Submit

Am I a bad bad Aussie?
  yes, yes you are
  well, it depends, vegemite or marmite?
  hey, thats a good one!
View Results

Kathelyne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:18 pm
I tell all the americans that this is my pet kangaroo...

User Image

... and that of course I don't ride it to school silly! I mean, don't they know that only big reds are good for ridin'?

What horrible things (like drop bears) do you tell Americans and other tourists?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm
I told Japanese students about drop bears, you are normal!

EDITED by WellzY: No advertising! That's a bad Ozumou, bad!  

Ozumou

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:55 pm
I remember first hearing about the Americans who thought we rode around in Kangaroos, back in grade 2, when we all had American pen-pals. I never wrote to mine.

And also, I've never perpetuated a joke like that, not that it's a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:58 am
Drop bears are real!! You also have to tell them about the two tonne goannas that hunt backpackers! rofl  

Jaqtaris

Ozumou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:10 am
He he, thats a good one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:42 am
I also told one that the toy crocodile was used to train the kangaroos to defend themselves against real crocs... that they draged toy ones along the ground and kangaroos jumped on them and heldthem down, and so they would know to do this if they were attacked by a real one...and they believed me! I only said it to showI was joking about the pet and school thing, lol  

Kathelyne

Tishirin Yokushama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:09 pm
I tell fellow Australians about drop bears and they believe me...
That and Henry the Killer sheep.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:30 am
Told a bunch of people in NSW I was from Tasmania Africa. And they believed me and even decided I had an accent(which I dont)  

Shail Stonrend

scruffy012

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:26 pm
yeah drop bears, hoop snakes, thats all i can think of lol  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:59 am
Shail Stonrend
Told a bunch of people in NSW I was from Tasmania Africa. And they believed me and even decided I had an accent(which I dont)
Ignorance is bliss isn't it? Whether or not you think you do not have an accent you do. Compare yourself to an American, you have a specific inflectional tone like all of us. Some reflect our background others don't, it's just the way Australia is.

Anywho, I've never really perpetuated any lies of sorts to foreigners however I told Japanese people that prawns would attack them.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Shail Stonrend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:56 am
DNA_Guru
Shail Stonrend
Ignorance is bliss isn't it? Whether or not you think you do not have an accent you do. Compare yourself to an American, you have a specific inflectional tone like all of us. Some reflect our background others don't, it's just the way Australia is.

Anywho, I've never really perpetuated any lies of sorts to foreigners however I told Japanese people that prawns would attack them.

What I meant was I dont speak in an accent from a forign dialect. My accent is the same as others in my area and the area I was in at the time  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:34 am
Uhh, same accent as others in your area. Right okay. If you were talking to other people outside you area could it not be decided that you have a different accent? It's not completely absurd, there will always be some variation.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

King Of Ninjas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:45 pm
I convinced some that kangaroos didn't exist and that it was a national joke  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:07 am
lol, we convinced the jap exchange students that koalas were poisonus mrgreen  

Simonluvs69

Shail Stonrend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:28 am
DNA_Guru
Uhh, same accent as others in your area. Right okay. If you were talking to other people outside you area could it not be decided that you have a different accent? It's not completely absurd, there will always be some variation.

*sigh* of course I have an accent. What im trying to say is that my "accent" was not any different from the people I was talking too.

Variation is in everyones voice you could say we all have differnet accents, but what we refer to as an "accent" is a stereotype on the way of some ones pronunciation relating to where they acquired there language skills.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff