How magical is your city? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:32 am
This is a thread used to discuss the pagan community and magical aspects of your city. is it good? Is it bad? Soso?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:36 am
I proclaim Montreal to be the best city! We have a thriving pagan/magical community that holds public rituals for each sabbat. It has a large number of established covens of varying paths, and numerous metaphysical stores. Hell, there's even the "Young Pagan Circle" for teens up to 18 to learn about aganism from someone experienced so they knwo what they want when they turn 18 and can thus legally join another group. Final point, we also have a bi-seasonly newsletter called Wyntergreen, which has articles written about various pagan subjects, right down to crytograms revealing really bad jokes (How did the initiate die?......First degree murder )  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:26 pm
My city is pretty bad for my way of life. Its full of witch-bashing christians, and churches. I'd never find a place where they would hold rituals. I am bashed alot, but it doesnt bother me. I'm driven by my curiousity, willingness to learn, and what I feel is best for me right now. If it were in my hands, I would live in P.A. but instad, im in Texas. Suck.

Hey....Nihilistic, Can I live with you sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:50 am
I don't see why not. xd

EVERYONE COME AND LIVE IN MONTREAL!

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:21 am
No! Not Montreal! >.>;; Sorry, I don't speak a word of French... I would get spat upon there. (It happened last time! Someone spat on me for only knowing how to say "I don't speak French."!)

I'm quite fine in Ontario. In Toronto there's a lot of EVERYTHING, meaning anything from Christians to Jews to Pagan's.
However, in stupid little Barrie, there are very few of us. Well, who are open, anyways.

Of course, thats why I'm moving back to Toronto as soon as my boyfriend and I can afford to flee this wretched city known as Barrie. (My parents move to Barrie when I was 7, so I had no choice... I'm 17 now. XD 10 years of crap.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I don't see why not. xd

EVERYONE COME AND LIVE IN MONTREAL!
*Packs all my bags and buys an airplane ticket* YAY! o.o but I dont speak french either *Blink* *blink*  

QueenCrystal

Akwila

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:32 pm
ther are probably a grand total of 10 ppl on my base who know what wicca is, me, the chaplains (they'er pretty cool about it too), and my friends at school...so ya no covens, stores, or book stores any where on this island. however the local library has a limited section the metaphysical....its rarely touched  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:14 pm
Pictou County/Antigonish Nova Scotia's Pagan aspect: Not so good. Antigonish has a coven of some size, which I found odd given how Catholic the town in, while Pictou County's Pagan community is beginning to thrive. It wasn't until my aunt opened her New Age/ Pagan supply shop that I realized just how big it was. Still doesn't stop congregations in the predominantly Christian community from praying for her "evil" shop to close. stare  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Keistera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:21 pm
Coboconk, Ontario, Canada (City of Kawartha Lakes -- I'm about 1.5 hours away from you, Winter Black): Pagan community is either extremely tiny or nonexistent. Four churches cater to a population of... Gods, I don't know... 800 people, if that? If there are any other Pagans in Coby, I don't know who they are. I keep quiet about it.

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada: The community exists and it seems to be fairly decent, however, I wasn't able to do anything as I was off the main bus routes (I attend Durham College, and lived with an aunt on Thorton Rd. for my first year - I'll be in rez next year). There's a Metaphysical/Pagan store, and the Library has hosted a couple Pagan workshops. Also, the Velvet Elvis (Coffee house) holds the occasional Pub Moot for Durham Pagans. The Youth aspect is disheartening. Despite the attempts of a friend of mine to arrange Pagan Youth activities in Oshawa/Durham Region, they've failed because the youth have been pretty damn lazy. I can't do anything because I'm too far away, so for the summer... blah.

If I owned a vehicle, I'd be able to participate in stuff. O.o Lindsay, Ont (30 min away from my home in Coby) has 2 metaphysical stores (1 is a resource center, too), but I don't know about its Pagan community. *lesigh*

I wanna live in Toronto. I'd go to Montreal, but I cannot and will not learn to speak French. I'd rather learn German or Ojibwe.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:36 am
Keistera
Coboconk, Ontario, Canada (City of Kawartha Lakes -- I'm about 1.5 hours away from you, Winter Black): Pagan community is either extremely tiny or nonexistent. Four churches cater to a population of... Gods, I don't know... 800 people, if that? If there are any other Pagans in Coby, I don't know who they are. I keep quiet about it.

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada: The community exists and it seems to be fairly decent, however, I wasn't able to do anything as I was off the main bus routes (I attend Durham College, and lived with an aunt on Thorton Rd. for my first year - I'll be in rez next year). There's a Metaphysical/Pagan store, and the Library has hosted a couple Pagan workshops. Also, the Velvet Elvis (Coffee house) holds the occasional Pub Moot for Durham Pagans. The Youth aspect is disheartening. Despite the attempts of a friend of mine to arrange Pagan Youth activities in Oshawa/Durham Region, they've failed because the youth have been pretty damn lazy. I can't do anything because I'm too far away, so for the summer... blah.

If I owned a vehicle, I'd be able to participate in stuff. O.o Lindsay, Ont (30 min away from my home in Coby) has 2 metaphysical stores (1 is a resource center, too), but I don't know about its Pagan community. *lesigh*

I wanna live in Toronto. I'd go to Montreal, but I cannot and will not learn to speak French. I'd rather learn German or Ojibwe.

We should try to hang out some time... >.> Maybe on the next Sabbat? Isn't that this month? Summer Solstice, June 21st or 22nd, I believe...
I've never celebrated... And I've been practicing for almost 3 years, I think... No, longer. Its just that I've never had anyone to celebrate Sabbats with. ^^;;

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:36 am
I couldn't say much about the cities closest to me, so I couldn't really say. I say the most magical place I've really been to is the Buchart(sp?) Gardens in Victoria, B.C. Canada.

And I'm not going to learn French; if anything, they can deal with my German. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:31 pm
What's so bad about French sweatdrop The grammar may be a b***h to deal with, but I don't write in French that often. It's also not essential to learn French to come to Montreal. English works just fine as most(unless you count the stuck up seperatists, which most people laugh at) people here are bilingual. And Winter, someone spat on you? Damn, that's an extreme that rarely happens. The worst I got was a dirty look for speaking English at work...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Akwila

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:47 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
What's so bad about French sweatdrop The grammar may be a b***h to deal with, but I don't write in French that often. It's also not essential to learn French to come to Montreal. English works just fine as most(unless you count the stuck up seperatists, which most people laugh at) people here are bilingual. And Winter, someone spat on you? Damn, that's an extreme that rarely happens. The worst I got was a dirty look for speaking English at work...
i never got the whole french and english conforntation in canada, it seems stupid to me  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:18 am
Its not the grammar of French that I don't care for. I just personally find the language to be ugly. There's no special reason, its just my mind registers the words as ugly. I find it a very ugly language. No offence, or anything, but I would much rather learn something I'm going to use some day, like Japanese, or German, or Latin.  

Winter Black
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:06 am
You're telling me, I live in Quebec, and the only use I find is to humour the frenchies who pretend not to understand English... And now, a tiny history lesson for akwila

Back when Canada was still being founded, the English and French were fighting over Quebec. When Napoleon popped up, and the French had their hands full the English sneakingly went about and conquered a whole bunch of French colonies. The English were nice and let the French colonists keep their language and customs/laws as long as they didn't confront with the English laws. Now the French are obscessed about staying French, and true, even though when given a choice between keeping Quebec and the Philippines(I think), the King of France chose the Philipines.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff