Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Harry Potter Without The Magic? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RJ Hazelwood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:27 am
Would you still like Harry Potter without the magic? Imagine the books in a non-magical way, and tell me what you think. What if Harry were an orphan who lived with evil relatives, but just got sent away to a fun (but non-magical) boarding school. Dumbledore's just a cool old headmaster, and Voldemort is the criminal who killed Harry's parents and is still after him. There would still be adventures and surprises, but only in a "normal" way.

Would it be as fun? Would anyone still read it? I'm just curious if the story itself is what makes it so fun, or if it's all the quirky, magical stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:41 pm
It might still be a good series.
Really that sounds like alot of other kids books I've read that don't have magic in them though. I don't really know how you would be able to make some parts fit though if there was no magic.  

Fleur Evette

covo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:02 pm
I would still read it for the drama.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:09 pm
Fleur JulizzeD
It might still be a good series.
Really that sounds like alot of other kids books I've read that don't have magic in them though. I don't really know how you would be able to make some parts fit though if there was no magic.

Yeah, you couldn't do the connection between Voldemort, and it's hard to see him as much of a threat with no powers. There have been other, similar book, though, so maybe it could work.  

RJ Hazelwood

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:30 pm
Hmmmm, it might work, but there would be more focus on the characters individual lives, then.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:09 am
It sounds more like a common book, with some differences. Including the rumours about teachers can't seem to hold that Society Class for very long. (I doubt that selfdefense-class would qualify for a normal boarding school)

You could mostly count me out, since school-life isn't too intresting reading
about, unless it is very different from those in west.  

Fiyun

Numai Outcast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:30 pm
i would still read it if it was just 'normal' but i am not so sure...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:53 pm
I might have thought differently before I started loving the Harry Potter series.
Now, I don't know what I would do without the world of magic. I would have to say I would not like it as much at all.
Come on, you must also wish such a world existed...
(Or maybe it does. xD)
ninja

This.Is.Jezebel.In.Hell

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:04 am
It'd be boring. Even if we can live without the actual characters performing magic, what about all the other stuff? Every part of the story is based on some magical element.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:19 am
it might work......who knows!!  

Takarakoten

LoveSnivellus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:09 pm
it would suck... lol ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:55 pm
lol yeah you know, now that i think about it i think it would still be a great even without the magic.  

MysticKoi

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:01 pm
it might be cool but not as cool as harry potter with magic  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:58 pm
Chris Superstar
Would you still like Harry Potter without the magic? Imagine the books in a non-magical way, and tell me what you think. What if Harry were an orphan who lived with evil relatives, but just got sent away to a fun (but non-magical) boarding school. Dumbledore's just a cool old headmaster, and Voldemort is the criminal who killed Harry's parents and is still after him. There would still be adventures and surprises, but only in a "normal" way.

Would it be as fun? Would anyone still read it? I'm just curious if the story itself is what makes it so fun, or if it's all the quirky, magical stuff.

i dont know..Harry Potter without magic?? thats like life without air. it just wouldnt be the same!  

guy_lover_450

sparky102

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 am
no way it wouldn't be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items