Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Lee's Christmas scarves- new scarves on page 3...gaian Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:41 pm
Normally I would put this in the show and tell, but I didn't want sitck so many pix in there and not worn people.

first up is my teddy modeling my first Christmas scarf.
this scarf is for a huge Sephiroth fan girl (see Final Fantasy 7) so I made it out of Angel hair yarn (the name was what really sold it xd ) and I knitted in a gold wedding band and one wing into one of the ends.
User Image
User Image

after I made this, I really liked it and wanted to make one for myself...I made it like 7 week's before Christmas I can do that, but I really didn't want to do so much weeving so I just knitted half of it the white with black and the other the black with white, so its like a Ying Yang scarf and I really like it.
User Image
User Image

this one is going to be for my Mother, she's on this p!nk kick the past couple of months, so I made this one out of pink angel hair, but in pink, and some of a dark gray yarn that my boss gave me, and put together they make a very soft scar. crapy pic I know, but I really can't afored to pay my modle to make another house call so soon.
User Image

this scarf is for my best friends little sister, she is a huge Demyx fan, (see Kingdom Hearts 2) Demyx can controle water so I tryed to make this scarf look as much like knitted water as I could.
the fun fur looked better in my head than it dose on the scarf, but I think it's still a fun scarf.
User Image

this scarf is going to be for my aunt who will be spending Christmas with us, she wears earthy stuff... so I thought this looked right, and it took me all of two days to knit so why not.
User Image
User Image

coments are loved. heart
note that all but one of these scarves were knitted infront of the person they are for... the great part about being me, I knit so much than my friends have stoped asking me what I'm making, so they don't have a clue. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:46 pm
I absolutely LOVE heart heart heart the Earthy one. My friend just looked at me funny because I started squeeling and jumping in my chair!
The other's are really awesome too! I like the blue one!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:28 pm
storyfromthestars
I absolutely LOVE heart heart heart the Earthy one. My friend just looked at me funny because I started squeeling and jumping in my chair!
The other's are really awesome too! I like the blue one!

yay friends thinking your a freek!
thank you very much, I think that one came out quite nicely for having so very little forsight put into it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:33 pm
omg these are great designs lee!

and you need to look up "Real Men Knit" on youtube... i just saw it today rofl  

gemini6184

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:01 pm
OMG i think i found a fun fur scarf i don't despise too much to make. What went into it?

The one you knit for your mom is pretty...

The one you made for your auntie... I like it! Is it just 2 strands of worsted weight on bigger needles? *considers putting something similar together for somebody*

I can't say i much like the Sephiroth scarf... i think the wing is a little strange. wink But hey, she's a fangirl, i'm sure she'll love it. And you know her better then i do anyways.

And I love your teddy. he's adorable. How much does he charge? blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:10 pm
gemini6184

ok you just made my day!!!
that is so great!! and....hay! what do they mean "real men"....so what if I just found out how much a touch down is worth (6...I think) and I'm real. crying  

Lee Kushrenada

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:19 pm
Mikono
OMG i think i found a fun fur scarf i don't despise too much to make. What went into it?

The one you knit for your mom is pretty...

The one you made for your auntie... I like it! Is it just 2 strands of worsted weight on bigger needles? *considers putting something similar together for somebody*

I can't say i much like the Sephiroth scarf... i think the wing is a little strange. wink But hey, she's a fangirl, i'm sure she'll love it. And you know her better then i do anyways.

And I love your teddy. he's adorable. How much does he charge? blaugh

both the "earthy" scarf and the blue one were made with 2 strands of a yarn called 'simply soft'. (the blue one had blue fun fur obveosly) simply soft is one of those really cheep yarns that you can get anywere like wallmart and normaly I would not have got yarn like that, but a wile back when I was really broke I got some yarn of the same brand, and its one of my fav scarves, so its cheep but nice.
all of the scarves seen here are made with US 15's, I find that they make nive scarves. 3nodding
I still try and stay away from those cheep yarns, but all of the things I make comes from tips I get at my coffee shop... the tip yar really says "Lee's yarn and fabric fund" ...ok so it dose not say Lee... but it might as well. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:20 pm
*waves around a "member of lee's fan club" flag*

you did awesome.

And I was going to say that your teddybear looked like by teddy bear but then he glared at me and said that his face was rounder, he had a far more manly nose and distinctive ears, and that he had longer fluffier fur.
WubWub can be so proud sometimes.  

I be me
Vice Captain

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:45 pm
Lee Kushrenada
gemini6184

that is so great!! and....hay! what do they mean "real men"....so what if I just found out how much a touch down is worth (6...I think) and I'm real. crying
believe me football does not define a man

they mean 'real men' by men who are not afraid to be themselves 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:10 am
I be me

you did awesome.

And I was going to say that your teddybear looked like by teddy bear but then he glared at me and said that his face was rounder, he had a far more manly nose and distinctive ears, and that he had longer fluffier fur.

but did you craft that flag? o.0

yes yes, teddys can be so grumpy some times.... though I think I kind of like the idea of having them modle my stuffs.  

Lee Kushrenada

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:11 am
gemini6184
Lee Kushrenada
gemini6184

believe me football does not define a man

they mean 'real men' by men who are not afraid to be themselves 3nodding

oh trust me, I've had people try and tell me I'm not a 'real man' all my life, and to this day I still don't know what a 'real man' is. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:52 am
Den's definition of Real Men:

Real men are unafraid to be themselves, no matter how odd they may be by "Society's" standards.

*nods*

that, and REAL MEN WEAR PINK! *Snicker* LOVE that line.  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:55 am
Kanae Shin
Den's definition of Real Men:

Real men are unafraid to be themselves, no matter how odd they may be by "Society's" standards.

*nods*

that, and REAL MEN WEAR PINK! *Snicker* LOVE that line.

....... *look's dow* yay I'm wearing my pink shirt. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:04 pm
I absolutly love the water one! It's gorgeous!! heart  

bunnehdeo

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:29 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I be me

you did awesome.

but did you craft that flag? o.0

yes yes, teddys can be so grumpy some times.... though I think I kind of like the idea of having them modle my stuffs.
well up untill now the flag was immaginary.
but you asked and I was sitting next to some paper and a pen and so now there is a flag. If I had some tape I would stick it to my lamp but I don't so it is sticking out of two books on my bookshelf.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff