Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I just had to point out how wrong this is... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaynadorf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:20 pm
User Image

MISS american COED pagent... hmmm  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:56 pm
Wow... how many dumass's didn't notice that...

It's sad... eek  

Hugabaloo

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:21 am
Wow. Talk about political correctness gone amuck. Figures it would be in California too. That is one strange place (no offense intended to any Californians who read this).

Does that actually mean men and women compete against each other for the title? Does it mean drag queens are allowed in? That'd be a spectacle worth seeing. eek

dumass's dumb-asses

This is a properly formatted sentence. The first letter of a sentence is ALWAYS capitalized. A sentence always ends in a punctuation mark, usually a period, but sometimes a question mark or exclamation point. Punctuation such as the comma, the colon and the semicolon are used as sentence pausers. Never should a sentence end with one of these.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:36 pm
Wellllllll.... it's possible that they realized what they were writing, but had to be politically correct and allow transexuals into the competition as well. Doesn't mean the transexuals will actually win the competition, but this way, they can't file a lawsuit against the company and such. =P  

Ariomness

TheWindySea

Liberal Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:39 pm
Wow... Well, I am certiantly happy that at college, we don't get things like that. Just lots of bills.

But, that is scary. When I go home for Winter Break, I should ask my sister if she got something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:45 pm
[x]
Oh my goodness, it's amazing what stupidity liability issues can spark. I'm with Yami on California being a strange place; though not necessarily in a bad way.

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

Fuzzy_Bunny_of_Doom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:00 pm
Good Ol' California with all of it's political correctness. heart
That's why I love my ickle progressive state. Though that isn't to say that all of California is progressive. I mean there are the boondocks in central and exteremly northern California that can hardly be called progressive. Oh and there's the OC... rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:50 am
California is weird...one minute people are scrambling to be PC and the very next they are doing the complete opposite. Why everyone wants to come here (surely the weather cannot be THAT great that it overshadows every other negative aspect about the place) is beyond me.

Anyways, that just makes me laugh. And I concur with all of you; it would come from California. I guess that is just another way California has to be different.

But honestly, what is this? A poor attempt to gender-neutralize our language using words already in existence? Or, if males and females compete with one another, then is it seen as being a way to be that much more equal?

Whatever the case may be, it it hilarious to find such a significant typo on something like this.

splashseal

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:26 am
You'd think that the whole "Miss" thing would imply it's female, but nooo, we have to be politically correct! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 am
I also noticed that it says American, isn't it usally just Miss America?  

dark_elf

Gachetemas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:37 pm
dark_elf
I also noticed that it says American, isn't it usally just Miss America?

I think that name is taken already.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:40 am
It didn't hit me when I had just gotten the letter, but then I actually read the letter and saw what it was for. Then I found myself thinking What the hell? and so i put this image up.

I don't find California to be that weird of a place. I live in Northern California and I dont see the big whoop. It's a wonderful place to live in my opinion, but the weather here is so unpredictable. It will be hot one day and freezing the next. ninja *random ninja'd*  

Shaynadorf

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 am
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HE HE HE HA HA HA! This made me laugh so hard when I read it!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:38 pm
If only down here in my part of California we received such nonsense. If only we could stop being politically incorrect.

And you have to start wondering... If a very pretty man were to take first, would that mean that California's tastes are just a bit too strange for the rest of the world?  

Caleb Hellforge

[Mammon]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:41 pm
Vadatajs
And you have to start wondering... If a very pretty man were to take first, would that mean that California's tastes are just a bit too strange for the rest of the world?

No, Vadatajs; if a very pretty man were to take first you have to start wondering what he wore for the night gown competition and just how much waxing it took to make him look good in that dress.

I sure hope a man doesn't win, because knowing the way fashion trends are going this would mean that tiaras will become this season's newest accessory for men. And, speaking as someone with a shaved head, I really don't want to have to go around wearing a scratchy, diamond studded tiara; a sash maybe, but not a tiara.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff