Submit

Do you like this idea?
  Yes!!!
  No
  POLL! $$MONEY!$$
View Results

Yo Fish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:18 pm
I don't think anyone has posted anything about this, but I think that Ganondorf was a total flunk in Melee and needs to be changed. I think he should be like what he is in Ocarina, so he changes into Ganon as his down B move. This would be similar to Zelda/Sheik, instead of Captain Falcon, but also, Ganon would be able to hit people farther then anyone else but he would be really slow and couldn't jump.

As Ganon, your B up move would be an upper cut attack with one of your swords, B over would make him lunge into your opponent sending them flying, B would be like Marth's B attack, a hard charge up hit with your swords inflicting a lot of damage and sending them flying. His A attacks would be just really powerful.

As Ganondorf you would have a huge sword like he has somethimes when you win in the battle statistics page thingy. Your B up would be like the B up now, B over would have himwhack the people next to him with his sword. And his B would be an attack similar to the Magical death balls he shoots out at you in the fight against him. This would be similar to Mewtwo's attack and Samus' attack, but you couldn't hold it. Instead, it would break shields. His A attacks would just be kicks and him whirling his sword.

Also, they maybe should change Young Link so he can turn into a Zora, Goran, Deku, and of course the Fierce Deity. I would only add this if you didn't already add in my version of Ganondorf.

When you post comment on my idea and also if you want say what character you want in Brawl, what you hope a character from Brawl will be like, a character in Melee you think should be different, or an item you want to be added.

For me, I want Leon from Residant Evil 4, Wolf O'Donnel from Star Fox, Skull Kid from Zelda: Majora's Mask, Loed from Tales of Symphonia, and Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
<=SYLUX!!!

As for characters in Brawl I am hoping that will be good are Snake, Meta Knight, and Pit.

As for items, I want to have the same items but they should add in something the would be like an Odama Ball from the game Odama(that is an awesome game, don't diss it!) that would roll on the ground after being thrown crushing people until it rolls off the edge, but one thing about it is that the longer it is going, the more damage it does, like itp picks things up making it's weight even heavier.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

<=ODAMA!!!

Wolf O'Donnel=>

<=Loed from Tales of Symphonia

GANONDORF BEFORE!!! GANON AFTER!!!

Leon Kennedy!=>

SKULL KID FOR BRAWL!!!=>

<=SNAKE!!!

vMETA KNIGHT!!!v

^PIT!!!^

^Feirce Deity Link!!!^

Also, I didn't mention it, but what would the game be without the best character ever:
NINTENDOGS!!! YEAH PUPPIES!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:35 am
No. Just no.

I'm guessing your post is based upon the fact that you can't use Ganondorf. There are people out there who can use Ganondorf. And well. I'd be one of them, but I can't use him like a god. But I can use him, and effiecently.

Making other characters have a Down+B without a legitmate reason is really dumb.

See, for Zelda, it makes sense.

For Ganondorf its just stupid. It makes no sense.

You'd be wasting a character. No jump?? The size of Giga Bowser?? No. Maybe for Adventure mode, you run into Ganon. But not as a playable character.

I know alot of people want Ganondorf to have a sword. I'm afraid that will shaft my character, because Ganondorf is my best character. Tossing a sword in might screw him up. Which is also why I think Snake will be my new Ganondorf, only with a projectile. ^_^

But in response to this post... I don't think Ganondorf should be changed, and ESPECIALLY NOT to that.

Wolf O'Donnel FTW.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Hot_ArmS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:18 pm
lol ganondorf pwns as he is now, only reason that could happen is the makers not wanting two characters to have a similar move set (like they have in melee for fox/falco, younglink/link) though i like that myself cuz it gives ppl a choice on speed or strength  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:40 am
No but it actually makes sense to have him like that. Have you ever played Ocarina of Time? Because if you haven't you shouldn't be calling my idea dumb. He would be like Fox: Falco as Link: Young Link as Marth: Roy as Mario: Luigi: Dr. Mario as Pikachu: Pichu as Samus: Mewtwo. Except add in as Zelda: Ganondorf. It makes a lot of sense. Also I never said anything about Giga Bowser. Also, what is even worse is that he is like Capt. Falcon. Why would he be like Capt. Falcon?  

Yo Fish

Hot_ArmS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:09 pm
ganondorf is like capt falcon because they have a similar moveset. I was just saying that the only reason i could think of that theyd give ganon a sword or different attacks is if they don't want characters having similar attacks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:16 pm
Your first sentence says he should be like Ganon in Ocarina of Time.

Did you play Ocarina?

I know I did. And Ganon is about as big as Giga Bowser. If not bigger.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:28 pm
I dislike Ganondorf. Many reasons including slowness and so much similarity to Captain Falcon, and he's not a sight for sore eyes...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:03 pm
I would really love to see a Fierce Deity Link in there. He's a beast in Marjora's Mask, he could be in Brawl as well.

But for Ganondorf, no. He must stay as he is, or at least somewhat like it. He's my best character and I can actually use him effectively (He's my anti-Sheik).

Maybe he could be a separate character when using his sword, like Zero-Suit Samus.  

Tremere Lich

Soul the demon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:30 pm
Penisaur
I would really love to see a Fierce Deity Link in there. He's a beast in Marjora's Mask, he could be in Brawl as well.

But for Ganondorf, no. He must stay as he is, or at least somewhat like it. He's my best character and I can actually use him effectively (He's my anti-Sheik).

Maybe he could be a separate character when using his sword, like Zero-Suit Samus.

i agree if they did add ganon then then would would to add gaia bowser  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:02 am
G-dorf is the poo right now. It would be nice if he could use that sword though. Maybe in Brawl, the programmers will make him whip it out when he does a smash move.  

Ryusuke Mitsurugi

LemonManX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:31 am
A logical super smash move for Ganondorf would be to transform into Ganon and perform some crazy attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:52 pm
Ryusuke Mitsurugi
G-dorf is the poo right now. It would be nice if he could use that sword though. Maybe in Brawl, the programmers will make him whip it out when he does a smash move.

People only think he sucks because "He's slow! Waah! I can't use him cause he sucks!! Waah!!"

stare

God, I wish I could just show up to your houses and show you how "slow" he is. Empty threats, I know. But if anyone here lives around Elk Grove, IL/Chicago ish, send me a pm. I'm not afraid of a fight. 3nodding  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 pm
LemonManX
A logical super smash move for Ganondorf would be to transform into Ganon and perform some crazy attack.

Yeah. . .no it wouldnt.

But I do agree with what some people put above me. Make it so he has some way to take out his sword till like smashed or something, then revert him to his normal melee form. I think one reason why the Programmers made him like Cp. Falcon is because they're pretty much the only two Nintendo characters in the history of Nintendo characters that share a same muscly form. And besides, if you did make it so you could turn into Ganon, I take it that he couldnt turn back for that fight again. After all, in Ocarina the only way he can turn into Ganon is if he dies. Its not like his body changes, his soul takes that form, just like the boss of the Forest Temple, Ghost Ganon.

Arg. . .but maybe if they made Ganon a seperate character, I could see that. I do wanna slightly complain about some of his attacks though. At least throw alittle magic into there : ( People like the magic

And as for aanyone whos ever played Gannondorf once and said hes slow is right. His moving, and jumping are slow and low. . .ish. But when Gannondorf starts swinging those rocks he calls fists, he's just as fast a. . .ermm. . .well probably Link  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm
He's slow if you don't know how to use him.

Wavelanding, Wavedashing, and L-canceling make up for it.

I can't WD consistently with Ganon, I'm picking up more on my L-cancels, and wavelands are a cakewalk for me. WL into jabs or ftilts are delicious.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:05 am
Gannon couldn't get any more awesome than he already is. He's heavy, and he's got ways to get around his slowness if you know how to l-cancel.

G-dorf needs no changing.  
Characters

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces