Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold for you.
  lawlz thankz. :D
View Results

The Shadow Puppet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:52 pm
So obviously clothing plays a big part in the goth subculture and image. My question is if anyone could recommend a nice place, preferably a website, to buy goth styled clothes. I know about hot topic, over the edge, and ebay. The first too are usually far too expensive for me.

I live in a rap-fixated area of Pennsylvania, so if you were to point me towards a tangible store, I'm sure it would be nowhere near me. I'm just looking for websites.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this... breaks the rules or anything like that... o_o; I just though there must be someone on here with some recommendations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:55 pm
Hot topic belts are 20-30 a piece. I heard you can get them at target or something for 5-10 a piece. I just googled Gothic Clothing and came upon http://www.dracinabox.com. It really depends where you live though.  

Vampire-Elf of the Void

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:04 pm
Cool sites:

Dollflesh Clothing

Sinister Candy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:42 pm
I'm of the thought that goth attire is not something you buy, but something you create. It's not necessarily a literal creation, like making a jacket. Rather, you can buy a cheap jacket that you like and 'make it your own,' you know? It's an expression of the inner self. Do you think Siouxsie, Robert Smith, and Peter Murphy shopped at a Goths-R-Us? These are my current thoughts on the issue. So where to find a store that's reasonably priced? Try thift shops and places with a load of sales.  

Clash of Vision

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:42 pm
Some things are relatively hard to self-produce.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:50 am
Clash of Vision
Try thift shops and places with a load of sales.
That is what I would prefer to do, but there are little to no thrift stores in my area. I've only been to one whilst on vacation- and modified lots of the clothes I got from it.  

The Shadow Puppet

Dances With Homosexuals

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 am
I'm of the thought that you modify/alter clothing yourself as to make it your own. I know that a lot of the stuff I own I will never find anywhere else, because it is unique to me.

Anyways, here is a site that someone made and compiled a bunch of sites that they liked. I've found a lot of stuff on there that I have purchased. A lot of Victorian and Edwardian clothing, as well as some punk-goth, emo-goth, modern-goth, vampire-goth, and a few other styles as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:26 am
The PX(no sales tax is good) if you have an "in" if not try and find a civil store that sells army stuff and the mod it to your liking.

Like steel toed jump boots cool  

TheKeeperOfLostCatSouls

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:00 am
Clash of Vision
I'm of the thought that goth attire is not something you buy, but something you create. It's not necessarily a literal creation, like making a jacket. Rather, you can buy a cheap jacket that you like and 'make it your own,' you know? It's an expression of the inner self. Do you think Siouxsie, Robert Smith, and Peter Murphy shopped at a Goths-R-Us? These are my current thoughts on the issue. So where to find a store that's reasonably priced? Try thift shops and places with a load of sales.

I know a lot of goths make or customize their own clothes, but I know I'm a disaster with a needle and thread, and I'm probably not the only one. Some of us need to buy our clothes because we don't have the skills to make them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:22 am
I apologize if by 'make it your own' you thought modifications, though that is another thing people can do. redface You can modify anything with enough creativity. Clothing need not be modified from the outside really, but rather from the inside - from the self. It's all in how you wear something, or the expression of the self. Another way to say it: how you sport it. Look what Siouxsie and Robert Smith wore. You could probably find some random bystander wearing the same outfit, but look and feel completely different. It's all in how you wear something. It's the groove, or whatever.  

Clash of Vision

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:26 pm
I like the modification ideas, and I also wait for really good sales at department stores. There'll usually be some useable items anywhere. I went to target and Kohl's yesterday morning, and while there were good sales (I got some jeans for $13) NEVER AGAIN. I spent more time in line than shopping. gonk Also, I have a friend that made fully funtional boots out of duct tape. It was pretty darn wicked. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:10 pm
Clash of Vision
Try thift shops and places with a load of sales.

Thrift stores are GOD hahaha I love em. I'm always making my clothing so I love getting stuff cheap!  

Lady Detarra

Librra

High-functioning Spook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:24 pm
Walmart!! i know what your thinking but its a good place to shop for cheap. For one if you buy your clothing there you can just costumize it after wards.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:24 pm
Thrift stores (like Salvation Army) and surplus stores (like Syms) are great places to look. The BEST source for CHEAP clothes I've ever found was an old theater. Some local theaters will sell old costumes from previous productions, and you'll find some of the best stuff there.

If you want actual links to websites, you'll have to tell me what sort of goth-fashion you're into. Cybergoth? Classic goth? Romantigoth (Victorian)? Et' Cetera.  

GilAskan
Crew

Avalon Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:20 pm
Walmart, Goodwill, Chains (you can find these anywhere) and have fun at least thats what I do. don't have the money for store stuff  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff