Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.
Wataru Yoshizumi Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Favortite Wataru story
  Handsome na Kanojo
  Marmalade Boy
  Kimi Shika Iranai
  Mint na Bokura
  Random Walk
  Ultra Maniac
  Datte Suki Nandamon
  Happiness
  Baby It's You
View Results

Recca Hino

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:05 am
I noticed there wasn't a topic for my favorite Shojo Beat Manga Ka, so I thought I'd make one (although I should of used my account which is a member of this guild).

Wataru Yoshizumi's Shojo Beat title is Ultra Maniac, but I started reading her stuff at Marmalade Boy. I love how she mixes humor and seriousness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:21 am
Marmalade Boy was one of my first mangas and continues to be one of my favorites. I was so excited when I learned Shojo Beat picked up another one of her titles. I laughed at how similar the guys in Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac looked. Did anyone else notice that?  

GreenLadyDragon

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:33 am
Marmalade Boy was one of my first Anime's, but I eventually read the Manga too. I really hope all her works make it stateside.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:35 pm
I really enjoyed Marmalade Boy... I found that Ultra Maniac, while very different, was very cool, too.

Didn't really notice that they were by the same person... until now, of course... I read them very far apart. xp

P-Cubed

Recca Hino

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 am
Well I just finished reading Mint Na Bokura. It was pretty good, now I really want it to come state side.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:04 pm
Ive read both marmalade boy and urumani but, Marmalade boy was my first love so, i picked that one . They both roq out loud tho ^ ^  

Hotaru Sazumi

Not a Jellyfish

Dapper Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:44 pm
I absolutely LOVE Marmalade Boy! I wish more of her work would be translated stateside. But we only have Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac. I just absolutely adore her art and writing style. Her characters also are always wonderful. Marmalade Boy holds a truly special place in my heart. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:26 pm
GreenLadyDragon
Marmalade Boy was one of my first mangas and continues to be one of my favorites. I was so excited when I learned Shojo Beat picked up another one of her titles. I laughed at how similar the guys in Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac looked. Did anyone else notice that?

Same here.
My first manga series as well.
I never got to read Ultra Maniac though so I wouldn't know ^^;

BunnyCupCakes

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm
Marmalade Boy was the first manga I ever bought. It holds a special place in my own heart. But I love Ultra Maniac, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:33 pm
BunnyCupCakes
Same here.
My first manga series as well.
I never got to read Ultra Maniac though so I wouldn't know ^^;

You should give Ultra Maniac a read, it's shorter than Marmalade boy, but still worth it.  

Bobby Lauren Taylor

narusy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:44 am
I think I like Ultra Maniac, i read the whole series in 3 days, it's one of my favourites!  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:48 pm
I'd say UltraManiac because that is the only manga that I've read from this author. It's awesome, too! whee  

Mezancholy

lilxclusive1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:56 pm
I've never read her works but I'd like to.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 am
I like Yoshizumi sans works a lot <33 Marmalade Boy was one of the first series I ever bought lol. Ultra Maniac was really fun too~ especially when they all grew in the end! Hirokiiiiii~~~ heart heart I nearly fainted when I saw how handsome he'd become *_*  

B u m i-c h a n

mewmewmanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:42 pm
I absolutely adore everything she does!! Marmalade Boy was so great from beginning to end! I never cry about mangas, but i was practically bawling reading that one!! Ultra Maniac was great too!! It was different mood because it was much more fun. It was also a little more junior high. Not that it was immature, but the issues were different. But I loved how well she portrayed the innocence that we have at that age!! She is a really great manga-ka because of the fact that she really gets her characters!! love her!! heart  
.: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games