Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
wow... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:38 pm
EDIT: okay~ I stumbled acrost a pattern for a kitty hat <3 but the thing is... I have NO clue how to knit on circulars (joinning or whatever its called) ...http://kittyville.com/knit/kitty_hat.html annnd it calls for the cord to be 16" ... but all I have is 29" ... :/ is that gunna still work out?

okay... so I'm SUPER bored... I've been home every day sans halloween from school and its finally getting to me... I REALLY want to knit something to keep me busy but I dunno what :/ I have four unused skeins of bernat baby cordinates in lovely lilac... I don't want to knit any baby items because even though I know someone who has a baby, its a boy and I don't think the mom would like getting something purple for her baby boy XD

so yeah... :/ I wanna use this stuff for something for me... no idea what XD I don't have alot of needles...

Circulars: US 15s 29inch and US 8s 29inch.
Double Points: four US 4s, four US 8s
Straight: US 11s, US 8s, US 4s, US 6s, and US 7s

I also have two skeins of Lion Brand Home Spun in black and a skein of red Heart Super Saver in Burgundy and two balls of Bernat's Boa in ostrich...

I'll try just about everything... so I'm not to picky.

so... yeah... help me out before I cause someone to cause harm to me from annoying them because I'm bored? XD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:46 pm
I'd throw some of them together and knit a throw on your 15s. Even if you just come out with a lapghan, it'll be a unique texture and color. 3nodding  

gemini6184

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:05 am
Psycho Butterfly
EDIT: okay~ I stumbled acrost a pattern for a kitty hat <3 but the thing is... I have NO clue how to knit on circulars (joinning or whatever its called) ...http://kittyville.com/knit/kitty_hat.html annnd it calls for the cord to be 16" ... but all I have is 29" ... :/ is that gunna still work out?

okay... so I'm SUPER bored... I've been home every day sans halloween from school and its finally getting to me... I REALLY want to knit something to keep me busy but I dunno what :/ I have four unused skeins of bernat baby cordinates in lovely lilac... I don't want to knit any baby items because even though I know someone who has a baby, its a boy and I don't think the mom would like getting something purple for her baby boy XD

so yeah... :/ I wanna use this stuff for something for me... no idea what XD I don't have alot of needles...

Circulars: US 15s 29inch and US 8s 29inch.
Double Points: four US 4s, four US 8s
Straight: US 11s, US 8s, US 4s, US 6s, and US 7s

I also have two skeins of Lion Brand Home Spun in black and a skein of red Heart Super Saver in Burgundy and two balls of Bernat's Boa in ostrich...

I'll try just about everything... so I'm not to picky.

so... yeah... help me out before I cause someone to cause harm to me from annoying them because I'm bored? XD

The 29" is a bit too short to do magic loop and way too long to knit in the round normally. You can use DPNs, though. Are you planning on using your size 8s? Check your guage with that because the pattern calls for 7s. I'd hate for you to end up with a huge hat.

Here's a video for knitting in the round
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:20 am
well I managed to scrap together about $7 bucks.. so hopefully I can get some us7 16" circs tomorrow when my mom takes me to joanns. maybe talk her into buying me some us7 double points... x3  

Psycho Butterfly

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:53 am
ooooo tis a amazing hat!!!! I have one....no sorry it was knitted for me i'm not that good at knitting yet!

User Image

isn't it purdy.....only problem is i can't find it! aaaaahhhh!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:49 am
actually ive made a different hat on size 10s and then just used the ear pattern with my 7s sweatdrop i tried that pattern with bulky weight yarn and it came out huge  

gemini6184

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:15 pm
okay got my circ 7s thats 16 inches ^^; sept the internet was out till just a few moments ago =_=;; so I couldn't start it in the afternoon like with what I wanted to do XD but I'm starting now biggrin and using homespun... so I guess it'll be nice a warm o_o;

and if it turns out to big... do I just throw the hat in the wash and hope it shrinks? the homespun is machine washable though surprised

sorry about all the questions ^^; I'm kinda stupid when it comes to knitting ;x  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:42 pm
Psycho Butterfly
okay got my circ 7s thats 16 inches ^^; sept the internet was out till just a few moments ago =_=;; so I couldn't start it in the afternoon like with what I wanted to do XD but I'm starting now biggrin and using homespun... so I guess it'll be nice a warm o_o;

and if it turns out to big... do I just throw the hat in the wash and hope it shrinks? the homespun is machine washable though surprised

sorry about all the questions ^^; I'm kinda stupid when it comes to knitting ;x
actually now you're doing exactly what i did sweatdrop homespun is a bulky weight yarn, the pattern calls for a worsted weight yarn. You can see the difference on the labels (if theyre still there) Theres a small symbol that looks like a skein of yarn on the label, and it will have a 5 in the center of it on your skein of homespun. You want a 4. sweatdrop IE your yarns too think to make it on that size of needles  

gemini6184

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:45 pm
woops o_o;

>_>;; well... hopefully it'll shrink in the wash >_>;; because I REALLY think it'll be an awesome hat for winter...

mad if not... well I'll just take it apart and use the burgundy red heart yarn.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:07 pm
Psycho Butterfly
woops o_o;

>_>;; well... hopefully it'll shrink in the wash >_>;; because I REALLY think it'll be an awesome hat for winter...

Do the Red Heart. The homespun is acrylic and will not shrink at all. Washing it simply makes it clean. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd really hate for you to do all that work for a huge hat. Always make a guage swatch so you can prevent items that are too big or too small.  

Catcheen
Crew

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Catcheen
Psycho Butterfly
woops o_o;

Do the Red Heart. The homespun is acrylic and will not shrink at all. Washing it simply makes it clean. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd really hate for you to do all that work for a huge hat. Always make a guage swatch so you can prevent items that are too big or too small.

kay :/ now I have to find something to use the homespun XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:22 am
Lion brands website will have plenty of suggestions 3nodding  

gemini6184

Phishy

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:06 pm
Just wanted to say that that is quite possibly my favorite hat pattern ever. I've knit it at least 4 times now.

Also if you know what the your gauge is with the bulky yarn, you can modify the pattern to work. It's pretty simple if you aren't afraid of a little math.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:19 pm
okay... I'm starting on the reduction rows... so basicly I knit two together at the stitch markers... then knit a full row and then repeat it four times then knit two together at stitch makers till only seven stitches left...

o_o; I think thats what to do... XD just wanna make sure.. and breaking yarn is just taking stitches off the needles right? or not?  

Psycho Butterfly

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:22 pm
XD okay ... I'm done... it doesn't have the earflaps or ears... because I kinda messed up the top.. I didn't switch to dpn sooner then I needed to so there gaps... and then I think I kinda screwed up somewhere along the lines of knitting the stitches together cause its kinda bunchy o_o;;

but I like it biggrin it turned out nice for a first time ever hat XD

and I think my dad wants me to make him a beanie for winter... o_o; may have found a way to use some of this homespun xD now to find beanie patterns for dudes...  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff