Reply The Official Australian Guild
Homework Help and General Schoolishness! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boffins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:35 am
Well from what I gather most of us are still in school or have advanced to Uni to continue with the education.
With these institutions comes homework and all sorts of boring stuff. So here is a thread to request help of your fellow gaians or just have a whinge about it all.

Anyone that needs help can just post and i'll try and keep the help box updated. Anyone that can help should contact the person asap.
Mods, just the usual request from me to help it kept all updated like if it gets hectic...

I admit, this is a tad selfishly created as I am in dire need of help....
But i'll get to that in the next post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 am
OMG ARG I NEED HELP!

The box for the help askingness!

Quote:
For my Society and Culture P.I.P I am focusing on blogs. All kinds, whether it is the common Livejournal, Xange etc to the journals on DA or on a personal website. They are all versions of a blog.
I have no questions yet, but I am well aware that a lot of people who have blogs have a story involving themselves or others which have caused issues.
So I'm asking if anyone will share their stories with me. Any dramas caused over a blog or trust being broken, any example of the abuse of a blog.
Even if you don't have a blog, please do it. It helps with statistics.

Help? Survey! << It's there just hard to see the link!

Boffins

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:53 am
HOMG ROFL.

I mean. I still have an Extension History Assignment to do....but I'm too lazy. Holidays will help it along. :3
Hmm, not much else to b***h about really. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:57 am
Stop with your Roffeling! Tis not allowed! This is an educational thingy!  

Boffins

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:30 am
I just thougt it had to be done. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:56 am
domokun i just finished school for the term!!! 12 assignments and 4 exams..year 12 is my byotch!!!!  

n00dlez0rz

Triste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:04 am
Chrissie-T
For my Society and Culture P.I.P I am focusing on blogs. All kinds, whether it is the common Livejournal, Xange etc to the journals on DA or on a personal website. They are all versions of a blog.
I have no questions yet, but I am well aware that a lot of people who have blogs have a story involving themselves or others which have caused issues.
So I'm asking if anyone will share their stories with me. Any dramas caused over a blog or trust being broken, any example of the abuse of a blog.

Yeah, I had some trouble with my gf once. Has to do with past loves and all that crap. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:02 am
Trieste
Chrissie-T

Yeah, I had some trouble with my gf once. Has to do with past loves and all that crap. xp

Details chicken! Anything can help me!  

Boffins

Triste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:05 am
Chicken...? sweatdrop

I fell in love with someone five years ago. I lost contact with her four years ago, and started going out with my current gf a year afterwards. After three years of us going together, she suddenly contacted me out of the blue.

Not that it's made me leave her (or even contemplate such a thing), but I did make a song which sort of made her quite upset about it.

She posted her feelings on that on her last blog entry. Hasn't made any entries ever since, but we're still doing well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:24 pm
Stupid pi and sigma bonds!!! Can anyone explain hybridisation to me??? Wellzy?? crying  

Chemical_Kitten

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:03 pm
Chemical_Kitten
Stupid pi and sigma bonds!!! Can anyone explain hybridisation to me??? Wellzy?? crying

Hybridisation is nast, nasty nasty nasty. And yet in some instances surprisingly simple. biggrin

TO understand the difference between pi and sigma bonds, you do understand tha basic principal of hybridisation, yes? In this case, I'll refer to sp hybridisations. You have your basic nodal shape. Now, a sigma bond is when a node bonds to another node along the internuclear axis. So, if you draw a line through the centre, where all the nuclei should be, you will also run through the over-laps of the nodes. This is much easier if you visualise it. sweatdrop

A pi bond is of course, the opposite. The nodes overlap in a side-on manner, and aren't in like the with internuclear axis.

Did that help? That so didn't help did it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:09 pm
Fear my harcore paint skills!

User Image  

WellzY
Crew

Chemical_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:15 pm
Thanks Wellzy, I love your pictures!! heart

I'm looking at it, and I just don't get all the node stuff. The MO stuff just confuses me. I mean, you've got bonding pairs and non-bonding pairs in the sigma bond stuff and I just don't get it. Why would you have non-bonding pairs in a bond? Don't "non-bonding" mean that they don't bond?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:39 pm
Chemical_Kitten

I'm looking at it, and I just don't get all the node stuff. The MO stuff just confuses me. I mean, you've got bonding pairs and non-bonding pairs in the sigma bond stuff and I just don't get it. Why would you have non-bonding pairs in a bond? Don't "non-bonding" mean that they don't bond?

Well, you have been tought about the shape of the s subshells and the p subshells yes? The VSEPR Theory bases bonding observations on the shape of such subshells, and hybrid subshells help to explain how certain elements bond in molecules that can't be explain by the... other theory. xd

I think I need pictures again for this.

Nope, I've lost myself. Do you need help now? I'm trying to do biology study at the moment, but I could help you on MSN later.  

WellzY
Crew

Chemical_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:46 pm
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

Well, you have been tought about the shape of the s subshells and the p subshells yes? The VSEPR Theory bases bonding observations on the shape of such subshells, and hybrid subshells help to explain how certain elements bond in molecules that can't be explain by the... other theory. xd

I think I need pictures again for this.

Nope, I've lost myself. Do you need help now? I'm trying to do biology study at the moment, but I could help you on MSN later.
Thanks for all your help, I'm so confused by it all. I can wait if you want to study for biol, I can't expect you to drop everything for my problems. Thanks for all your help heart .  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff