Submit

Christian?
  Yay!
  No way!
  Eh......
View Results

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:43 am
I know that this is long, but please read it. This was amazing.

Last night, I went to the Kutless concert. (Part of the Hearts of the Innocent tour) As some of you may not know, Kutless is a Christian rock band, along with the three other bands that were there. (Run Kid Run, Disciple, and Red) I went with my youth group from my Protestant church. Most of the people in the youth group are Christian, exept for a select few. Me, and two of my friends. (I'm Wiccan, and they are Athiest)

We were at the concert, rockin out, (sadly not in the mosh pit though. Yeah, mosh pit at a Christian rock concert. Pretty sweet, huh?) and after Disciple played their last song, the lead singer read a few verses from the Bible, and then started talking about believing in God and in Jesus. He said that today was the day to do all the s**t you feel you still need to do, and that if you've made a lot of mistakes in your life, and you were filled with sin, that today was the day to repent and rid yourself of everything. Just to fill your life with Jesus. I, unlike my two other non-Christian friends there, I actually listen to anything about any type of spirituality. I am obsessed with everything of that nature. Anyway, when he was almost finished with his little speechy thingy, he told everyone to stand up and to raise their hand if they had sinned and wanted to be forgiven. If they wanted to clean themselves from their past. If they wanted to leave tonight a changed person. The first time he said it, I really wanted to raise my hand, but was way to embarassed. Then he said that it doesn't matter if your hand feels like it weighs fifty pounds right now, if you want to change you need to raise your hand. I was reluctant, but I did. Something he had said before, just touched me in such a way, that I wanted to start again with Jesus in my life and in my heart. It was really strange. Anyways, he told us to join hands with the people next to us, and to pray with him. As he was praying, something just clicked. I realized that my life was s**t and it needed to change. I just broke down crying and asking God for forgivness(not out lound. Sorry. Not that wierd.)

I felt so bad though because my friend (the Athiest one) was standing next to me, and it totally took her by surprise. When she saw that I was crying, she just stood there with me and hugged me, and I felt to bad because this wasn't her thing at all, and it was almost like I was dragging her into it. I don't know. Mabey not, but thats the way I felt. Anyways, after that, the guy also said that if we felt we needed to make a clean start, to go out the doors on the side of the theatre and there were people out there that were going to talk to us and pray with us and help us. I decided that it would probably be a good idea, so I went. This lady, I don't even know her name, came over to me and just started praying with me, and asking God to forgive me for all the stuff that I've done.

It was just amazing. It was almost like this humongus weight being lifted off of my shoulders and off of my heart. I swear I could feel it. Then she gave a book of the New Testament. I don't think I'm going to read the whole thing, but I'll try. I'm really sorry if I sound like a freak. And that this is so long. I just was wondering if anyone has ever had the same kind of expiriance. Oh, and if you've actually read the whole thing down to here, you have an amazing attention span.
wink

~ heart ~Livia~ heart ~  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:41 am
Corpse_Bride_131
I know that this is long, but please read it. This was amazing.

Last night, I went to the Kutless concert. (Part of the Hearts of the Innocent tour) As some of you may not know, Kutless is a Christian rock band, along with the three other bands that were there. (Run Kid Run, Disciple, and Red) I went with my youth group from my Protestant church. Most of the people in the youth group are Christian, exept for a select few. Me, and two of my friends. (I'm Wiccan, and they are Athiest) We were at the concert, rockin out, (sadly not in the mosh pit though. Yeah, mosh pit at a Christian rock concert. Pretty sweet, huh?) and after Disciple played their last song, the lead singer read a few verses from the Bible, and then started talking about believing in God and in Jesus. He said that today was the day to do all the s**t you feel you still need to do, and that if you've made a lot of mistakes in your life, and you were filled with sin, that today was the day to repent and rid yourself of everything. Just to fill your life with Jesus. I, unlike my two other non-Christian friends there, I actually listen to anything about any type of spirituality. I am obsessed with everything of that nature. Anyway, when he was almost finished with his little speechy thingy, he told everyone to stand up and to raise their hand if they had sinned and wanted to be forgiven. If they wanted to clean themselves from their past. If they wanted to leave tonight a changed person. The first time he said it, I really wanted to raise my hand, but was way to embarassed. Then he said that it doesn't matter if your hand feels like it weighs fifty pounds right now, if you want to change you need to raise your hand. I was reluctant, but I did. Something he had said before, just touched me in such a way, that I wanted to start again with Jesus in my life and in my heart. It was really strange. Anyways, he told us to join hands with the people next to us, and to pray with him. As he was praying, something just clicked. I realized that my life was s**t and it needed to change. I just broke down crying and asking God for forgivness(not out lound. Sorry. Not that wierd.) I felt so bad though because my friend (the Athiest one) was standing next to me, and it totally took her by surprise. When she saw that I was crying, she just stood there with me and hugged me, and I felt to bad because this wasn't her thing at all, and it was almost like I was dragging her into it. I don't know. Mabey not, but thats the way I felt. Anyways, after that, the guy also said that if we felt we needed to make a clean start, to go out the doors on the side of the theatre and there were people out there that were going to talk to us and pray with us and help us. I decided that it would probably be a good idea, so I went. This lady, I don't even know her name, came over to me and just started praying with me, and asking God to forgive me for all the stuff that I've done. It was just amazing. It was almost like this humongus weight being lifted off of my shoulders and off of my heart. I swear I could feel it. Then she gave a book of the New Testament. I don't think I'm going to read the whole thing, but I'll try. I'm really sorry if I sound like a freak. And that this is so long. I just was wondering if anyone has ever had the same kind of expiriance. Oh, and if you've actually read the whole thing down to here, you have an amazing attention span. wink

~ heart ~Livia~ heart ~
Took me few minutes but I read it.

