Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Cosplay help? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:11 pm
Okay, i'm not sure if i'm really going to be able to get much help, but here goes.

I'm planning my first ever cosplay expedition. I'd like to make 2 gaia outfits (one less warm then the other, my dream avvie and this one kitty outfit). My girlfriend and i are going to make a REALLY GIANT POCKY box (modeled after the giant pocky box, only call it really giant and make it really giant) and go as individually wrapped sticks.

The problem is that fanime lasts 4 days. I'm a bit of an "all or nothing" kind of person, and so i want a costume for all 4 days. And to top it off, my girlfriend and i want the other two outfits to work together. And yes, i need 2 more, because we figure we'll only be able to deal with the box for like 20 minutes. xD we might hand it off to somebody else if they want it, but yeah.

So the thing is... We were trying to figure out some different cosplay ideas for the two of us. the only thing we really thought of was like going as a white mage and a black mage, from FF. We don't want to be -too- coupley, but we do want it to be kind of themed.

Does anyone have any ideas?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
well, you could always go as a couple from an anime that you both like...

some suggestions:

Vash and Meryl from Trigun
Wolfwood and Milly from Trigun
Daisuke and Riku from DN Angel
Satoshi and Risa from DN Angel
Gawl and Masami from Generator Gawl
Ed and Winry from FMA

(Sorry I can't be much help..my anime exposure is kinda limited...>.<)  

SaelensFrozenFlame

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:13 pm
yeah, we could go as a couple. But then we'd end up fighting over which of us would be the boy (you see, i, like my avvie, am a girl. as is my girlfriend.)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 am
A girl with a girlfriend!
GASP!
*loves pretending to be shocked*

I supose going as your avi's has already been thaught of.
I also think going as the NPC's would be awesome.
I totally think that Moira secreatly likes girl, but that is just because I think she is a bit hot and I think all hot girls must be a bit les otherwise I wouldn't like them. (makes perfect sence in my mind)

And if you are asking for advce for other anime cosplays then I am sorry but you are asking the wrong girl, I don't do as much anime as much.  

I be me
Vice Captain

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:12 am
I be me
A girl with a girlfriend!
GASP!
*loves pretending to be shocked*

I supose going as your avi's has already been thaught of.
I also think going as the NPC's would be awesome.
I totally think that Moira secreatly likes girl, but that is just because I think she is a bit hot and I think all hot girls must be a bit les otherwise I wouldn't like them. (makes perfect sence in my mind)

And if you are asking for advce for other anime cosplays then I am sorry but you are asking the wrong girl, I don't do as much anime as much.

Well.... she's not on gaia, though i put together an outfit to go with the one i'm gonna use for panel day. I'm going as an angelic kitty and she's gonna go demonic kitty. though we don't have black cat ears (which pisses me off, cause L0cke said we'd get them this halloween)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:24 am
You could go as a pair of Haibane, from Haibane Renmei. It's a pretty easy costume to make, all you absolutly have to have is grey wings. I would suggest floppy wings though as stiff wings make it hard to sit in chairs.  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:43 am
Oh you could totally go as two of the girls from Love Hina! OMG I love that anime xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:14 am
that could be fun... love hina.

I was thinking of taking advantage of the height difference and going as Al and Ed from FMA, or Milley and Meryl from Trigun. the problem with Al and Ed is that the suit of armor-ness could be hard to pull off. and the thing about milly and meryl would be that i'd want the guns. mad d though we couldn't have them. Unless i can find a squirt-bazooka-esq thingy...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 am
when I get a boyfirned...I don't care if he likes anime or not I am so making costumes for him and we will be all those really hot slash characters! heart

anyway. rolleyes
you could go as a ying yang thing...one with black and white and the other in white with black.
there's allways Chii and her sister who I can never remember her name.
...I can't really think of a lot of girl slash........ neutral but I know its out there... I just stay far away from it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:02 pm
Lee Kushrenada
when I get a boyfirned...I don't care if he likes anime or not I am so making costumes for him and we will be all those really hot slash characters! heart

anyway. rolleyes
you could go as a ying yang thing...one with black and white and the other in white with black.
...I can't really think of a lot of girl slash........ neutral but I know its out there... I just stay far away from it.
going as Chii and Freya would be difficult unless you have the money for elaborate costumes and wigs sweatdrop

for love hina a good thing might be naru and her sister mei, or mitsune and su... any combo of the height differences should work 3nodding  

gemini6184

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:25 pm
Lee Kushrenada

anyway. rolleyes
now I am going to ask a possibly very stupid question
what is slash?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:48 pm
I be me
Lee Kushrenada

anyway. rolleyes
what is slash?

Slash is boy-boy or girl-girl romantic(or sexual) pairings. (my slash key and apostrophe are bringing up the find bar. i dont know why... T-T)  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:56 am
Mikono
I be me
Lee Kushrenada

anyway. rolleyes
what is slash?

Slash is boy-boy or girl-girl romantic(or sexual) pairings. (my slash key and apostrophe are bringing up the find bar. i dont know why... T-T)
that is odd, make sure that the alt, ctrl, or 2f keys aren't stuck down or something. (doesn't actually know if any keys being stuck could cause that but it is the first thing I would check)

and thanks, I feel informed now.
I wish I could get into anime, but if you are out of the loop and have no moneys its kinda hard to know where to start.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:01 am
I be me
Mikono
I be me
Lee Kushrenada

anyway. rolleyes
what is slash?

that is odd, make sure that the alt, ctrl, or 2f keys aren't stuck down or something. (doesn't actually know if any keys being stuck could cause that but it is the first thing I would check)

I wish I could get into anime, but if you are out of the loop and have no moneys its kinda hard to know where to start.
free fansubs 3nodding  

gemini6184

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:17 pm
gemini6184
I be me
Mikono
I be me
Lee Kushrenada

anyway. rolleyes
what is slash?

free fansubs 3nodding
alright, whats that.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas