candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:57 pm
Well the first official "Monthly Collectables" have been released, I consider everything else donation items myself. I think this was a sad step for the admins after just changing the name to monthly collectables. Their was already hype about how the name change would effect the items in a negative way, and that deffinatly seems to be the case.

Im realy not a fan of either, I found one good use for the monkey and Ill never wear that outfit again so meh.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:50 pm
The UFO is humongous and I hate it. The monkey, however, shows great potential as an alternative to a parrot when going for an avatar of a more nautically roguish bent.

Yarr. pirate  

Lucca Ashtear

Raech is Outrageous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 pm
I like the monkey.
The ufo is okay... the baby alien is cute
But I can see how the items might suck for you if you're not into 'cute' or ufo's...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:36 pm
I don't know.... I don't really like the new MCs....
though the monkey is pretty cute, still
debating to get them or not...

<33  

VaVahVoom

Dapper Citizen

laFred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:45 pm
Monthly Collectible. Why mess with a good thing?

The monkey is... cute, but I wouldn't buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:22 pm
I love the UFO. More specifically, the baby alien and headphone poses.
I hate the monkey.  

Tokimons

Qwannah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:47 pm
I believe both items stinks. =/ The monkey is just a thing like the KiKi Kitty. Everyone wants them so they will sell it more. The UFO is mainly just for the guys to have something not-so-cute... =/  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:46 pm
Ehhh. When the new items came out my initial reaction was to yell "Boo earns" at my computer screen...but after a little while they've kind of grown on me.
I just love seeing how some people in the AT have taken items that at first were fairly disliked by quite a few...and made them look decent. Plus, some of the poses for both the items are neat.

I really really miss the days when the items didn't have to grow on me though...It would be nice to open a letter again and be ecstatic.

Whirrr.CLicK

Dapper Codger

Plaid_Panda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:09 pm
Miss Ashy
I love the UFO. More specifically, the baby alien and headphone poses.
I hate the monkey.
what does the headphone pose look like?I have yet to see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:08 pm
I love the new MC!  

Imperial Shockies

Man-Lover

fluff monster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:13 pm
    i think that both are okay..
    i like the ufo because of its freer [temporary sad ] mobility in towns & the headphone pose, but that's about it.
    & i've yet to buy a momo, so i can't really give my opinion on that.

as for the name change, i'm not fond of it, but whatever, life goes on. i shall insist on calling them donation items for the rest of my gaian life, though.
    mc = menstrual cramps
    mrgreen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:51 am
they're both icky. but I think 90% of the 2006 items are icky  

Katsup

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:22 am
Katsup
they're both icky. but I think 90% of the 2006 items are icky

Pretty Much.
Its quite sad that I realy no longer use donation items, they just kinda sit in my inventory and look nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:46 pm
Donation or.. these.. monthly collectable items are just vending toys now. Though Gaia is trying hard to make all the items nowadays to be more flexible in how you can wear them- I liked it more when they put more thought into the items. The designs and usage were more practical.  

Neko Pon Pon

Svetlano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:55 pm
Fanta5y
Donation or.. these.. monthly collectable items are just vending toys now. Though Gaia is trying hard to make all the items nowadays to be more flexible in how you can wear them- I liked it more when they put more thought into the items. The designs and usage were more practical.

I agree most times they are just used to get gold and not to enjoy. I think sometimes they think to hard on these items. Look at the items that are good like the Golden Laurels and the Horns of the Demon. There both very simple with two poses look at the new ones and its like a UFO that you can make into a baby then fly in it then let it abduct you. WTF?

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games