3nodding
I've never had that feeling.
I've felt relief but I didn't cry if that's what your asking people.
Actually I've done so much horrible crap in my life I should really get rid of it all.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:57 am
You definatly should. It feels amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:16 am
Corpse_Bride_131
You definatly should. It feels amazing.
I'll get around to it.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:41 am
My experience wasn't exactly like that.

But I did break down crying.

I was raised in the church, but I always thought to myself, "Oh I have time to be baptized" and things of that nature. I never really looked at it as something too serious.

But one weekend when I was 13, we went to a youth retreat thing in Canada. It was really fun and uplifting. We all had a great time.

I bought a cd there that was a compilation of a lot of the praise songs we sung there. Ironically enough, I don't listen to - or even have - it anymore.

When I came home that Sunday, I was sitting at home alone listening to it while playing some computer game. I don't even remember the name of the song, or what the lyrics were.

But suddenly, the reality that I had been the one to kill Jesus because of my sin hit me. I just started crying right there. My parents came home, and I was still crying. When they asked me what was wrong, I told them that I knew that that night was the time for me to be baptized. So at worship services that night I went forward and gave my life over to Christ.

What was pretty awesome was that before we went that night my dad had a talk with me. He basically wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. He didn't want me getting baptized because "the Bible says so" or because I was scared to go to hell. He wanted to make sure I understood that once I did this, that I'd be living a new life and that I didn't just "get wet". And then that night the lesson that was preached was along the same lines as what my father had discussed with me. So I knew my decision was being made at the right time.

That's my experience.

3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:31 pm
I've also had this sort of experience.

I was at a Christian youth camp (we get to stay on the college campus for anentire week!!!). anway, I felt that it was time to get rid of all of my burdens and wights that I had placed on my heart. So, i did. i know exactly what you mean about feeling free.

.+Melanthios+.

sk_cooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:48 pm
That's why I LOVE Disciple. The guy doesn't care if people thinks he's dumb he is GOING to tell people about God. Welcome to teh family of God! If you like that type of music you should check out Skillet. they rock too! Um...an I need you God breakdown....yeah that happens a lot. I was at a kutless concert and when he sang hearts of the innocent it reminded me how much I need God cause of my life. And during worship at church all the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:10 pm
sk_cooper
That's why I LOVE Disciple. The guy doesn't care if people thinks he's dumb he is GOING to tell people about God. Welcome to teh family of God! If you like that type of music you should check out Skillet. they rock too! Um...an I need you God breakdown....yeah that happens a lot. I was at a kutless concert and when he sang hearts of the innocent it reminded me how much I need God cause of my life. And during worship at church all the time.
omg! i got the cutest disciple shirt last night. the guy is like, the coolest person in the world to me, now.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:32 pm
I actually got kind of sad when I read this. I hate it when someone 'converts' to Christianity. It seems a bit like brainwashing when someone else convinces you to believe something, which is why I dislike churches. Besides, Christianity today has become such an evil thing in so many ways that I hate to see more power given to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:35 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
I actually got kind of sad when I read this. I hate it when someone 'converts' to Christianity. It seems a bit like brainwashing when someone else convinces you to believe something, which is why I dislike churches. Besides, Christianity today has become such an evil thing in so many ways that I hate to see more power given to it.

Christianity isn't evil. While some churches have agendas (such as the Catholic church), the faith itself is as pure as any other religion.  

GilAskan
Crew

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:39 pm
GilAskan
Dragonfire_Goddess

Christianity isn't evil. While some churches have agendas (such as the Catholic church), the faith itself is as pure as any other religion.

Actually, I wouldn't single Christianity out from other organized religions. I think they've all become evil to some extent, which is sad, since most of the ideals they supposedly teach are good lessons to live your life by.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:39 pm
hey! no religion bashing! there are threads for that!!! GET OUT!!!!!  

Corpse_Bride_131

N.Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:45 pm
Livia, I'm glad you found such deep meaning in your concert the other night. Sometimes it takes something simple to make us realize an entire world of meaning.

As for the last few posts, I can't help but agree, though in a different way. I have no problem with any religion until they try to force their beliefs on me. Organized religion is a little wacky (to say the least), but if it means something to you, who am I to say it's wrong? Just don't tell me I'm wrong, then, either...

smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:48 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
hey! no religion bashing! there are threads for that!!! GET OUT!!!!!

Actually, I was posting my opinion. It happens to be different from yours. You're going to meet millions of people who disagree with you on one point or another, and since I didn't insult you directly or express my opinion in a forceful or nasty way, I believe I'm within my rights.  

Dragonfire Goddess

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:16 pm
GilAskan
Dragonfire_Goddess

Agreed.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces