Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Help me find myself? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toriable2016

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:05 pm
Yes....my mom doesnt know but im emo.My family is finally going down the drain and i find it helps my sorrow.I am also goth....though am knew to it.Ive always considered myself goth though i never dressed like it.Now my mom is calling me evil and wont let me wear what i want.For gods sake Im 16! I just dont know what to do about it.My induviduality is being threatened and my goth friends i recently met said they wont hang around me if i keep switching over.Let me just get this damn straight....I am not a prep and im tired of being called one....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:12 pm
If they don't want to hang out with you just because you don't dress goth, then it's their loss and they don't deserve to have you as a friend. They wouldn't be good friends anyway, if they judge you by how you dress.  

Soundless_Windchime

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:13 pm
Have you told your mom that dressing that way expresses what you feel and who you are? I guess you could say something like "I thought I could be whatever I wanted when I grew up."......Maybe you're changing your style too fast and it's a shocker for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:41 pm
With your Mom you can either deal with it and only go behind her back and wear what you want while she's not around or you can rebel and prove you're not going down without a fight and fight your Mom for your rights...good luck with that.
Remember your Mom doesn't understand a darn thing and obviously doesn't know who you are or how you feel. You might have to dumb down your words to her level...I know I had to for my mom stare

If they wont hang out with you because of your clothes their not gonna be your friends- because "you can only be with them if you look and act like them"...does that really sound fair?

Hun. I suggest you get a job, buy your own clothes, find a way to hide them, and work toward being who you want to be. With or without your Mom and people who don't accept you anyway.
And yes...no matter where you stand you'll be an outcast somewhere. Sad truth of the world. Good luck.  

ShadowLotus

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:50 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

No matter how you dress or how you act theres a;ways going to be someone that hates you for it but heres how I see it they hate me because I'm better then them at something so..if your better than them...why stop?

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:17 am
lovelynekogirl
I like greenday Korn my chemical romance,anime,drawing,obsession with gir,.....and still people reject me? xp

I want to know why you think those things make people like you.  

-Isel-

toriable2016

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 pm
Im not saying those things make people like me....they make people hate me..Honestly im just going to do what i want.....like she said get a job and what not....Honestly thats just what i like and i dont care what anyone says about it....Likeing those things doesnt make you goth either....so you get my point..... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:28 am
I'm not aloud to dress the way I want either, my parents stop me. I hate it when my mum constantly asks me why I like gothic stuff. I don't feel like answering why I like it.
I don't really know how I can help you...I'm sorry.  

+~Luna.Le.Fay~+

xoxoChipmunkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:14 pm
welcome to my world..people reject me all the time just because im emo..but i dont let that stop me...i mean look dont listen to your parents because they know how to stop you from doing things that you want to do. i never listen to my mom and now she lets me do what ever i want.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 pm
my parents are tollerant...i suppose
I dress black, and am pure goth from 3 years earlier (I was hidden goth)and today my mum asked my what I am...  

Strzyga

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm
lol this is very unusual.... kind of sad...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:44 pm
Maybe try reasoning with your parents to show them that dressing mostly in black does not make you "evil"  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:55 pm
well i look at it this way: either they like it or they don't

1. if they don't : to bad. its the way you want to be and if it bohters them, they have to get used to it (unless you are just testing the waters and plan to change when they start to freak out.)

2. if they do, well yippee for them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:45 am
lovelynekogirl
my goth friends i recently met said they wont hang around me if i keep switching over.

Ditch them now. They sound like a bunch of no good elitest goths. If they aren't going to appreciate you for who you are, you shouldn't waste your time with them. Goth isn't about the look anyway, and if they think it is they are no less shallow (if not more shallow) than any prep you will ever come across.  

Alice_K8

toriable2016

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 am
Yeah.......the bad thing is that my mom is really sick.She has..bipolar and alot of other things for,so I feek bad her when I make her upset.Though its hard because she is so difficult sometimes.Then she goes to her boyfriend...and he literally beats to me death.As for my friends allison got so mad at me calling me a b***h and crap.Also that i was the biggest prep in the world.She ended up starting a fight with me.....,I hurt her pretty bad...,so I have to finish up alternative school.She was the one who started it.I just feel like im being treated unfairly.Though I as well was others know that life isnt fair.... sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff