Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.
Arina Tanemura Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Arina Series?
ION
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Time Stranger Kyoko
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Full Moon wo Sagashite
46%
 46%  [ 31 ]
Shinshi Doumei Cross (Gentleman's Alliance)
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
I can't decide!!!
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
I don't know any of those!!!
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 66

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:15 pm
As my all-time favorite manga-ka this thread immediately came into my mind when I saw the forum for manga-ka. I'm going to try to make all my information organized, so please forgive me if it isn't.

Bio:
Arina Tanemura was born in Aichi, Japan. She got her start in 1996, publishing Nibanme no Koi no Katachi (The Style of Second Love) in Ribon Original magazine.

That portion of the bio was taken from a bio in Full Moon by viz. The rest is all info I have gathered on her.

Birthday: March 12, 1978
Age (currently): 30
Age (when she made her debut): 17-18 (You could have figured it out, but I just love to say it!)
Blood Type: A

That's all I can manage to put up here right now. I'll add more later on.

Manga (This includes all of her titles. No matter how short. And in order as best as I can manage off the top of my head)

Nibanme no Koi no Katachi ~The Style of Second Love~ (One Chapter)
Ame no Gogo wa Romance no Heroine ~Rainy Afternoons are for Romantic Heroines~ (One Chapter)
Kanshaku Dama No Yuuutsu ~Firecracker is Melancholy (Two Chapters)
Kono Koi wa Non-Fiction ~This Love is Non Fiction~ (One Chapter)
ION ~ION~ (Six Chapters, one volume)
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne ~Divine Wind (Or God Wind) Thief Jeanne~ (Thirty Chapters + Specials, 7 volumes)
Jikuu Ihoujin Kyoko ~Time Stranger Kyoko~ (13 chapters + Specials, 3 volumes)
Full Moon wo Sagashite ~Search for a Full Moon~ (Thirty Chapters + Specials, 7 volumes)
Ginyuu Meika ~unknown~ (one chapter, in Volume 2 Full Moon)
Shinshi Doumei Cross ~The Gentleman's Alliance~ (47+ Chapters + Specials, 11 volumes)
Shōjo Eve Ringo Jikake no 24 jii ~Shoujo Eve: Eve's Applework 24 Hours~ (one chapter, in Volume 8 Gentlemen's Alliance)
Umi no Chikyuugi Nocturne ~Globe of the Sea - Nocturne~ (one chapter, in volume ? Gentlemen's Alliance)
Zettai Kakusei Tenshi: Mistress Fortune ~Absolute Awakening Angel: Mistress Fortune~ (3 chapters + 3 specials, 1 volume)
Sakura Hime Kaden ~Legend of Princess Sakura~ (2 chapters, ongoing)

The translations are either translated names I found online or what the manga will be liscenced as.

Anime

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (44 Episodes)
Full Moon wo Sagashite (52 Episode + 1 OAV)
Time Stranger Kyoko (OVA: Leave it to Chocola)

That isn't all my knowledge of Arina Tanemura...but that's all I feel like writing. So please! Come and talk about how pretty Arina's art is and how great she is with her plot twists...even if the anime ruined them for you *cough*opening sequence of season two of KKJ*cough*

Heh. So, just come and talk about Arina if you love her...like me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 pm
News

11/08/06
The editor for the Gentleman's Alliance
Article Posted on shinshidoumeicross.tk Forums

Apparently, by reading the article, she is also a fan of Arina Tanemura. This means that justice will be served to the translation. The honorifics all stay! Yay!

Fuyu Maiden

meimei-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 pm
I love her artwork. I only knew about Full Moon, but now I want to look at her other work!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:13 am
I also only knew about Fullmoon... her artwork is very pretty, but sometimes the eyes are a bit too large...

Can't wait for Gentlemen's Alliance, though.
whee  

P-Cubed

Kyuurei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:17 pm
TheBritishBastard

Can't wait for Gentlemen's Alliance, though.
whee

Me, too! SDC is such a great series. ::fangirl scream::

I've read Full Moon and SCD. In my opinion, they are Arina's best series yet~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 pm
I completely lack the ability to decide what series I like best. I like SDC, KKJ, and Full Moon all equally. Chiaki and Maron are my favorite couple though! So cute!

Ah, but Taka-kun and Haine-chan are really cute too! So difficult!!!

Fuyu Maiden

buggsie blue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:18 pm
Fuyu Maiden
I completely lack the ability to decide what series I like best. I like SDC, KKJ, and Full Moon all equally. Chiaki and Maron are my favorite couple though! So cute!

Ah, but Taka-kun and Haine-chan are really cute too! So difficult!!!

i agree pirate  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:47 pm
meimei-chan
I love her artwork. I only knew about Full Moon, but now I want to look at her other work!
dito i read full moon and kamikaze kaitou je blaugh anne  

buggsie blue

hana211

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:44 pm
Fuyu Maiden
News

11/08/06
The editor for the Gentleman's Alliance
Article Posted on shinshidoumeicross.tk Forums

Apparently, by reading the article, she is also a fan of Arina Tanemura. This means that justice will be served to the translation. The honorifics all stay! Yay!

Ooh! Thanks for posting that link. I enjoyed reading that. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm
Yay! I love Arina Tanemura- her colored pages are so great. I have some Kaito Jeanne and 'Cross' posters hiding somewhere in my room.

I originally got interested when I found KKJ in some RIBON manga I happened to buy (I have giant piles in my room. It's ridiculous.) I got into the story- and my friends and I were all gung ho about it back in the day. (This must have been around... 2000 or so- since we were still in Highschool). My friend went crazy for Shazna (sings the opening theme of the anime) and I ended up buying a lot of the cheap toys on ebay (Like her wand and stuff ^.^;; )

I also ended up with a few issues including ION and some other of her more recent series. Yay!  

SpinnersEnd

Merry Muse

13,500 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ai_Yue_Sohma

400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:17 pm
Actually, i've only read Fullmoon, but she really is amazing  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:40 pm
ive read two of her mangas theres there really good  

buggsie blue

Megamachu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:13 pm
Full Moon was beautiful. The art work was amazing, and the story was amazing. Though the ending was a bit weird. It was still very good. I have a Full Moon poster on my wall.

I can't wait for SDC. I read a few chapters online, and thought it was wonderful.

Arina Tanemura is amazingly talented!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:49 pm
Well, Full Moon was defenitely her most serious artwork, and I think the overall story was the best because her story-telling style has matured a lot. Full Moon portrayed the best sort of message and it really touched my heart. I love KKJ, but that was really more for the romance, in Full Moon I was concerned about every aspect of the story.

I want tons of posters and wall scrolls of Arina anime and manga. I have to go through my brother for ebay since I am scared to death of it. I can't tell what is a rip off and what isn't. My brother won't order stuff though, so *sigh* I'm trying to get the anime store in the nearest city to order some. But since neither of the anime based on Arina manga are extremely recently, it's difficult. Especially since only one has been liscenced and has only started being released over the summer. They won't sell well and their supplier won't just send one this way.

Anyways, soon the preview to SDC will be in the magazine! Or as it will be known in America, "The Gentleman's Alliance +" So happy! I hope Arina's beautiful art style and intriguing beginning to SDC wins her some new readers! Woo! Then we can have more Arina manga in the states! I want ION and TSK!

Fuyu Maiden

Mirai Ando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:19 pm
HIYA ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um... I'm not trying to be mean but you post stuff VERY similar to waht I have posted ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not accusing you of anything, just thought I would inform you ^_0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~nya~ rofl  
.: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games