i 'unno...POLL! :P
View Results

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:51 pm
I am aware that I am not the only one that suffers from a large lack of confidence in myself, and that's why I always tend to beat myself up.

I sometimes believe that I'm not kewl enough to have friends like mine, and I sometimes don't have the guts to walk alone home in the way i normally dressed just in case people laugh at me and hurt my self esteem. Mind you, not that they can hurt it anymore that it is.

Most of this is related to my childhood, therefore it's not easy to clear it up unlike if it were more recent cases of bullying. Sometimes it can get me so down, I end up thinking about suicide, or self harming. My girlfriend has stopped me doing this, and my friends help me cheer up, but i can't help but think I'm missing a more valuable part to life that i need to be assertive and put a spine in my back.

I was just wondering, has anyone got any tips for boosting low self-esteem?? I'm just worried that instead of getting better, I'm always going to be blaming everything on myself for the rest of my life, and then becoming more depressed when people hate me for it. If i don't raise it now, it'll be bad for my health....

I'm sorry, I don't mean to whine like this...Dx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:53 pm

I know what you mean hun
but it happens

cagalli yula atha

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:18 pm
yeah it happens. just gotot pick yerself back up and keep going. the past is the pst. thats how i learned  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:39 pm
I have this whole, "I'm worthless and don't deserve to be treated with any respect at all " phase that I've been working on getting over. I'm a lot better off than I was, but it still gets to me from time to time. Theropy helps if you find the right people. I lucked out on that. sweatdrop  

TheWitchGotRobin

Abject_Abomination

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:12 am
I've never had a problem with that, and i think its because i literally dont care what people think. With what you were saying before it sounded like you were really worried about what people think of you, you just need to wake up every morning, look in the mirror and (wether you feel it or not) say 'this is how i look this is how i feel, screw the world.' sweatdrop it works for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:48 am
Therapy worked for me. But again, like touch_me said, the 'screw the world' tactic works. ^^  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:13 pm
Meditate. It doesn't help when you're out of it, like when you're really depressed, but it helps overall.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:44 am
The Copyright
Meditate. It doesn't help when you're out of it, like when you're really depressed, but it helps overall.

Indeed, I agree completely.  

Oterys

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:45 pm
honestly, just think about it all these people who see you ot say anything wouldnt even remember you the next day, chances are they wont even see you again, so i see no reason at all to be that insecure. life goes on no matter what you do good or bad, so basically just ignore it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:47 pm
I know exactly how you feel, but in a different sort of way. I am constantly worrying over little things, but I can't help it, thats just how I am. And if it comes to a certain extent to how I worry, I start to get depressed, I beat myself up, I cry real hard, I always let my friends know whats wrong when I'm upset. I bet you anything it's bad for my health, If I'm always thinking negative, I'm going to have a bad amune system and I'll live a lot shorter life span..... GOSH!!!!! I better start thinking positive. I wanna live longer. eek crying  

Black Mage Meifa

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:49 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

It happens every now and then, just have to deal with it the best way you can ^^

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:14 am
o.O Y u k i O.o
honestly, just think about it all these people who see you ot say anything wouldnt even remember you the next day, chances are they wont even see you again, so i see no reason at all to be that insecure. life goes on no matter what you do good or bad, so basically just ignore it.

Hey, just realised that i actually got 11 replies! Hoorah!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try them out really soon! I've just been tied down to my exams recently (I still have them).

But about this comment, sadly, I see the same people everyday at my school, or even outside school. It's the same people who make fun of me all the time.

-sighs-

-__-;; I miss being able to go out without having people beating you to a pulp....

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:17 am
Black Mage Meifa
I know exactly how you feel, but in a different sort of way. I am constantly worrying over little things, but I can't help it, thats just how I am. And if it comes to a certain extent to how I worry, I start to get depressed, I beat myself up, I cry real hard, I always let my friends know whats wrong when I'm upset. I bet you anything it's bad for my health, If I'm always thinking negative, I'm going to have a bad amune system and I'll live a lot shorter life span..... GOSH!!!!! I better start thinking positive. I wanna live longer. eek crying

Aw! I wouldn't worry about that! razz

well, i know it must be bad for your health, but...hell, I comfort eat a lot, yet I have a fast metabolism, so i burn off the extra weight without lifting a finger. >__<;;

...which comes to one of my other questions...where is the immune system and how does it work? Hrm....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:20 am
touch_me_and_u_die
I've never had a problem with that, and i think its because i literally dont care what people think. With what you were saying before it sounded like you were really worried about what people think of you, you just need to wake up every morning, look in the mirror and (wether you feel it or not) say 'this is how i look this is how i feel, screw the world.' sweatdrop it works for me.

kewl, I'll try it. ^___^;;

Mind you, it's hard to say that when I'm irratable in the morning...I say something to my reflection, it growls back at me. O.O;

Oh, hey, can I ask? Are you in a one on one RP with either yamyams or X~XCammiX~X????

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items