Submit

poll
  no duh!
View Results

le Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:47 pm
i wonder what the so called "Gaia Battle System" will be like....... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 pm
It'll probably take a while to fine-tune, so I imagine that the first battle system could be pretty crappy.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

le Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:36 pm
yeah most likely rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:41 pm
Probably going to be really bad at first but it sounds like fun.  

nerdlover08

chinagrl777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:40 pm
.......isnt gaia more about getting to kno people instead of..........turning into a
"Maplestory"?

because MS is... whacking little creatures with your cute little spear or axey thingy

im not against it or anything, its just.........is it the gaia theme?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:21 pm
ikari-rin14
i wonder what the so called "Gaia Battle System" will be like....... rolleyes

It'll be awesome is what it'll be! mrgreen mrgreen  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:07 pm
i'll go aginst the grain..and say it'll be awesome at first then in typical net wisdom of messing with things that work good...they will change it and suck the fun out  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:31 pm
nerdlover08
Probably going to be really bad at first but it sounds like fun.
i have to agree to that  

Exodus2

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:37 pm
I am trying to stay optimistic about the battle system. After all it's been a rumor for over a year now, and to see anything at all, even a tiny teaser brings hope that it shall be out soon.
Of course hopes of playtesting do abound over here since ceilisidhe has been anixiously anticipating the battle system for some time now. ^_^*

I'm hoping that things go well, and that the battle system lives up to the expectations placed upon it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:06 am
I'm just worried about how much it'll overload the servers when it first comes out. There's been so much enthusiasm about it that Gaia will probably see a lot of traffic that day... maybe more than the admins anticipated.

Seems like every time they add a new feature, something else crashes and multiple kinks have to be straightened out.  

Veruniel
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:45 am
Veruniel
I'm just worried about how much it'll overload the servers when it first comes out. There's been so much enthusiasm about it that Gaia will probably see a lot of traffic that day... maybe more than the admins anticipated.

Seems like every time they add a new feature, something else crashes and multiple kinks have to be straightened out.

I think that's a rule of gaia though. Since it's a system that Needs people in order to find the bugs, people have to be in the system to find out what's wrong and what needs to be fixed. Hence the need for playtesters on new features before they are released to the public in general. A small control group to work through some of the major bugs and issues before everyone floods the system and things spiral out of control. That way most of the major glitches can be addressed ahead of time.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 am
i just want it to come out  

Exodus2

Dr. H Quinzel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:31 am
Gaia is like a liquid. Apply pressure to one part, it moves along the whole line until something else happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:50 pm
Dr. H Quinzel
Gaia is like a liquid. Apply pressure to one part, it moves along the whole line until something else happens.
you know......that is pretty much exactly what i've noticed about gaia these last few months rolleyes it's kinda funny, just four months ago, gaia was lucky to have 40 thousand people online at one time. now it's topping at close to 70 thousand eek  

le Ikari

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:25 pm
So is this battle thing where you beat up other avi's and get points or something? I don't read newsletters...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff