Reply Stuff About Bands
Your Opinion. (Westbound Train) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

annerbelle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:25 am
I've only heard two songs by Westbound Train, and I thought they were pretty good.
But in the 21deadmonkeys myspace group everyone seems to hate them. Do most of their songs just totally suck, and I heard the only decent ones, or do I just have bad taste ^_^?

Or, in the awesomeness of being in the same forum as international super-duperstars such as Boston, Hoss, and Matt Wixson, do all others just seem mediocre?

Yeesh I'm a nerd. I gotta get out more...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm
I thouroughly enjoy Westbound Train. I dunno anything about them so I can't hate them. I like their laid-back feel to them when I saw them live. It was a skankin'-is-strongly-recommended-but-if-you-don't-that's-cool-too sorta feel.  

NoFingersMcKenzi

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Im more into fast-n'-fun ska, but they're good when your in the mood for something a little more mellow.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:23 pm
i htin you should htink whatever YOU want ot htink about them and not htink any hting any less of them if you truly like them based upon what others htink on some dumb internet community... but thats just my opinion  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Canada3952

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 pm
i love westbound train and i was really suprised when i saw them live, caus i had never heard them before (tour with suburban legends, big D n such) but they were great, and the thing about skanking to them, im one of thsoe creative skanking who skanks in 50 different ways and westbound train is a great band to just (for lack of a better word) groove to  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:13 pm
I really like them. My personal favorite song of there's is "Please Forgive Me". I also really like "7 ways to sunday".  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Jordy PLZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:24 pm
cuz im waitingggggg..

waiting for something that wont comeeeee!

bestsongever.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:01 am
I've only heard a couple of songs, but I liked "room to breathe" alot.
I was just trying to figure out why everyone seems to hate them. I figured they ate kittens or something.  

annerbelle

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:06 pm
I think it's just elitism.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:37 am
i have both westbound train cds on my computer, and only 1 in real life haha, i saw them live with the planet smashers lol, and all of there songs are AMAZING, happy upright mood, fun to stomp to, its awesome, there definitaly worth listening to or checking out, some of there songs feature king django(sorry about spelling) and there all just great, theve got an acoustic version of when i die and there great, so CHECK THEM OUT! haha, also there a great influence for ska and jazz musicians

-jesse  

Chekur

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 pm
Westbound train is really sick I've seen them I don't know now I lost track just about every time they come to CT. I love when they play before the heal lining band they give you perfect music for a relaxing skank get your energy back although they do have a few songs you can skank pretty hard to but once there done you have all your energy for the last band and you can really skank it instead of being dead rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've seen them live opening up for other bands. I quite like them. :3

I hope to purchase one of their CDs.

:]

BettyBeat

Stone-cold Businesswoman

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:25 pm
I dont' like em live as much, they're ok to listen to, but live they're just not fun to me. Its not cuz they're slow, I mean s**t, I was skankin more to english /special beat (k not special beat so much, but ehh, they had ne of the specials guitarist, I forget which one, and so they played a few specials songs and such, like the special beat would have.) and the selecter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:15 am
lets bare in mind that 21deadmonkeys is 3rdwavecentric, and so i imagine that many of my fellow fans wouldnt know a good band if all 8 of WBT beat them todeath with brassknuckles.  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:52 am
So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really like them huh?

Dance

Stuff About Bands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces