View Results

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:09 am
Can I make one damn comment in a forum without a bunch of kids flaming at me for nothing? It's fine if it's just one kid, but recently it's been more and more and tonight I have just simply had enough.

It would seem that the smarter-than-thou assholes and little shits of children have spread from the Gaming forums to the rest of the site. Even in Extended Discussion where maturety is an unwritten prerequisite.

I am quite disenchanted with Gaia right now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:58 am
Very true, I hate it when people get up in my face like they know everything, and all they do is make ignorant posts based on stereotypes and generalizations, or worse, Bible quotes. Then again sometimes I'm the one shutting down noobish posts in the ED when they're really really stupid, like in the abortion thread when people come in and they're like "ZOMG YOU EVIL SLUTS STOP KILLIN TEH BABEEZ! TEH BIBLE SAYZ ABORSHIN IS TEH EVILNESS!" Then I have to step in and say something.  

Freedom Fire

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 am
Give any website long enough and it will be saturated with those kinds of people...
but if you wish to avoid that immaturity, the guilds are usually much more controlled... and/or you can also just PM your friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:18 am
the world is full of assholes, what can you do?

Hel Daughter of Loki

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:22 am
die, kill, or learn to cope. all you can do is be thankful you know better and hope they will learn...someday stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:00 pm
spooky_sez
It would seem that the smarter-than-thou assholes and little shits of children have spread from the Gaming forums to the rest of the site. Even in Extended Discussion where maturety is an unwritten prerequisite.

Tell me about it!

I don't check the ED much lately. For a long time people have been talking past each other and posting the same arguments ad nauseum, no matter what the other side of the debate is saying. I get the sense that despite all their research and l33t-free posts, they're not reading anyone else's.

But last month I stuck my head in there because the GD was getting insane (more so than usual, that is). What I saw really appalled me. Two 'Give me Gold!' threads, one 'I wanna cyber joo!' thread, and even a post where some chick had taken a dump and posted a picture of the turds in her toilet. gonk  

Veruniel
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:00 pm
Freedom Fire
Very true, I hate it when people get up in my face like they know everything, and all they do is make ignorant posts based on stereotypes and generalizations, or worse, Bible quotes. Then again sometimes I'm the one shutting down noobish posts in the ED when they're really really stupid, like in the abortion thread when people come in and they're like "ZOMG YOU EVIL SLUTS STOP KILLIN TEH BABEEZ! TEH BIBLE SAYZ ABORSHIN IS TEH EVILNESS!" Then I have to step in and say something.

I have the same problem when people talk about how rape victims deserve it, or mental illnesses are fake deseases, or all men/women suck. I used to get into a froth when people started hurling insults, but after a while I figured it was better to roll my eyes and just click the back button.

I rarely go into the discussion forums anymore. There's no way you'll convince extremists that they're spewing tripe, and I don't want to sound like one myself.

What's better, I wonder? Fighting for some idealistic cause at the risk of looking like an insane flamer, or keeping your dignity but not addressing other peoples' misconceptions?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:06 pm
The Copyright
die, kill, or learn to cope. all you can do is be thankful you know better and hope they will learn...someday stressed

Ditto  

Corpse_Bride_131

Avalon Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:24 pm
Ignore it. Go into parts of town that are less reputable. Course I live in the ghetto so not many people have the nerve to say stupid stuff like that bc of the fear of being shot multiple times through the head... Yes I like my neighborhood  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:02 am
The Copyright

Dragonfire Goddess

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 am
I would not even post on Gaia anymore, except two of my favorite message boards closed down. Now it is best to stick with guilds or PMs, which is rather silly.

(This exact thing was being said two years ago. I honestly do not know how people can stand it.)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:53 am
id thought i be random and say im sleepy  

Circus Freaks

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:56 am
gothica_emo
id thought i be random and say im sleepy

You know, you really are not helping things.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:34 am
spooky_sez
Can I make one damn comment in a forum without a bunch of kids flaming at me for nothing? It's fine if it's just one kid, but recently it's been more and more and tonight I have just simply had enough.

I am quite disenchanted with Gaia right now.

But that's what WEEE're here for, hon! heart heart  

Athiel

grotesquekreeple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Mina Lilith
the world is full of assholes, what can you do?
Meet them in person, prove they are ignorant and unworthy of having a voice box, then enjoy the rest of your party or gathering w/o thier consulting your life.

NOTE: This works exceptionally well with relatives wink  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces