Submit

Do u play a sport
  yes
  no
  i used to, but not any more
View Results

ever_and_a_day

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:53 pm
I have only been having some problems. I have been a competiton cheerleader since I was in the eighth grade, and I am now in the tenth. I wasnt "goth" when i started cheering, and i didn't give it up when i turned. but recently people have veen makin steritypical comments about goths at practice. most of the other girls do't really know me, or know that im goth, they just know im "different". and i just wondered if there were any other goth cheerleaders out there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm
I know one, but its her mind not clothing style XD she and i squished my friend between a door and wall before 2nd period.

my friend told me people thought I was a goth, I started laughing because I know what the majority thinks of "goths" and sure my style somewhat fits the description, but I am not what they think if they actually took the time to see me XD

I quit sports, I couldn't stand my "teammates"

take care people im off again.  

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:28 pm
One of my girlfriend's friends is a goth cheerleader.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:31 pm
I'm sure there are.
Goth is a state of mind, on how you view life and
how you place your self in settings.

Stereotypes are of an opinion.
Neither right, nor wrong.

Axtorx

[Abby Normal]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:02 pm
I used to cheerlead. I didnt quit because I became goth but I couldnt stand putting up with them they were all jerks except for 1... So... if the people were even slightly nice or less into them selves I might still be cheerleading... but since then I took up dancing & I think I like it a lot more. ^_^ but go goth cheerleaders w00t!

...omg i just remembered when I used to be in a band me and some friends wrote a song about a goth cheerleader LOL wow... good times, good times 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:12 pm
I was a cheerleader in eighth grade.

I didn't actually want to be one though.

My one friend begged me to try out with her, and I did, assuming I wasn't going to make it anyway.

Well, just my luck, I made it.

D:

And my parents wouldn't let me go back on my "committment".

So I had to live it out.

Everyone said I was the most uncheerful cheerleader.

xd

But don't let the girls get to you. I know most people hate labels, etc, but the ones placed on cheerleaders are pretty valid. They are superficial whores for the most part, and very bitchy to boot.

I would know.

MortSanglant

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:50 pm
I knew a punk a** cheerleader

harsh in a moshpit and harsher on teammates that didnt cheer hard enough

she was a cool kid  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:51 pm
I was a gothic hockey player. I didn't like my new coach. He wanted to have a parent sit in the dressing room with the team to "moniter conversation" and make sure it was "apprapriate". I mean, what the hell? Plus I figured, I'm only in high school for one more year, and there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for girls in hockey. Why bother getting up for 6am practices every week.

I really did love hockey. There were just a lot of things (the coach being one of them) that ruined it for me. I do miss it, but I don't regret quitting.  

Alice_K8

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:11 pm
Cheerleading looks fun.

I used to play netball. I'd LOVE to play again! So fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
im a martial artist well i used to go to the dojo but had to quit because of a lack of energy and weak knees at the time but i may go back someday i still practice but its not as much fun alone.
but for now i do the following to get rid off my how should i say this lack of rage control lol i do a bit of kendo, ju-juit su, listen to my fav rock style( punk , goth and metal) and practice wicca.
what? i have raqge issues YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!! scream  

darkrock64

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:04 pm
Well I'm not a cheerleader, but I do play a lot of sports. Recently a guy I play soccer with saw me off field and it took him about five minutes to recognize me. After he did his first words were, "I didn't know you were.....different." xd But seriously, I get tired of people saying I can't be althetic because I dress goth and am into the darker side of life. I love sports and working out, and I love the way I feel when I get up in the morning (well, afternoon) knowing that I have something athletic to do that day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:13 am
I used to do Taekwon-do. No one acted different because I was goth. 3nodding

I quit because of bad back, sadly. Or else I would have continued...  

Paico

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:54 am
i was a gothic football player....but the coaches never played me...eventhough i worked&played harder than anyone else..and i was better too  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:08 pm
I wanted to join my schools football team, but I didn't want to have to practice every day... I have better things to do (like after school art classes) as opposed to going to practice EVERY day.

However, I do practice yoga... it's not very athletic, but it's better than nothing.

Also, I was rather interested in cheerleading... until I found that in my school, the cheerleading looks more like erotic dancing than anything else... I'd much rather be a lazy non-athletic goth, than a slutty little one who waves her arse around for 'the sake of the schools athletic team'.  

DreamerSpirit

ever_and_a_day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:31 pm
thanks for all this, i feel alot better. allot of want you guys have said has reminded me why i don't cheer for my school. i just do competition, the actual sport side of cheering. i've decied im going to quit at the end of this season (even though i am one of the best on the team). im tired of being tied to my practices, im tired of all the drama 19 other girls can through around, im tired of being called different , and im tired of having to act happy, but its nice to know that there are others out there that are willing to break the limits of setiotyping.... ROCK ON  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff