sidewalk were badly injured, and one of them is dead.

*hugs* Eventually the numbness will wear off I'm sure. Sorry to hear you had to bear witness to such things.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:55 pm
Veruniel

numbness passes with time  

Hunter of the Dammed

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:59 pm
Amon the Halfbreed

Numbness passes with years. And once it's gone, most of the sadness it's masking has worn off as well. This means I never have a chance to mourn in a manner that's socially acceptable. Guilt creeps in. "You need to let it out and cry." Believe me, I'd like to. "Don't you even care?" Well, I'd like to think so.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:01 pm
Veruniel
Amon the Halfbreed

Numbness passes with years. And once it's gone, most of the sadness it's masking has worn off as well. This means I never have a chance to mourn in a manner that's socially acceptable. Guilt creeps in. "You need to let it out and cry." Believe me, I'd like to. "Don't you even care?" Well, I'd like to think so.

If I didnt care I wouldnt have numbness to begin with. Meditation helps though  

Hunter of the Dammed

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:08 pm
Veruniel
Amon the Halfbreed

Alao crying used to be for me a sign of weakness, in a way it still does.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm
Veruniel
Amon the Halfbreed

Not everyone crys. I think it's just as acceptable to say your goodbyes peacefully as it is to cry a river.
I would say your internal conversations do prove that you do indeed care, it's just that for some reason you don't actually express sorrow in the same way a lot of people do.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Exodus2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:52 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
Nothing can harden you for the loss of a loved one.

Thats the truth, cause I though I wouldnt mourn for the dead but end up mourning. So there thats the advice.

yeah, it hurts  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 pm
Eh. I'm s**t at mourning.
I don't greive properly.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:39 am