Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
330 Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 pm
Any toughts?

How can Shikamaru miss Asuma's funeral?
Didn't he said he didn't liked to smoke?
Is he training with Asuma's knife?! what can come up from a training like that?!

Discuss also about Asuma's Funeral if you feel like ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:52 pm
It looks like Shikamaru is trying to keep Asuma's memory alive, or at least something like it. He started smoking, and training with his chakra blades to emulate someone he looked up to very much. He might have missed the funeral because rather than say good bye to Asuma, he's keeping him alive through himself.  

Captain Verd

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:05 pm
Captain Verd
It looks like Shikamaru is trying to keep Asuma's memory alive, or at least something like it. He started smoking, and training with his chakra blades to emulate someone he looked up to very much. He might have missed the funeral because rather than say good bye to Asuma, he's keeping him alive through himself.

I don't know, I felt like it was a lack of respect to Asuma...
Probably he's gonna use those two on his next ''misterious'' mission to hunt Akatsuki (yes, it's that obvious).
What's the fun of playing Shougi all by yourself? unless Asuma's spirit was there playing with him eek

It's good to see that Naruto is finally completing that jutsu...but how much chapters has been holding that training?
AND WHERE THE ******** IS SAI!?!?!?! HE'S NOT EVEN ON THE FUNERAL!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:13 pm
He didn't skip for lack of respect. Some people don't go to funerals because they don't want to say good bye, or are already over it.  

Captain Verd

Ikarikuruu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:20 pm
He only smoked at first because before when he became a genin the smoke made him tear up and he probably didn't want people to see him cry. Or maybe it's because Asuma didn't get his last smoke.

But..

I think he likes to smoke because the smoke ends up looking like clouds rofl

The training with his knives and stuff probably has something to do with protecting the "king". Shikamaru is actually taking training seriously for once.

But seriously... who is the king? Naruto? I want to know! mad

And ya they're probably going off to hunt Akatsuki.. I wonder if one of them will die..  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 pm
I was kind of expecting Shikamaru to smoke, and we also found out Konohamoru is his nephew.

And could the blades llok like that because Shikimaru=wind manipulation? That what I thought anyway.

And yeah, the Akatsuki hunt is pretty obvious.  

Mr._Stabby

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:48 pm
Mr._Stabby
and we also found out Konohamoru is his nephew

where have you been? thats been obvious since like forever ago.....Sarutobi=3rd Hokage=Konohamaru's G-Pa. Making Sarutobi Asuma Konohamaru's uncle.......duhh  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm
Shikamaru wanted to remember Asuma alone. I've always been the same way. Funerals make me sick.

He hated smoke! I'm so confused! Ohh, what a gross habit. But it's addicting, and it was so emotional for him. I can't blame him... redface Gah... What is with him?!  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:59 pm
I feel like a mom who wants to smack her son, but can't, because it's his choice. gonk Or how I felt when my boyfriend got into fighting his friends... xp So I had to dump him...

GAH! WHY DON'T YOU JUST STAB YOURSELF IN THE STOMACH?! IT'LL DO YOU AS MUCH GOOOOOD!! >O<;;  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:01 pm
gah...i hate shikamaru smoking....he's basically another asuma...but yeah, they're off to seek revenge..kinda obvious by last page  

Zenofex

Classic Black Sheep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:21 pm
I don't like the smoking shikamaru. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:53 pm
Classic Black Sheep
Neither do I. It really bugs me! gonk

But... it's his choice, I guess... Sometimes I wish I could jump in there and strangle him... other times, I don't. Heh. Love-Hate. xd  

Syndactyly

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:15 pm
Nephite Warrior
Mr._Stabby
and we also found out Konohamoru is his nephew

where have you been? thats been obvious since like forever ago.....Sarutobi=3rd Hokage=Konohamaru's G-Pa. Making Sarutobi Asuma Konohamaru's uncle.......duhh

You mean besides the fact that he could have been his dad? And your comparason was wrong. Thats like saying, "Harry Reagan=Head of bank=my grandpa. So Grandpa's son must be the uncle! No chance being any other relative, no sir!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:55 pm
Shikalee
Classic Black Sheep

But... it's his choice, I guess... Sometimes I wish I could jump in there and strangle him... other times, I don't. Heh. Love-Hate. xd

Ya it is pretty gross, but now it gives him kinda that "cool" feeling. Smoking sort of matches him and his 'I-don't-give-a-s**t-everything-is-troublesome' attitude.

But ya his chakra type was a shock. I thought he'd be something esle... like a earth type or something. I wonder if his dad or mom would care? Maybe his mom..

Anyway.. two things I want to know:
1. What Shikamaru said to Kurenai (even though i'm guessing he just told Shika to tell her that he loved her)
2. Who the king is.
3. If Shikamaru will become a Hokage XP (refering to ch. 229)  

Ikarikuruu

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:32 pm
Ikarikuruu
Shikalee
Classic Black Sheep

Ya it is pretty gross, but now it gives him kinda that "cool" feeling. Smoking sort of matches him and his 'I-don't-give-a-s**t-everything-is-troublesome' attitude.

But ya his chakra type was a shock. I thought he'd be something esle... like a earth type or something. I wonder if his dad or mom would care? Maybe his mom..

Anyway.. two things I want to know:
1. What Shikamaru said to Kurenai (even though i'm guessing he just told Shika to tell her that he loved her)
2. Who the king is.
3. If Shikamaru will become a Hokage XP (refering to ch. 229)
WHAT EVER-- HE WAS COOL TO ME TO BEGIN WITH IF ANYTHING--

*stops yelling* If anything... his new habit makes him less cool. It grosses me out.
No it doesn't! Smoking makes it worse! He might stop caring about life.

No one said Asuma's... Are they just wind? Shikamaru's chakra reacted funny with the blade. If his type is wind (like I hoped) he may become very strong. But I also sense failure for him. What if he became evil...? Oh, and his mom will probably beat him. Err, at least that's what I'd expect. Everyone thinks it's like America over there but Naruto was written in a Japanese setting. His mom seems quite violent...

Three things.
1. That's what I think.
2. Naruto. Probably.
3. What? Where is that? He wasn't mentioned at all in 229... And Tsunade isn't going to die any time soon... Besides, Shikamaru is far from the strongest. Shino, Naruto, Neji... most of those guys could whipe him out. I know he's strong. Smart. And now it is rumored his element is wind. But I don't see how this makes him the strongest.

He's my favorite, but I'm not going to kiss his a**. Err, well, that way, anyways. xd  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games